Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: spells for finding lost objects and clearing clutter  (Read 1970 times)

kala83

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
spells for finding lost objects and clearing clutter
« on: April 14, 2014, 04:57:48 pm »
I have a old Samsung smart  phone in the house somewhere with old vacation pics somewhere in my house. It was a gift from an old friend that is no longer in my life that. I Do Not Get ALONG WITH AT ALL. a few months ago she and her room mate accused me of walking off with this thing and demanded I give it back. So my fears of her having it are doubtful. But I wonder if the negative energy from it all is keeping me from finding it again. I there any spells I can do to help find this lost item and help clear out the loads and loads of clutter in my house

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: spells for finding lost objects and clearing clutter
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:40:35 am »
Quote from: kala83;145214
I have a old Samsung smart  phone in the house somewhere with old vacation pics somewhere in my house. It was a gift from an old friend that is no longer in my life that. I Do Not Get ALONG WITH AT ALL. a few months ago she and her room mate accused me of walking off with this thing and demanded I give it back. So my fears of her having it are doubtful. But I wonder if the negative energy from it all is keeping me from finding it again. I there any spells I can do to help find this lost item and help clear out the loads and loads of clutter in my house

The best spell for clutter I know is to watch a few episodes of Hoarders or How Clean Is Your House? and then go and clean. (Alternately for motivation you may read some Unfuck Your Habitat.)

If after cleaning objects still remain lost, you can try dowsing for them. I do that sometimes if I've lost my keys.

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:44:24 am »

Hi kala83!

I've been thinking about this post for a bit and wondered (in addition to your own religious/magical background) if you were looking for a spell with the goal of cleaning your home, or a spell with the goal of making it easier for you to have the time and energy to keep up with housework. Like an energy-boosting spell, maybe.
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

dragonfaerie

• Master Member
  • Priestess of Caffeina
    • View Profile
    • Soylent Purple
  • Religion: Wicca & Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 01:44:30 pm »
I there any spells I can do to help find this lost item and help clear out the loads and loads of clutter in my house

As far as clutter, there's no magical shortcut, I'm sorry to say. I like FLYLady for home clearing, though you still have to get off your backside and do the decluttering. Her system just breaks it down into small bits and routines so you don't feel completely overwhelmed by it.

As far as finding an object, in your place I'd whip up a quick candle spell (I really like candle spells) and raise energy to help me locate the missing object as quickly as possible. Then I'd start cleaning in the most likely places it would be, or anywhere the mood might strike me. Be open to intuitive flashes on where to look. Eventually, it'll turn up if it's in the house.

FWIW, this is why I tell people flat-out that I don't borrow things. My place is a cluttered mess, and they're likely to never get it back because it'll get lost in the shuffle. I never actually lose their stuff entirely, but by the time I find it they've usually either replaced it or we aren't really friends any longer.

Karen

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 05:43:07 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;145255
The best spell for clutter I know is to watch a few episodes of Hoarders or How Clean Is Your House? and then go and clean. (Alternately for motivation you may read some Unfuck Your Habitat.)

Gods, yes.  Hoarders makes me want to scrub things with a toothbrush.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 12:48:47 pm »

I like to set a timer for 15 minutes & see how much clutter I can put away. If I really can't find something, I ask the spirit of owl where it is. I'll say something like, "spirit of owl, I need help. Please show me where --- is". Then I shut my eyes & get a picture of where the item is. It works pretty well most of the time.

Nerys53

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 07:09:12 am »

Not a spell but something very interesting to read in dealing with clutter. The comments also are good to read for how others think about this.

http://www.bishopinthegrove.com/how-much-stuff-does-one-pagan-need/

RuachHaKodesh9

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.findingthegoddessundermynose.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 06:32:56 pm »

I don't have a spell, but I've heard St. Expedite helps people find things?
"...for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without."
-Charge of the Goddess, adapted by Starhawk

"It is enough to rest in your love. It is enough to taste your goodness. It is enough to call you by name. It is enough. It is enough"
-Joyce Rupp

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 06:53:28 pm »
Quote from: RuachHaKodesh9;147820
I don't have a spell, but I've heard St. Expedite helps people find things?

Hmm, the saint I've heard that about is St Anthony. There doesn't seem to be any mention of this in St Expedite's Wiki article.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

SunflowerP

• Host
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 07:51:29 pm »
Quote from: RuachHaKodesh9;147820

Oh, and also, a friendly reminder:

A Reminder:
The size of your signature is larger than our rules allow. While we're generally fairly easygoing about the signature rules and don't mind someone exceeding them a little bit, yours is enough longer that you'll need to do a bunch of pruning.

Thanks,
Sunflower, TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

RuachHaKodesh9

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 07:58:15 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;147823
Hmm, the saint I've heard that about is St Anthony. There doesn't seem to be any mention of this in St Expedite's Wiki article.

Sunflower

Oh! Ok, maybe it's St. Anthony for lost things and St. Expedite for hurrying things along.
"...for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without."

"It is enough to rest in your love. It is enough to taste your goodness. It is enough to call you by name. It is enough. It is enough"
-Joyce Rupp

RuachHaKodesh9

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 07:59:23 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;147830
Oh, and also, a friendly reminder:

A Reminder:
The size of your signature is larger than our rules allow. While we're generally fairly easygoing about the signature rules and don't mind someone exceeding them a little bit, yours is enough longer that you'll need to do a bunch of pruning.

Thanks,
Sunflower, TC Forum Staff

I shall begin pruning forthwith.

-Joyce Rupp

SunflowerP

• Host
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 08:03:22 pm »
Quote from: RuachHaKodesh9;147831
Oh! Ok, maybe it's St. Anthony for lost things and St. Expedite for hurrying things along.

That matches what I found, yep.

Sunflower

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 03:14:34 am »
Quote from: RuachHaKodesh9;147831

Yep - St Expedite, as his name suggests, helps out when you need things in a hurry. I have much more experience with him than with St Anthony, but if you like saint work, I've heard he's worth a try.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Tags: