"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Demons, ghosts, spirit guides? Problems.  (Read 8026 times)

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Demons, ghosts, spirit guides? Problems.
« on: April 22, 2014, 07:39:47 pm »
This is kind of long and I apologize. Please read if you have experience with anything in the title or close to it.

I've been a "seeker" for a few years. I studied Wicca over 10 years ago and then stopped to be a "Christian" for my husband (ex). Well about 2 1/2 years ago I was with my boyfriend a new house and I started getting uncomfortable in our bedroom. Then it got worse. At night I could feel a presence and it didn't feel good. I felt like it wanted my bf but I slept by the edge by the baby. So "technically" in the way.

It got so bad I would huddle under the covers. I felt it right by my face. I started to tell my bf and he just said "you feel it too". So yeah. Then my kids told me the house was haunted. One day my bf was alone and taking a shower and a hand reached in. One night all the kids were gone and we heard things sliding across the floor. Things that a fan or wind couldn't move and rustling in the baby's bed. I didn't know what to do.

Then one night an idea popped in my head. I visualized a purple and white neon circle around everyone in the house and made a symbol in tip. I made it spin until it looked like a cone. I said "whoever can help please protect us from anything that wants to harm or scar us". I actually slept that night. I thought the symbol I made was a cross but it kept turning up and I realized it was algiz once I started studying again. More in depth this time and not Wiccan. (I have issues with Wicca and I think the main reason is the structure is too much like Christianity). So this visualization helped and I did it every night.

But I knew that whatever was there was still there just staying away. We fought a lot and ended up breaking up. I got back with my current husband. Off and on I have felt this "energy" or something in me getting stronger but I didn't know what it was. I started researching paganism and found that I was being tapped by the Morrighan.

Skip ahead and last year I was awake super early and the house was quiet, everyone asleep. My husband was still an hour from being home. I laid on my bed and then I heard the front door slam, and then my husband screaming and cussing. I though "omg wtf is wrong with him he's gonna wake up the kids" and I ran into the hall. No one was there. Everyone still asleep. I searched outside. Nothing. I called him and he was still an hour away. Later that night we fought really bad and the things said were what I had heard that morning. Everyone fights in this house a lot. The worst fights ever.

Skip ahead. I think I'm empath procog? I have an extreme intuition, and it seems like I take on whatever emotions are around. Only I get them worse. And sometimes it's just too much. Here I will mention that for the last year and half I have had an aversion to reflective surfaces. I can look if I'm looking directly at something. But other than that u keep my eyes averted. I'm afraid of what I will see.

I have been feeling stuff in this house for a while. There are multiple something's. And they are mostly in my room where I spend the majority of my time. My kids have also talked about this house being haunted. I have has weird dreams of hearing a conversation between a make and female but it's dark and then I'm sucked backwards through a tunnel and I fight it but it keeps happening. I wake up so soaked in sweat I have to change clothes and lay a towel over my sheets. At anytime I will hear snippets of conversation, like it's in my ear but I see no one and I can't understand anything that's said. I also see "shadows" in my peripheral vision but when I turn my head nothing is there.

I can't sleep with the tv off. It has to be on and turned up. Sometimes I hear movement. But it's more of a feeling I guess. And pressure. Sometimes I hardly sleep. I've also gotten feeling of "draw this rune on my skin" and it's always algiz that I draw. And the other night I drew a pentagram. Some people said that people can be haunted the same as houses but that those spirits tended to be more aggressive. My husband believes me even though he is a Christian.

Someone also suggested that one or more could be guardian spirits. They asked me if I had gotten any bruises. At the time (only a few days ago) I said no. However, on Friday night my husband stayed at his grandparents (we are moving out of state soon and he wanted to spend time with them) and I slept in the living room. Runes drawn on. Tv up and loud and lights on. Saturday morning my husband came home and I woke crying because of a bad dream. He held me and we slept till that afternoon. I woke up mad and we started fighting. It was the worst fight we had in a while and he was packing his stuff to leave.

Something started making me feel like I should go outside. So I grabbed my stuff and went outside and started to immediately calm down. I texted him and told him it was the house. That I was outside. He knew what I meant and he came out too. We were able to talk calmly and we didn't fight anymore. He texted me and told me he only wanted to text about it because he felt like they could hear the conversation and that things we said could be used against us. He thought maybe they were mad that I had been talking about protecting myself from them or something along those lines.

Now Sunday afternoon my leg starts hurting. And by Sunday night I could not stand for my thigh to be touched. There are bruises here and there on my leg. All the way around it. You can see some but some I can only feel. There are bruises on both arms and the bottom parts of my legs also. But my thigh. It hurts to even wear clothes.

I am trying to learn how to ground, shield, raise energy, etc. but I don't know how yet. I can't really meditate. But I was told that when I "get lost in" a fire or the water that is a form of meditation and to go from there. I don't know how to cleanse or alight my chakras. I don't know what is going on or how to protect myself or my family. Can anyone please help me? I'm terrified, especially at night. And I'm told do not show then fear. But how can I not?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 11:59:03 pm by SunflowerP »

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Demons, ghosts, spirit guides? Problems.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:45:11 pm »
Sorry for typos. Did this on my phone and constantly getting up to deal with the kids. I'm usually not so bad. Feel free to ask any questions. The more you know...

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 09:06:16 pm »
Also, I've been pondering asking for protection/help from wights, fae, dragons, watchtowers, or the elementals. I'm very drawn to water and fire, and the thought of salamanders and undines have always been appealing. I just don't know what's safe and the "how to's" of doing that.

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 09:10:42 pm »
Oh, and in the last two years I've developed anxiety disorder and have panic attacks. I don't like crowds. This is all new. And like I said I take on others emotions, within seconds, especially anger. I also don't like looking most people in the eye. This is also something I started doing very recently. I'm afraid of what I will see. I'm not sure what I expect to see, but I just avoid it in most people.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 12:02:43 am »
Quote from: Aspiria;145965
This is kind of long and I apologize.

We don't mind long posts here, but to avoid having a hard-to-read wall-o'-text, hitting "enter" twice every few lines adds some white space and makes it easier to follow - I've edited yours to add those breaks, but it's a really good habit to get into yourself.

They don't have to be the "proper" place for paragraph breaks (we're interested in readability more than technicalities), or a complete change of thought - some thoughts take a lot of lines and need to be broken up into sub-thoughts - as long as they're there.

Sunflower, TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 12:04:39 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;145992
We don't mind long posts here, but to avoid having a hard-to-read wall-o'-text, hitting "enter" twice every few lines adds some white space and makes it easier to follow - I've edited yours to add those breaks, but it's a really good habit to get into yourself.

They don't have to be the "proper" place for paragraph breaks (we're interested in readability more than technicalities), or a complete change of thought - some thoughts take a lot of lines and need to be broken up into sub-thoughts - as long as they're there.

Sunflower, TC Forum Staff

Thank you.

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 12:06:12 am »
Quote from: Aspiria;145971

Talk to a doctor. Even if the problem is most certainly metaphysical, if you have a physical ailment making your sleep or energy levels worse, that certainly isn't going to help.

These are things I've collected on warding, banishing, and protection.
http://bookmarkgrimoire.tumblr.com/tagged/warding
http://bookmarkgrimoire.tumblr.com/tagged/banishing
http://bookmarkgrimoire.tumblr.com/tagged/protection
and ecauldron has a site spellbook that might help too (see the top bar).

I am not the person to explain it (though I suggest you search the forum), but I also suggest working on meditating or otherwise clearing your mind and calming yourself. If you are an empath or precognitive, you will want to shield yourself.

You can also anoint protective symbols above your doorways, scatter salt in doorways/windows/corners, and burn herbs.

[I was going to request paragraphs but Sunflower got it]

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 12:08:16 am »
Quote from: Scales;145994
Talk to a doctor. Even if the problem is most certainly metaphysical, if you have a physical ailment making your sleep or energy levels worse, that certainly isn't going to help.

These are things I've collected on warding, banishing, and protection.
http://bookmarkgrimoire.tumblr.com/tagged/warding
http://bookmarkgrimoire.tumblr.com/tagged/banishing
http://bookmarkgrimoire.tumblr.com/tagged/protection
and ecauldron has a site spellbook that might help too (see the top bar).

I am not the person to explain it (though I suggest you search the forum), but I also suggest working on meditating or otherwise clearing your mind and calming yourself. If you are an empath or precognitive, you will want to shield yourself.

You can also anoint protective symbols above your doorways, scatter salt in doorways/windows/corners, and burn herbs.

[I was going to request paragraphs but Sunflower got it]

Thanks. I'll look at the links you posted. Sorry. I was trying to hurry before something got deleted by accident or something. Which has happened a lot.

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 12:15:54 am »
Quote from: Aspiria;145996
Thanks. I'll look at the links you posted. Sorry. I was trying to hurry before something got deleted by accident or something. Which has happened a lot.

No worries, forums can be silly and knowing where to put paragraphs when you're typing stream-of-consciously can be a pain.

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 12:17:33 am »
Quote from: Scales;145997
No worries, forums can be silly and knowing where to put paragraphs when you're typing stream-of-consciously can be a pain.

:) thanks

dragonfaerie

• Master Member
  • Priestess of Caffeina
    • View Profile
    • Soylent Purple
  • Religion: Wicca & Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 09:49:36 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;145965
This is kind of long and I apologize. Please read if you have experience with anything in the title or close to it.

Ok...

First, I agree that you should see a doctor. From what you're describing, there could definitely be a physical component to what you're experiencing. It would be good to rule that out.

Second, I think you should try to find a therapist to help you deal with the anxiety issues. That can also affect you in mysterious ways.

Third, I always recommend to folks who think they're experiencing something paranormal to keep a journal of any phenomena they experience as it's happening. No one every really follows through, but this sort of information is gold to paranormal investigators like myself because we can hopefully find some patterns to the experiences that can help us explain what's going on.

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing a banishing or cleansing in your home if it will make you feel more secure. Some simple sage smudging and/or envisioning the rooms bathed in white light is an easy way to accomplish that, but you also have to believe that the cleansing will work. Second guessing will key into your anxiety issues.

I don't recommend finding a paranormal group to help you at this point. As someone "in the community", groups are often scattershot in their methods and may do more harm than good with their mumbo-jumbo. Get your physical and mental ailments under control, keep that journal, and then if you're still experiencing things that make you uncomfortable, it's time to look at calling someone else in.

IMO, of course. I'm a paranormal investigator myself, but no one's really an "expert".

Karen

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 11:06:53 pm »
Quote from: dragonfaerie;146497
Ok...

First, I agree that you should see a doctor. From what you're describing, there could definitely be a physical component to what you're experiencing. It would be good to rule that out.

Second, I think you should try to find a therapist to help you deal with the anxiety issues. That can also affect you in mysterious ways.

Third, I always recommend to folks who think they're experiencing something paranormal to keep a journal of any phenomena they experience as it's happening. No one every really follows through, but this sort of information is gold to paranormal investigators like myself because we can hopefully find some patterns to the experiences that can help us explain what's going on.

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing a banishing or cleansing in your home if it will make you feel more secure. Some simple sage smudging and/or envisioning the rooms bathed in white light is an easy way to accomplish that, but you also have to believe that the cleansing will work. Second guessing will key into your anxiety issues.

I don't recommend finding a paranormal group to help you at this point. As someone "in the community", groups are often scattershot in their methods and may do more harm than good with their mumbo-jumbo. Get your physical and mental ailments under control, keep that journal, and then if you're still experiencing things that make you uncomfortable, it's time to look at calling someone else in.

IMO, of course. I'm a paranormal investigator myself, but no one's really an "expert".

Karen

To be completely clear, I have no experience with the paranormal, and I completely agree with Dragonfaerie above about seeing a doctor, keeping a journal- and especially about being careful about paranormal groups. (Honestly, that last one sounds like a really good way to get ripped off.)

However, could I also suggest you contact Diety in some way? If the presence is harmful, I honestly think a god could help you. I'm certain that there are gods of fire and water, which you mentioned being attracted to, and perhaps a patron of marriage would help you and your husband.

I really hope this turns out okay for everyone involved. Thanks for your patience with me, my advice, and my lack of experience- and good luck! (You sound like you need it)

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 11:40:39 pm »
Quote from: Germandragon;146555
To be completely clear, I have no experience with the paranormal, and I completely agree with Dragonfaerie above about seeing a doctor, keeping a journal- and especially about being careful about paranormal groups. (Honestly, that last one sounds like a really good way to get ripped off.)

However, could I also suggest you contact Diety in some way? If the presence is harmful, I honestly think a god could help you. I'm certain that there are gods of fire and water, which you mentioned being attracted to, and perhaps a patron of marriage would help you and your husband.

I really hope this turns out okay for everyone involved. Thanks for your patience with me, my advice, and my lack of experience- and good luck! (You sound like you need it)

Thanks to you both.  I do have anxiety and panic attack disorder with OCD tendencies...depression, yada, yada. I've been seeing a therapist for about 6 months or so. It's helped some with at least recognizing my problems and some causes and also understanding certain behaviors.

I had an idea (thwap? Idk) and I like the elder futhark and I am going to be making a rune set. Well my idea involved tattooing the algiz rune on. This would mean I wouldn't have to worry about drawing it on the nights when things were too bad. The day we went to get the tat I wrote down several different runes that I felt a pull towards including algiz. I combined them into a bind rune. Then added algiz next to it for good measure.

The very second that I came home and walked into my bedroom I could almost physically feel pressure in my room and I felt it being pushed back as I walked in. It was like the difference in walking through mud and then water. I could still feel it but it wasn't as thick. I felt like some thing was angry but unable to do anything.

I also had some new thoughts enter my head. I do believe I'm haunted. I've felt them for a long time. And they weren't harmful or anything so I think that's why I didn't really notice much. But these places where I've had problems, I believe they had their own spirits. And I had a thought just "pop" in that some of the problem was that "mine" didn't like the "house's" and I was feeling the tension between. I also feel that these house's spirits were huge parts of the problems as far as the anger and tension, like they projected it.

I know I'm an empath with precog and I am suspecting that my kids are also. So I believe this had a lot to do with how much fighting goes on. Everyone does better away from the house. If I'm riled up I can walk outside and immediately start to calm down.

Does any of this sound "normal"? Well as normal as Paganesque things go lol.

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 12:35:03 am »
Quote from: Aspiria;146556
Thanks to you both.  
I had an idea (thwap? Idk) and I like the elder futhark and I am going to be making a rune set. Well my idea involved tattooing the algiz rune on. This would mean I wouldn't have to worry about drawing it on the nights when things were too bad. The day we went to get the tat I wrote down several different runes that I felt a pull towards including algiz. I combined them into a bind rune. Then added algiz next to it for god measure. Well as normal as Paganesque things go lol.

Here is a pic. I have this on the other arm too and then just algiz alone on my foot. But I live in an area that is heavy with churches so this weekend I will be adding four more algiz runes to my foot (to total 5) and make them in a pattern to look like bird tracks getting smaller and leading to a hole in a tree. So only the ones who I tell will know what they actually are. I like it for the runes and because it's unique in my opinion. At least I haven't see it before :) the best part is that I'm doing better being alone in my room right now.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 01:01:34 am »
Quote from: Aspiria;146556
The very second that I came home and walked into my bedroom I could almost physically feel pressure in my room and I felt it being pushed back as I walked in. It was like the difference in walking through mud and then water. I could still feel it but it wasn't as thick. I felt like some thing was angry but unable to do anything.

Does any of this sound "normal"? Well as normal as Paganesque things go lol.

To be perfectly honest, this sounds a lot like some of my experiences with intrusive thoughts. Is that an element of OCD you've worked on with your therapist at all?
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Tags: