collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: meditation problems - I feel lost  (Read 1844 times)

bluewave193

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tumblr.com/blog/oboeadventures
meditation problems - I feel lost
« on: December 26, 2011, 11:49:35 pm »
so in the past (about 4 years ago) I used to meditate a lot and I even found a spirit guide. For some reason or another, I stopped meditating and now realize that this is something I want to make a part of my life again. I really want to integrate paganism and meditation into my life and find a connection with general life. (sorry for the little one-line rant... back to the topic). So, now when I try to meditate i feel nervous, like I can never really relax or feel whole. I guess I feel a little guilty about leaving my spirit guide, and I'm afraid that I will never see him (or any others if they chose to reveal themselves) again. (by the way he is a male, african lion named Reaha). I used to be able to have visions/"transport" to other places (a field with a hill surrounded by a forest with a stream was where I usually went), but now it seems I can hardly focus.

can anyone help?

Wulffwynne

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: meditation problems - I feel lost
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 12:39:09 am »
Quote from: bluewave193;36526

can anyone help?

I guess I have some questions for you rather than being able to answer yours!

Well... I've been wanting to begin meditation, but I feel the same blocks you have.  Part of it is I share an apartment with my boyfriend and we tend to both be home at the same time.  I don't have a quiet place.  Also, I'm kiiiiiiiind of an A.D.D personality.  (I understand that some people don't believe in this, but unless you've lived with it, pls don't judge).  I'm overly sensitive to movement and sounds around me. I've come up with some coping mechanisms for blocking things out so I can focus on things like college papers or say... sleeping! lol. Maybe some of these things will help you "drown out the noise" and focus on your internal world.

New Age music is something that I don't really like to be honest with you.  I'm a rock n roll, indie/alt/garage rock kinda girl.  But when I need to write a 10 page research paper, I can't have upbeat music with words that I'll sing along to.  Classical music has too many highs and lows, it lulls you into a peaceful place and then BAM! So I found New Age music is peaceful, often with no lyrics, and it's steady without ups and downs.  One group I play a lot is called 2002.  

For sleeping... any little sound will wake me up, so I keep a fan going by my bed and I keep a stash of ear plugs handy.  

Now that I'm sharing this with you... it's dawning on me that I should use my own tactics to help with my own meditation, derp!

My questions are...  when you were meditating regularly, where did you go physically?  Your bedroom?  Outside under a tree?  And how did you guide your mind there?  How did your guide reveal himself?

Wulffwynne

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 01:02:14 am »
Quote from: bluewave193;36526

can anyone help?

Someone else posted a similar question, check out the thread http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/showthread.php?2207-Advice-needed-on-meditation-techniques.

bluewave193

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tumblr.com/blog/oboeadventures
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 01:33:06 pm »
Quote from: Wulffwynne;36537
I guess I have some questions for you rather than being able to answer yours!

Well... I've been wanting to begin meditation, but I feel the same blocks you have.  Part of it is I share an apartment with my boyfriend and we tend to both be home at the same time.  I don't have a quiet place.  Also, I'm kiiiiiiiind of an A.D.D personality.  (I understand that some people don't believe in this, but unless you've lived with it, pls don't judge).  I'm overly sensitive to movement and sounds around me. I've come up with some coping mechanisms for blocking things out so I can focus on things like college papers or say... sleeping! lol. Maybe some of these things will help you "drown out the noise" and focus on your internal world.

New Age music is something that I don't really like to be honest with you.  I'm a rock n roll, indie/alt/garage rock kinda girl.  But when I need to write a 10 page research paper, I can't have upbeat music with words that I'll sing along to.  Classical music has too many highs and lows, it lulls you into a peaceful place and then BAM! So I found New Age music is peaceful, often with no lyrics, and it's steady without ups and downs.  One group I play a lot is called 2002.  

For sleeping... any little sound will wake me up, so I keep a fan going by my bed and I keep a stash of ear plugs handy.  

Now that I'm sharing this with you... it's dawning on me that I should use my own tactics to help with my own meditation, derp!

My questions are...  when you were meditating regularly, where did you go physically?  Your bedroom?  Outside under a tree?  And how did you guide your mind there?  How did your guide reveal himself?

when I did meditate regularly, I used to do it under a tree at school during lunch. Recently I've just tried to meditate just before bed. Sitting cross-legged in my bed with a candle lit. Usually by this time everyone else in my family is asleep so there isn't much extra noise.

Thinking about it thought, I might want to try meditating outside and see what results I get... heh.

When I found my spirit guide, I was walking through a forest on a well-worn path. Then I came up to a fork in the road which was divided by a large (naturally forming) stone wall. I chose the right path. While walking down it I saw the name Rehaha scratched in the stone and a few paces later I came to a clearing with a lion standing in the middle. When he saw me he roared, more out of surprise then anything. I approached him and asked if he was my guide. He nodded his head.

I then came out of meditation and the next time I visited him it was in small field surrounded by a Forrest with a stream.

hope this helps.

corvid04

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 12:38:45 am »
Quote from: Wulffwynne;36537

Also, I'm kiiiiiiiind of an A.D.D personality.

I'm not just kind of A.D.D... You may find that the reverse of meditation works best for you, physical activity, something repetitive and simple, namely exercise. If you put enough of your self in to an exercise routine you may be able to ignore enough of the rest of the world to enter the alpha wave state, counterintuitive I know, but without drugging your self to a zombie like state, it may be the best option. At lest it works for me, and it's a two bird one stone deal.

O.P. I suggest you do not seek your friend, but let him, and your routine, return at their own natural pace.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:41:04 am by corvid04 »

r2squared

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 12:58:08 am »
Quote from: bluewave193;36592
when I did meditate regularly, I used to do it under a tree at school during lunch. Recently I've just tried to meditate just before bed. Sitting cross-legged in my bed with a candle lit. Usually by this time everyone else in my family is asleep so there isn't much extra noise.

Thinking about it thought, I might want to try meditating outside and see what results I get... heh.

When I found my spirit guide, I was walking through a forest on a well-worn path. Then I came up to a fork in the road which was divided by a large (naturally forming) stone wall. I chose the right path. While walking down it I saw the name Rehaha scratched in the stone and a few paces later I came to a clearing with a lion standing in the middle. When he saw me he roared, more out of surprise then anything. I approached him and asked if he was my guide. He nodded his head.

I then came out of meditation and the next time I visited him it was in small field surrounded by a Forrest with a stream.

hope this helps.

I see where you and a lot of other people's problems come from, as I have faced them to with meditation. I call it 'third eye anxiety' lol.

If nothing else - concentrate on breathing, and just that. There's a lot of heavy diaphragm contraction when it comes to breathing while you're meditating, and the truth is, we as humans don't normally, subconsciously, breath with our diaphragm...even though it's healthier for us. So if you find yourself getting lost - just breathe. :)

Tags: