collapse

Author Topic: Prayers for a friend  (Read 870 times)

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Prayers for a friend
« on: April 18, 2014, 01:55:41 pm »
Hey all. I need prayers for a friend of mine. She has serious issues with anxiety and struggles with chronic depression. I don't want to get too deep into details, because she told me a lot of things that were very hard for her to say, but she had something of an accident this morning and was sent to the emergency room in an ambulance, and then she got stranded there. She called me at 6am, because she knew there was a good chance I would be awake already (she was right), and she was kind of scared to call anyone else.

I picked her up and we talked. Her parents are coming down to see her (she's a good bit younger than me), and I told her to give them my contact information, so if anything happens in the future, they can call me and have me check on her, since I think she needs to have someone else to confide in, and I also think it would help her parents to know that she has a support network.

But she's having a really rough time, and I just want her to know that I'm there for her, and she's not alone. I'd really like prayers both for her to feel strong and whole, and for me to be able to help her when she needs it.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers for a friend
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:56:25 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;145536
Hey all. I need prayers for a friend of mine. She has serious issues with anxiety and struggles with chronic depression. I don't want to get too deep into details, because she told me a lot of things that were very hard for her to say, but she had something of an accident this morning and was sent to the emergency room in an ambulance, and then she got stranded there. She called me at 6am, because she knew there was a good chance I would be awake already (she was right), and she was kind of scared to call anyone else.

I picked her up and we talked. Her parents are coming down to see her (she's a good bit younger than me), and I told her to give them my contact information, so if anything happens in the future, they can call me and have me check on her, since I think she needs to have someone else to confide in, and I also think it would help her parents to know that she has a support network.

But she's having a really rough time, and I just want her to know that I'm there for her, and she's not alone. I'd really like prayers both for her to feel strong and whole, and for me to be able to help her when she needs it.

Sending prayers.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

sofiapblund

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:13:15 am »

Will be including your friend in my prayers.
"A short saying often contains much wisdom."    steve barbarich

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 02:44:16 pm »

Praying!

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 05:45:15 am »

Thank you everyone. She seems to be doing better, though I think I will drop her a line today to be extra-sure.

I know it's been some time, but we dyed Easter Eggs together. She's single, and she only has a few friends (and all of them seem to have SOs, which makes her feel self-conscious, from what I've gathered). We had a lot of fun turning our fingers that ugly shade of greenish-brown that you get when ALL THE COLORS GET ON YOUR SKIN.

She also got a practical goodie basket with a can of Coke Zero (her favorite drink), two oranges (she loves oranges), and a bag of popcorn (I had popped some before she came over, and asked if she would like any, and she said she wanted some to take back with her). I also got her a little doggie pendant carved from some kind of brown stone - tiger's eye, I think.

We also had more fun than we should have blowing the eggs....she had never blown eggs before. It's a strangely disgusting yet satisfying process!
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

MightyAntler

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 04:34:20 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;146613
She seems to be doing better, though I think I will drop her a line today to be extra-sure.

I'm getting that your friend there must be a sweet gal. I will say a prayer for you two. :)
Yours in hobbit homes,
MightyAntler

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 08:27:24 am »
Quote from: Djaty;146633
I'm getting that your friend there must be a sweet gal. I will say a prayer for you two. :)

Thank you. She is incredibly sweet, and since I've gone through some serious issues with depression and anxiety myself, I really feel for her and want to help her.

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 10:57:43 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;146687
Thank you. She is incredibly sweet, and since I've gone through some serious issues with depression and anxiety myself, I really feel for her and want to help her.

I'll continue to be praying for your friend. I'm having some pretty similar issues myself, so I can understand what she's going through.

((((RedFaery's friend))))
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

Tags: