collapse

Author Topic: Raven Radio?  (Read 1983 times)

Mark C.

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Raven Radio?
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:01:58 am »
It’s been a while since I’ve posted due to life getting very hectic. I’m still reading and learning. One source of continual education was Raven Radio, but it’s been a while since a new episode has showed up in my iTunes feed. Is it on another feed now? On a break? Finished?

Are there any other good podcasts on Heathenry that others could recommend?

Regards,

Mark

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Raven Radio?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:20:52 am »
Quote from: Mark C.;145416
It’s been a while since I’ve posted due to life getting very hectic. I’m still reading and learning. One source of continual education was Raven Radio, but it’s been a while since a new episode has showed up in my iTunes feed. Is it on another feed now? On a break? Finished?

Regards,

Mark

I thought I read something somewhere that at least Bob was taking a break from it.
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

bobthesane

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ravenradio.info/
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 06:44:57 am »
Quote from: Mark C.;145416

Regards,

Mark

We're done, actually. We decided we were tired of doing it lol. After four years it was time to move on. We happily managed to piss a lot of people off on the way, and made some good friends, so I count it all as a win.

Seriuosly I do have a bunch of episodes I need to link in to iTunes, but I am still waiting for Chuck to finish cleaning up the audio.

Aerinfridh

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 09:20:37 am »
Quote from: bobthesane;145504
We're done, actually. We decided we were tired of doing it lol. After four years it was time to move on. We happily managed to piss a lot of people off on the way, and made some good friends, so I count it all as a win.

Seriuosly I do have a bunch of episodes I need to link in to iTunes, but I am still waiting for Chuck to finish cleaning up the audio.

Sounds interesting.  I will have to check out some episodes.

Mark C.

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 05:14:08 pm »

That's a shame, but I'm sure I speak for many when I express my gratitude for all the excellent material. Very helpful!

Are there any other good heathen podcasts that people would recommend?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 05:15:00 pm by Mark C. »

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 05:33:58 pm »
Quote from: Mark C.;145893
That's a shame, but I'm sure I speak for many when I express my gratitude for all the excellent material. Very helpful!

Are there any other good heathen podcasts that people would recommend?

Back in the day (like, 2008ish) I really enjoyed Ravencast. However it's been quite awhile since I've listened to them and I'm not a heathen myself so I can't gauge how good they were.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Vaulkhar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »

I just started listening from Itunes a few days ago and I want to thank you and the others for making doing it. I'm learning a lot and really enjoy the banter! :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:20:52 pm by Vaulkhar »

bobthesane

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 09:05:02 pm »
Quote from: Vaulkhar;146202
I just started listening from Itunes a few days ago and I want to thank you and the others for making doing it. I'm learning a lot and really enjoy the banter! :)

Hehe, some episodes were... not as good as others, let's say :)

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 12:52:44 am »
Quote from: bobthesane;146218
Hehe, some episodes were... not as good as others, let's say :)

I'm curious which ones you don't think were as good... or maybe what you consider your greatest hits, if you'd rather approach it that way.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

bobthesane

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 06:29:45 am »
Quote from: Jack;146223
I'm curious which ones you don't think were as good... or maybe what you consider your greatest hits, if you'd rather approach it that way.

Oh jeez... uuuuuh I'd have to go back through them. I did particularly like the ones we did on brewing and food. Lots of the ones dealing with 'low lore' and Urglaawe were good too, and cultic practice.

Tags: