collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: A Year and a Day  (Read 1468 times)

ThePhoenix

• View Profile
A Year and a Day
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:13:52 am »
So I've got this new book entitled "Wicca A Year and A Day" - Timothy Roderick, and was wondering if any of you red the book or used it, and what are your thoughts on it.

This book is basically 366 days, 1 by 1, of teaching related to the wiccan practice, rituals, spells, divination, incenses and oils.

I fast red trough it and it seems it has lots of great stuff, but I'm still wondering it it's worth it

beachglass

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: A Year and a Day
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 12:51:17 pm »
Quote from: ThePhoenix;145746
So I've got this new book entitled "Wicca A Year and A Day" - Timothy Roderick, and was wondering if any of you red the book or used it, and what are your thoughts on it.

I have the book and have worked through some of it. I found some of the exercises useful, and some not so much, but I think it depends a lot on one's previous experience, and on what just resonates personally. I also think the structure of having one activity to do each day can be useful.

If you're planning to do all the exercises, I would strongly suggest reading the book through before beginning, because some of them need advance planning. Also, there are many guided meditations/visualization exercises, and Roderick doesn't give much introduction to this technique, so if it's not something you do often you may want to practice it a bit first.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you plan to buy all of the items Roderick includes on his supply lists, it will get rather expensive. So you may want to consider which items could be substituted with things you already have, etc.

There is a blogger, Melissa Zupan, who has worked all the way through the book. Her review is here, and if you want to go back and follow her project from the beginning, it begins here.
"The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."  ~ Robert Smith

Tags: