Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Need Help with The Morrigan  (Read 4931 times)

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Need Help with The Morrigan
« on: April 16, 2014, 04:13:53 pm »
Hello everyone! I've seen TM in meditation several times, and then I won't hear from her for a while. I get the feeling she's wants something more out of me, but I'm having a hard time connecting with her. Yes, I've been in contact through meditation, but I'm not sure what else to do. I don't feel as close to Her as I do to my other deities. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to give daily offerings?

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
Re: Need Help with The Morrigan
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 06:19:27 pm »
Quote from: Izzie414;145379
Hello everyone! I've seen TM in meditation several times, and then I won't hear from her for a while. I get the feeling she's wants something more out of me, but I'm having a hard time connecting with her. Yes, I've been in contact through meditation, but I'm not sure what else to do. I don't feel as close to Her as I do to my other deities. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to give daily offerings?

I had a similar kind of experience, I'd suggest making a small spot for Her (even if it's simply a candle and offering bowl/incense burner) and maybe doing one or two simple offerings. It could be that She's simply waiting for a more formal set up before anything? That's how it was with me anyway :)
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 02:26:49 am »
Quote from: Cág;145383
I had a similar kind of experience, I'd suggest making a small spot for Her (even if it's simply a candle and offering bowl/incense burner) and maybe doing one or two simple offerings. It could be that She's simply waiting for a more formal set up before anything? That's how it was with me anyway :)

What Cag said. She can be a very restrained goddess IME (surprisingly so). With me, I feel like she's respectful of the fact that her energy is really intense and I can't always handle that. She'll go away for a while, then be around for a while.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 06:22:22 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;145415
What Cag said. She can be a very restrained goddess IME (surprisingly so). With me, I feel like she's respectful of the fact that her energy is really intense and I can't always handle that. She'll go away for a while, then be around for a while.

Aye, She can take a while to get to where She'll make things clear.

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 10:35:08 am »
-----------------

Thanks! A few days I go I had this feeling that She wanted her place to be on my working altar, so I moved her picture & her candle there.

I leave offerings for the netjer every morning, so I can start leaving TM offerings in the evening.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 11:19:45 am »
Quote from: Izzie414;146130

A Reminder:
Hi, Izzie414,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

Our quote requirement is not about the text you're replying to (which you did include), but about the quote code (the stuff contained in square brackets before and after the text), which provides a trackback link to the post you're quoting.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower, TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:47:33 am »
Quote from: Izzie414;146130
Thanks! A few days I go I had this feeling that She wanted her place to be on my working altar, so I moved her picture & her candle there.

That's exactly how I started out :)

Danyarose

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 08:19:31 pm »
Quote from: Cág;146180
That's exactly how I started out :)

You have the right idea of setting up an individual place for Her and giving Her time. She will show up around me (ravens hanging out on my lawn etc.) and then back off to see if I respond. I think it may be because She is from a time and place where formality was appreciated and it considered to be a part of the sacred duty of each person to remember the laws of hospitality. Setting up a place for Her is like setting Her a place at your dinner table, a sign of respect.

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 09:10:39 pm »
Quote from: Danyarose;147573
She will show up around me (ravens hanging out on my lawn etc.) and then back off to see if I respond.

When I had a relationship with tM that's exactly how She felt: making Herself known and then watching to see what I did next. Big well of spiritual feels, big dry spell to see what I'd do.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Danyarose

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 09:52:01 pm »
Quote from: Sage;147575
When I had a relationship with tM that's exactly how She felt: making Herself known and then watching to see what I did next. Big well of spiritual feels, big dry spell to see what I'd do.

It really is Her pattern to give you a chance to exercise free will. You will know when She is ready to move beyond this phase.

Shakas

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 01:43:02 pm »
Quote from: Danyarose;147576
It really is Her pattern to give you a chance to exercise free will. You will know when She is ready to move beyond this phase.

Indeed.  We know about that, now don't we, my dear?

Danyarose is my Twin Flame, so when she and I reunited...well, given that she has been a longstanding devotee of the Morrigan, it didn't take long for Her to introduce herself to me.

Still, She gave me the choice, to follow Her or no.  Given how She had helped my Twin during the same she and I were apart, and what She revealed to me, the choice was an easy one for me to make.

Féileacán Ní Mhórrígan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 10:34:39 pm »
Quote from: Izzie414;145379

Everyone before me has said many good things that I definitely agree with. She is never one to coddle anyone into following Her or seeking Her presence. In my own experience, She remained on the fringes of my awareness until I was emotionally and mentallly mature enough and ready to deal directly with Her. And even then, She only appeared as a Goddess who guided me, and would not immediately reveal Her name to me.

I will say though, that the pattern is there, almost like She proposes a question and just awaits your answer, and with each step you willingly take towards Her, the closer She will come to you and the closer She will work with you and guide you. She will never guide those who do not willingly wish for Her guidance.

An altar place is a great way to start, and I wish you great blessings in your devotions and meditations to the Morrigan.

Féileacán Ní Mhórrígan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 10:41:17 pm »
Quote from: Danyarose;147573
You have the right idea of setting up an individual place for Her and giving Her time. She will show up around me (ravens hanging out on my lawn etc.) and then back off to see if I respond. I think it may be because She is from a time and place where formality was appreciated and it considered to be a part of the sacred duty of each person to remember the laws of hospitality. Setting up a place for Her is like setting Her a place at your dinner table, a sign of respect.

Danyarose, I had never quite put it into thought like that, but I believe you are very correct. Hospitality was very important to the Celtic peoples, and I believe that hospitality is very important when wishing to work with or commune with the Celtic Dieties of any kind, and especially the Great Queen, the Morrigan.

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 10:55:48 pm »
Quote from: Féileacán Ní Mhórrígan;147700
Everyone before me has said many good things that I definitely agree with. She is never one to coddle anyone into following Her or seeking Her presence. In my own experience, She remained on the fringes of my awareness until I was emotionally and mentallly mature enough and ready to deal directly with Her. And even then, She only appeared as a Goddess who guided me, and would not immediately reveal Her name to me.

I will say though, that the pattern is there, almost like She proposes a question and just awaits your answer, and with each step you willingly take towards Her, the closer She will come to you and the closer She will work with you and guide you. She will never guide those who do not willingly wish for Her guidance.

An altar place is a great way to start, and I wish you great blessings in your devotions and meditations to the Morrigan.

Thank you so much! I've decided to start out by devoting the next 2 weeks only to her. Thank you all for your advice :)

Shakas

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 02:27:11 pm »
Quote from: Izzie414;147703
Thank you so much! I've decided to start out by devoting the next 2 weeks only to her. Thank you all for your advice :)

Excellent...let us know how it turns out for you.  :)

Tags: