collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Battling near-crippling bout of Anx/Dep.  (Read 2099 times)

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
Re: Battling near-crippling bout of Anx/Dep.
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 06:10:46 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;144985
Boggle the Owl

Sunflower

Thank you for linking!

Quote from: Arthurine;144987
Oh gracious, I forgot about boggle! This is wonderful! Thank you!

I love Boggle. Quan Yin does too, so I've got two small owls on Her shrine.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 09:15:27 pm »
Quote from: Arthurine;144890
I am not great at figuring out how to join conversations or introduce myself, and so I don't know anyone here too well yet, but all of you guys on the cauldron are the closest thing I've had to real friends in a while. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Arthurine, I know how you feel and I'm sending lots of hugs and pats on the back. I used to be very shy (actually I still am) but I found the best thing to do in a group of strangers is just pick out one person (I usually go for the one that has the most people around them) and stick out my hand and say, "Hi, my name is Mare, what's yours?" It works every time and I meet a bunch of new people who are usually just as nervous as I am in the social setting.

Hugs and pats,

Phouka

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 01:19:08 am »
Quote from: Phouka;145333
Arthurine, I know how you feel and I'm sending lots of hugs and pats on the back. I used to be very shy (actually I still am) but I found the best thing to do in a group of strangers is just pick out one person (I usually go for the one that has the most people around them) and stick out my hand and say, "Hi, my name is Mare, what's yours?" It works every time and I meet a bunch of new people who are usually just as nervous as I am in the social setting.

Hugs and pats,

Phouka

Or if you're like me and prefer being a hermit, you could always find a pen pal (thread link anyone? I don't think Tapatalk can do that). Sometimes it helps to write things in a letter, whether you send it or not.

Pen pal or not, you can always PM me to talk. Even if I can't always offer advice, I've been told I'm quite good at cheering people up.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Tags: