Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Remember The Crystals? Part Two.  (Read 3698 times)

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
Remember The Crystals? Part Two.
« on: August 09, 2011, 08:26:18 pm »
Okay, so. All of you should remember a "question about a gem". I'm not posting because they're lost or broken this time! Promise! My problem is placement.

In the last two weeks, two separate people have found my wards and removed them. They've returned them to me promptly (without realizing that I was the one who put them there in the first place). And I've replaced them to where they were found. However, this is an (annoying) ongoing problem. I can't put them up too high because I can't get up too high and obviously, the places I have them now is insufficient and/or too busy at present to keep them there.

So, I was thinking, what if I change it from stones to something else? Or, I keep the stones, but move them somewhere else? Gah.

Suggestions. :cf: Any kind, would be helpful.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Remember The Crystals? Part Two.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 10:58:51 am »
Quote from: SatSekhem;11833

So, I was thinking, what if I change it from stones to something else? Or, I keep the stones, but move them somewhere else? Gah.

Suggestions. :cf: Any kind, would be helpful.

Okay, my first thought was to make a "potion" with some oils and the stones that are already charged. Maybe you could add some herbs or something too. Then use the potion to draw a symbol of some kind that will act as an invisible ward. This way, no one will see it or be able to remove it. I'd put the symbol on the wall so it doesn't get washed away when the floor gets cleaned.

If you make enough of it, you can refresh the wards whenever you feel them running out of juice.

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 03:24:57 pm »
Quote from: Catherine;11983
Okay, my first thought was to make a "potion" with some oils and the stones that are already charged. Maybe you could add some herbs or something too. Then use the potion to draw a symbol of some kind that will act as an invisible ward.

*points up at quoted text*

That seems like a great idea.  Be careful with the liquid at least the first time, though, since oils can stain all sorts of things, including painted walls.  I'd test it first on a small section of wall that is hidden by furniture or something like that.

I'm sorry -- I don't remember what kind of store you work in.  Is it a clothing store?  I'm just wondering because different settings might offer different ways of disguising or hiding the stone wards, as well as different limitations.

Maybe you need to consider putting the stones somewhere other than in the corners, if there is no way to conceal them in the corners.  Maybe try for the inside of each outer wall or simply north, south, east, and west.  Would those locations provide better hiding places?

Is there any way you could put the stones in small fabric drawstring bags and hang them behind furniture, inside cabinets and/or drawers, or under counters?

Can you think of any other kinds of objects you could use for the anchors that would not look out of place if someone finds them?  F'ex, maybe some kind of decoration (something like a ribbon, maybe?) or something normally found at your job site (like a clothes hanger, but marked somehow so you know which ones are the wards?).  That plan is very tricky, of course, because the anchors might be prone to being moved around by co-workers or customers.  

Maybe try using small pieces of paper with warding sigils?  Those could be folded into very small pieces and hidden pretty easily.  If you use paper, you could even tape it to the underside of a piece of furniture.  That would be a great hiding place.

If there really isn't anywhere safe to put the anchors, maybe you need to try a more personal shield.  You can use the same basic idea of anchoring the shield to the stones, but simply carry the stones on your body (maybe one in each pants pocket), so the shield moves with you.  Definitely not as good as shielding the whole area, but it should help protect you, at least.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.  I hope something works!

~ Aster
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Erinnightwalker

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://nightwalkinghedgehog.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 07:04:25 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;11833

Brainflash- if you have those ceiling tiles that aren't anchored (they lift up at a touch; I've always thought they looked like corkboard), just tuck the stones up in the ceiling wherever you want them. Anybody sees you, say you were fixing a tile that was a little wonky.
The Nightwalking Hedgehog
I make ceramic art and am currently taking commissions. Have dream altar ware you\'ve always wanted, or a statue for a deity or spirit that you could never find? PM or email me and I\'ll see what I can do ;)

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 07:10:09 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;12448

I work in a convenience store. My store is about the size of a postage stamp, but busy as hell. I like the piece of paper idea and I know that Aisling had recommended a calming mist in one of my last posts. I'm desperate: I got to do something to keep the limelight off of me long enough to get out.

I also don't mind the potion idea. I'll look into it!
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 03:53:03 am »
Quote from: SatSekhem;12479
I work in a convenience store. My store is about the size of a postage stamp, but busy as hell. I like the piece of paper idea and I know that Aisling had recommended a calming mist in one of my last posts. I'm desperate: I got to do something to keep the limelight off of me long enough to get out.

I also don't mind the potion idea. I'll look into it!

You could combine the paper and potion ideas.  Make a potion and use it to draw a ward on paper, then use the paper as anchor(s), either on your person or hidden somewhere in the store.  I love Erin's idea to tuck it into the dropped ceiling, if you have one.

Good luck!
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 11:11:38 am »
Quote from: Aster Breo;12448
*points up at quoted text*
That seems like a great idea.  Be careful with the liquid at least the first time, though, since oils can stain all sorts of things, including painted walls.  I'd test it first on a small section of wall that is hidden by furniture or something like that.

Good point. It wouldn't do much good to have the oils stain the wall in the shape of pentagram or something. That would certainly draw attention. Now that I'm thinking of it, fragrance could be an issue as well. Hmm, if you decide to go the potion route, maybe you should just make it out of olive oil, or something that doesn't have a strong scent.

Also, what about security cameras? Is someone in security going to wonder what the heck you're doing?

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 04:12:14 pm »
Quote from: Catherine;12594
Also, what about security cameras? Is someone in security going to wonder what the heck you're doing?

No because they thought it would be UBERCOOL to take the entire camera apparatus OUT OF MY STORE. :mad: I'm not even kidding. There is not one functional camera in my store. Talk about unsafe...
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 11:09:01 am »
Quote from: SatSekhem;12657
No because they thought it would be UBERCOOL to take the entire camera apparatus OUT OF MY STORE. :mad: I'm not even kidding. There is not one functional camera in my store. Talk about unsafe...

Wow, I don't even know what to say about that. I sincerely hope you never have to work the graveyard shift in that place. Out of curiosity, what was the reasoning behind that decision?

Anyway, I thought I'd mention a few other things I used to do in the work place, though they aren't as effective as long term wards.

When I sold cosmetics, I would clean the cases and counters every morning with intent. I would set up a kind of "drama free zone". It kept the backbiting, sale stealing, and general nastiness to a minimum. But, I had to do it every day. Sometimes twice a day, like after lunch or whatever.

Another trick I used, I'd keep a cup of water out that was "programed" to absorb negativity. At the end of the day, I'd get rid of it.

Like I said, not as effective as long term wards, but they might help you get by until you come up with a more permanent solution.  

Good luck. Your store sounds like a real nightmare.

Erinnightwalker

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://nightwalkinghedgehog.wordpress.com/
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 12:14:03 pm »
Quote from: Catherine;12797

Ooo! Ooo! Another brainflash! What about doing a bottle to trap crap? If you have a locker where you can hide it then no one will be able to get to it, and as long as its on the property it will do its job.
The Nightwalking Hedgehog
I make ceramic art and am currently taking commissions. Have dream altar ware you\'ve always wanted, or a statue for a deity or spirit that you could never find? PM or email me and I\'ll see what I can do ;)

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 01:33:01 pm »
Quote from: Catherine;12797
Wow, I don't even know what to say about that. I sincerely hope you never have to work the graveyard shift in that place. Out of curiosity, what was the reasoning behind that decision?

I honestly have no idea. I wasn't there when it happened, but it was the owner of the company's big decision.  

Quote from: Catherine

Good luck. Your store sounds like a real nightmare.

It really is a complete nightmare--literally. The horrible dreams I have on a nightly basis... *shudder*

I like the water idea. I'll give that a shot. And maybe the bottle thing. If I bring something into the store, no one touches it because they know that they will get a thousand lashes for moving things. I hate to say that I run that store with fear as a motivation, but it's the only thing that is working. :o
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

ccardinot

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 01:47:21 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;12832
I honestly have no idea. I wasn't there when it happened, but it was the owner of the company's big decision.  

It really is a complete nightmare--literally. The horrible dreams I have on a nightly basis... *shudder*

I like the water idea. I'll give that a shot. And maybe the bottle thing. If I bring something into the store, no one touches it because they know that they will get a thousand lashes for moving things. I hate to say that I run that store with fear as a motivation, but it's the only thing that is working. :o

Why not combine both suggestions: the water and the bottle? Try putting sea salt in a pinch of water inside a bottle and charge it fully to keep all harm away from you and your store, lock it inside your locker, if you have one, and, every day, when you get to work, charge it a bit more (charging is never too much), and go for your duties. That's how I'd do it.

Cheers!

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 11:57:15 am »
Quote from: ccardinot;43030
Why not combine both suggestions: the water and the bottle? Try putting sea salt in a pinch of water inside a bottle and charge it fully to keep all harm away from you and your store, lock it inside your locker, if you have one, and, every day, when you get to work, charge it a bit more (charging is never too much), and go for your duties. That's how I'd do it.

Cheers!

I would have, except that the company fired me about a week after this post. ^.^ Thanks for the recommendation anyway.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 09:59:25 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;43314
I would have, except that the company fired me about a week after this post. ^.^ Thanks for the recommendation anyway.

Their loss! was my first response when I read your post.  I am so sorry to hear your news.  You know how the old saying goes "as one door closes....".  You'll find employment in an environment which appreciates you, I'm sure.

I've followed your thread and picked up lots of useful tips that I've sneakily utilised in my workplace, and have noticed positive results, such as cash tallying with till reports, as well as people getting along without the usual back-stabbing.  Thank you, and good wishes for the future.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 11:59:49 am »
Quote from: stitchinwith;43396
Their loss! was my first response when I read your post.  I am so sorry to hear your news.  You know how the old saying goes "as one door closes....".  You'll find employment in an environment which appreciates you, I'm sure.

Thank you! I definitely appreciate the positive words. It's really difficult for me to actively look for a new job when I feel like I failed somehow. Even though I know that they fired me for a BS reason (they claimed I was a "bully"), it's like I have this disease or something. Most of the jobs that I applied for of similar line never called me back.

Quote from: stitchinwith
I've followed your thread and picked up lots of useful tips that I've sneakily utilised in my workplace, and have noticed positive results, such as cash tallying with till reports, as well as people getting along without the usual back-stabbing.  Thank you, and good wishes for the future.

I'm glad that they're working out for you! If/When I ever get back into the type of job that I had, I'll DEFINITELY be utilizing the suggestions.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

Tags: