Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Prayers/positive vibes/etc for my dying grandmother  (Read 1161 times)

bowie

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Prayers/positive vibes/etc for my dying grandmother
« on: April 24, 2014, 10:54:43 pm »
Hey all,

My grandmother has not been doing well for the last seven months or so in particular. It's been really hard to see her deteriorating so quickly from end stage congestive heart failure as well as COPD and a whole host of other issues. She recently moved in with her eldest child (my uncle and his wife), and is being cared for by him. She is also now receiving in home hospice care as of a few days ago.

However, my mum called me last night and told me she is now on morphine and being given a month to live. They thought they lost her yesterday morning when she had some kind of episode. They also had trouble waking her up this morning, and she apparently told one of my aunts that she didn't think she would make it to see this coming Saturday. She's also having a very difficult time talking on the phone so I can't speak to her at the moment.

My grandmother has eight children, a few of which (including my mum) are going to see her tomorrow. It's very hard on them, and very hard on me too (and her 13 other grandchildren, I'm sure) as I'm currently two hours or so away from her at college. I don't go home for another two weeks at the end of the semester, and I don't know if I will be able to see her to say goodbye since she is confident she won't make it that long. We don't see eye to eye on religious beliefs (she is a Christian) but I do know she has made her peace with her God and is ready to go, and that gives me some peace of mind, but it's still incredibly difficult for me.

I'd so appreciate some prayers/energy/good vibes, etc, both for her and the pain that she's in, as well as for me, and maybe some prayers that she'll hang on until I can get to see her and say goodbye to her and tell her I love her.

Thank you all so much in advance.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 10:55:55 pm by bowie »

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers/positive vibes/etc for my dying grandmother
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 09:04:45 am »
Quote from: bowie;146166
Hey all,

My grandmother has not been doing well for the last seven months or so in particular. It's been really hard to see her deteriorating so quickly from end stage congestive heart failure as well as COPD and a whole host of other issues. She recently moved in with her eldest child (my uncle and his wife), and is being cared for by him. She is also now receiving in home hospice care as of a few days ago.

However, my mum called me last night and told me she is now on morphine and being given a month to live. They thought they lost her yesterday morning when she had some kind of episode. They also had trouble waking her up this morning, and she apparently told one of my aunts that she didn't think she would make it to see this coming Saturday. She's also having a very difficult time talking on the phone so I can't speak to her at the moment.

My grandmother has eight children, a few of which (including my mum) are going to see her tomorrow. It's very hard on them, and very hard on me too (and her 13 other grandchildren, I'm sure) as I'm currently two hours or so away from her at college. I don't go home for another two weeks at the end of the semester, and I don't know if I will be able to see her to say goodbye since she is confident she won't make it that long. We don't see eye to eye on religious beliefs (she is a Christian) but I do know she has made her peace with her God and is ready to go, and that gives me some peace of mind, but it's still incredibly difficult for me.

I'd so appreciate some prayers/energy/good vibes, etc, both for her and the pain that she's in, as well as for me, and maybe some prayers that she'll hang on until I can get to see her and say goodbye to her and tell her I love her.

Thank you all so much in advance.

Wow. I'm really sorry. I'll be thinking of you. I hope you get to see her before she goes, and that she passes on peacefully when her time comes.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

MightyAntler

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 05:15:32 pm »
Quote from: bowie;146166

I supplicated the Foremost of the Westerners with incense.

I wish you and yours peace, assurance, and comfort. :)
Yours in hobbit homes,
MightyAntler

bowie

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;146182
Wow. I'm really sorry. I'll be thinking of you. I hope you get to see her before she goes, and that she passes on peacefully when her time comes.

Quote from: Djaty;146259
I supplicated the Foremost of the Westerners with incense.

I wish you and yours peace, assurance, and comfort. :)

Thank you both so, so much.

Tags: