collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: hello!  (Read 262 times)

southerncountrywitch

hello!
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:14:12 pm »
Hi everyone.  I am so happy to have found you guys!  A bit about myself...

I just turned 30 and I live in the southern US.  I discovered paganism probably a month ago or so?  And it's been a beautiful whirlwind journey ever since.  It feels a bit like a homecoming; I never knew that the things I already believed were already labeled something else.  I grew up in a Southern Baptist community and was constantly questioning.  After seeing lots of ugly things that weren't exemplary to me in my small, hometown church (and by no means do I think what I saw is really what goes on most places), I disassociated myself from that community and drifted for awhile, religionless.  It's recently that I really felt the need to connect to Someone out there and I ordered a few books on basically Wicca 101 from Amazon.  I've devoured what I've been able to find since.

I'm happy to be here but as a very, very new pagan I have lots of questions.  I hope you guys will all bear with me!  I also hope at all times to be 100% respectful and I apologize in advance if I use terminology that is incorrect or say something out of turn; I just want to say now that I am still learning and please let me know if you have any pieces of advice or places to turn as a newbie!

Thanks again.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:38:33 pm »
Quote from: southerncountrywitch;145895

Hi, welcome to TC! You'll definitely learn a lot from everyone on here!

(Also, kudos to you for using the correct form of bear when saying 'bear with me,' because most people say bare and it drives me up the wall).
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

southerncountrywitch

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 06:49:49 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;145899
Hi, welcome to TC! You'll definitely learn a lot from everyone on here!

(Also, kudos to you for using the correct form of bear when saying 'bear with me,' because most people say bare and it drives me up the wall).

Thank you, HarpingHawke!  I guess I forgot to mention that I was also an English major. ;)

Aerinfridh

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 03:39:34 pm »
Quote from: southerncountrywitch;145895
Hi everyone.  I am so happy to have found you guys!  A bit about myself...

I just turned 30 and I live in the southern US.  I discovered paganism probably a month ago or so?  And it's been a beautiful whirlwind journey ever since.  It feels a bit like a homecoming; I never knew that the things I already believed were already labeled something else.  I grew up in a Southern Baptist community and was constantly questioning.  After seeing lots of ugly things that weren't exemplary to me in my small, hometown church (and by no means do I think what I saw is really what goes on most places), I disassociated myself from that community and drifted for awhile, religionless.  It's recently that I really felt the need to connect to Someone out there and I ordered a few books on basically Wicca 101 from Amazon.  I've devoured what I've been able to find since.

I'm happy to be here but as a very, very new pagan I have lots of questions.  I hope you guys will all bear with me!  I also hope at all times to be 100% respectful and I apologize in advance if I use terminology that is incorrect or say something out of turn; I just want to say now that I am still learning and please let me know if you have any pieces of advice or places to turn as a newbie!

Thanks again.

Welcome to TC!!!

Tags: