Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Father-in-law diagnosed with cancer (again)  (Read 1185 times)

PurpleTree

• View Profile
Father-in-law diagnosed with cancer (again)
« on: April 12, 2014, 06:28:35 am »
Hello everyone, it's a shame there aren't more boards that focus on energy work. I have used it myself throughout my life, but my family is facing a situation right now that I feel needs more oomph.

My father-in-law, my boyfriend (basically husband's) stepdad, whom we live in the same house with, has been diagnosed with cancer again. He had colon cancer around 4 years ago and beat it, while also losing some of his intestines. He has been great since then, turning his life around and being active and eating well. However, while making dinner my boyfriend noticed some paperwork on the table from today's mail, and he snooped through it. Apparently his stepdad has been diagnosed with colon cancer again, that has also spread to his liver. We assume he had just found out that day.

This is a very scary time for us, and discovering that news instantly ruined my day. My boyfriend lost his mother to lung cancer at the same time his stepdad was diagnosed 4 years ago. His stepdad has been on top of doctor appointments since his initial diagnosis, so from the sounds of it, this has been caught early. Judging by the last time he had cancer, I'm going to assume he'll jump head first into treatment as soon as possible.

I am already attempting to help him as much as I can, but I'm not the best person for this stuff, because I myself suffer from severe anxiety and deal with a lot of stress because of it.

If any of you could be so kind to keep him (and the rest of us for that matter) in your thoughts, I would be forever grateful. His name is Larry.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, please be well. Thank you.

PrincessAstrid

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Father-in-law diagnosed with cancer (again)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 01:55:06 pm »
Quote from: PurpleTree;145078
Thank you.

I'll be sending healing energy Larry's way and praying for  him to beat this again. And also some to you to help with the anxiety involved.

Best wishes.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 03:12:24 pm »

Thoughts and prayers are with him and you.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

PurpleTree

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 10:41:15 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;145150
Thoughts and prayers are with him and you.

Thank you everyone!

I have some good news; he finally mentioned the cancer to us on his own today. Apparently it was literally caught as early as possible, he said it's so microscopic that they can't even get a sample of it. Because of this, he has a very broad range of treatment options, that, from the sound of things, will be pretty successful.

I suppose the dark side of that news is that because it's so small, I am personally worried that it could be other places as well. However, I am not a doctor, so I don't really know the odds of that. Just the fact that it's microscopic is promising for treatment though.

Larry is in high spirits and appears to have taken his diagnosis with ease. Deep down I feel confident that he can fight this off again, but my anxiety-ridden side will be worried until it's over.

Again, thank you all. I can't even thank you enough. I hope that he can beat this easily and go on living his life. I very much appreciate the time you have all taken to help, and I hope you are all blessed in return.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 10:42:22 pm by PurpleTree »

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 09:17:59 pm »
Hello everyone, it's a shame there aren't more boards that focus on energy work. I have used it myself throughout my life, but my family is facing a situation right now that I feel needs more oomph.

My father-in-law, my boyfriend (basically husband's) stepdad, whom we live in the same house with, has been diagnosed with cancer again. He had colon cancer around 4 years ago and beat it, while also losing some of his intestines. He has been great since then, turning his life around and being active and eating well. However, while making dinner my boyfriend noticed some paperwork on the table from today's mail, and he snooped through it. Apparently his stepdad has been diagnosed with colon cancer again, that has also spread to his liver. We assume he had just found out that day.

This is a very scary time for us, and discovering that news instantly ruined my day. My boyfriend lost his mother to lung cancer at the same time his stepdad was diagnosed 4 years ago. His stepdad has been on top of doctor appointments since his initial diagnosis, so from the sounds of it, this has been caught early. Judging by the last time he had cancer, I'm going to assume he'll jump head first into treatment as soon as possible.

I am already attempting to help him as much as I can, but I'm not the best person for this stuff, because I myself suffer from severe anxiety and deal with a lot of stress because of it.

If any of you could be so kind to keep him (and the rest of us for that matter) in your thoughts, I would be forever grateful. His name is Larry.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, please be well. Thank you.

My best thoughts and a candle is lit for his well being.

Phouka

Tags: