collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Health: Period Woes and Weirdness Ranting and Commiseration thread  (Read 15706 times)

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: Period Woes and Weirdness Ranting and Commiseration thread
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2014, 02:49:49 am »
Quote from: savvy;145983
Mine isn't so much a sneak attack. I have had particularly bad breast pain before actually starting to spot this time. Just bumping them hurts. Now awaiting the arrival of cramps.

Oooh, yes. It's weird, but I've never met another person who has that problem too. I apparently have cystic breasts and the cysts decide they want to kill me when I'm at least two weeks away from Shark Week. The way I like to sit (pretty much folded up) when writing or doing other computer-y tasks doesn't help either. :eek: Have you been able to find any relief for this at all?
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2014, 06:39:32 am »
Quote from: savvy;145983
Mine isn't so much a sneak attack. I have had particularly bad breast pain before actually starting to spot this time. Just bumping them hurts. Now awaiting the arrival of cramps.

Quote from: HarpingHawke;146014
Oooh, yes. It's weird, but I've never met another person who has that problem too. I apparently have cystic breasts and the cysts decide they want to kill me when I'm at least two weeks away from Shark Week. The way I like to sit (pretty much folded up) when writing or doing other computer-y tasks doesn't help either. :eek: Have you been able to find any relief for this at all?

I have this too :(
My right breast has had cysts in the side of it since I was a teenager. Most of the month it doesn't bother me but around my period they get 'harder' and and bit swollen- last period I had a fair amount of pain from them.
The thing I found to help was to leave my bra off at home to be honest because the bars can be uncomfortable during the swelling. I've only a small chest too so I think that doesn't help.
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2014, 01:17:37 pm »
Quote from: Cág;146021
I have this too :(
My right breast has had cysts in the side of it since I was a teenager. Most of the month it doesn't bother me but around my period they get 'harder' and and bit swollen- last period I had a fair amount of pain from them.
The thing I found to help was to leave my bra off at home to be honest because the bars can be uncomfortable during the swelling. I've only a small chest too so I think that doesn't help.

I just wanted to hang this here. I drank this smoothie through my last period, and the extra calcium and iron meant I had NO cramps (usually I lose at least one day to them) and almost no fatigue. (Please note that this is a DRINK, not a meal, especially not during your period when your calorie and protein needs are higher than usual.) And unlike most of the "healthy smoothie" recipes out there, it doesn't have milk products or anything that (in this area) is particularly expensive or hard to find. Just make sure you strain it, because it's a bit chewy if you don't. Also, instead of using the English cucumbers that are $2 each in my area, I got a six-pack of Persian cucumbers from Trader Joe's for $1.99 and used two cucumbers per batch of juice, which made it significantly less expensive.

http://www.health.com/health/recipe/0,,50400000118659,00.html
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: goddess worship grey, folk magick, hoodoo inspired.
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2014, 02:38:19 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;145957
You may want to double check that, with the new health care regulations.

Maybe I will but with my experiences with the pill, I'm a bit worried a IUD or minera ring won't be any better.
PrincessKLS

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2014, 03:32:40 pm »
Quote from: PrincessKLS;146057
Maybe I will but with my experiences with the pill, I'm a bit worried a IUD or minera ring won't be any better.

Mirena is an IUD. Did you mean NuvaRing?

Here's some information on it. But I hear you--I can't do the hormonal BC of any kind either.

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-are-my-birth-control-benefits/
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2014, 04:01:16 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;146051
I just wanted to hang this here. I drank this smoothie through my last period, and the extra calcium and iron meant I had NO cramps (usually I lose at least one day to them) and almost no fatigue. (Please note that this is a DRINK, not a meal, especially not during your period when your calorie and protein needs are higher than usual.) And unlike most of the "healthy smoothie" recipes out there, it doesn't have milk products or anything that (in this area) is particularly expensive or hard to find. Just make sure you strain it, because it's a bit chewy if you don't. Also, instead of using the English cucumbers that are $2 each in my area, I got a six-pack of Persian cucumbers from Trader Joe's for $1.99 and used two cucumbers per batch of juice, which made it significantly less expensive.

http://www.health.com/health/recipe/0,,50400000118659,00.html

Oh that's fantastic! :D I'll definitely be trying that.
I also have a friend who's pregnant and sensitive to dairy so it might be good for her too. Thank you! :)
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2014, 02:13:39 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;146051

That sounds awesome! I'll definitely be trying it out later. :D:
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

PrincessKLS

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: goddess worship grey, folk magick, hoodoo inspired.
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2014, 05:31:06 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;146062
Mirena is an IUD. Did you mean NuvaRing?

Here's some information on it. But I hear you--I can't do the hormonal BC of any kind either.

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-are-my-birth-control-benefits/

Okay thanks. My next drs appoint is in July.
PrincessKLS

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2014, 06:31:23 pm »
Quote from: Morag;126921
Also this morning I woke up to a horror movie between my legs. A horror movie that was a day late.

So it's been a while since I posted here, mainly because in December I started taking Depo. And Depo was like "oh hey do you want me to take care of that horrible thing you have to deal with every month and make it, like, every 2 months, and very light?" and I was like "why yes, Depo, thank you, I think we shall be very good friends."

Yeah, well, Depo has stabbed me in the back, because guess what's back this month? THE HORROR MOVIE! And guess how great the timing is? NOT GREAT AT ALL

I'm stuck in a recliner, unable to use pads or tampons and restricted to panty liners, I'm cramping all the time, getting to the bathroom is now more painful than it was before, I can't shower on a daily basis, I'm now weak from blood loss when I need extra strength to maneuver with only one working leg, and I just. REALLY? REALLY, BODY? YOU THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE SMART?

oh and this thing has been going on for like 7+ days now, so there's that too. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

thanks a lot, uterus. and thanks a lot, Depo. i thought we were friends.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2014, 07:02:52 pm »
Quote from: Morag;154041
So it's been a while since I posted here, mainly because in December I started taking Depo. And Depo was like "oh hey do you want me to take care of that horrible thing you have to deal with every month and make it, like, every 2 months, and very light?" and I was like "why yes, Depo, thank you, I think we shall be very good friends."

Yeah, well, Depo has stabbed me in the back, because guess what's back this month? THE HORROR MOVIE! And guess how great the timing is? NOT GREAT AT ALL

I'm stuck in a recliner, unable to use pads or tampons and restricted to panty liners, I'm cramping all the time, getting to the bathroom is now more painful than it was before, I can't shower on a daily basis, I'm now weak from blood loss when I need extra strength to maneuver with only one working leg, and I just. REALLY? REALLY, BODY? YOU THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE SMART?

oh and this thing has been going on for like 7+ days now, so there's that too. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

thanks a lot, uterus. and thanks a lot, Depo. i thought we were friends.

Depo was the worst for me. Sure it stopped my period, but once I was off it it was like my body had all the missed periods at once. I'm talking like a month long period.

Anyways, Shark Week is hell. I have insomnia, I have zero impulse control, my emotions are all over the place. I'm glad this thread popped up actually, because now I can mention that my Crisis of Faith thread was posted while I was smack dab in the middle of of that, for example. :o
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 07:03:37 pm by Juniperberry »
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

Tay Redgrave

• Journeyman
  • Devil May Cry's a rockin'
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan (Heathen/Druid)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2014, 12:26:20 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;154045

Anyways, Shark Week is hell. I have insomnia, I have zero impulse control, my emotions are all over the place. I'm glad this thread popped up actually, because now I can mention that my Crisis of Faith thread was posted while I was smack dab in the middle of of that, for example. :o

I have that problem sometimes, too. :x Either that or I get really panicky about faith usually right before or during it. On the first few days I feel like I'm on another plane (and a part of me is like "I wonder what would happen if I tried to get to another plane while feeling like I'm on another plane?") and just... out of sync with the world.

Mine was so nice and calm this morning until I hit the bathroom and now it's just... cramps. Why this. Why now. :mad:

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2014, 12:46:44 pm »
Quote from: LuciferaRose;155581
I have that problem sometimes, too. :x Either that or I get really panicky about faith usually right before or during it. On the first few days I feel like I'm on another plane (and a part of me is like "I wonder what would happen if I tried to get to another plane while feeling like I'm on another plane?") and just... out of sync with the world.

Mine was so nice and calm this morning until I hit the bathroom and now it's just... cramps. Why this. Why now. :mad:

I got an IUD back in June, and apparently severe cramps and heavy spotting/very light flow is normal for the first. three. months. So rather than expecting pain and blood once a month like I have for the past decade, it happens randomly on any given day. Apparently my uterus is trying to turn itself inside out to get rid of the foreign body.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

mandrina

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2014, 07:20:47 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;155585
I got an IUD back in June, and apparently severe cramps and heavy spotting/very light flow is normal for the first. three. months. So rather than expecting pain and blood once a month like I have for the past decade, it happens randomly on any given day. Apparently my uterus is trying to turn itself inside out to get rid of the foreign body.

(rant)  I'm at that stage where you get a period once a year,  with the years worth of cramps and blood over the usual time period.  The only good thing about it is that the end is a little nearer.
Katrina

"I have a bad feeling about this."  Every good guy in the Star Wars saga, and an occasional bad guy as well.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2014, 05:12:22 am »
Quote from: mandrina;155613
(rant)  I'm at that stage where you get a period once a year,  with the years worth of cramps and blood over the usual time period.  The only good thing about it is that the end is a little nearer.

Possibly much nearer, since for most, the 'once a year' stage just means one or two instances of, 'Ohh, coming up on that one-year-withou... DAMN!'

YMMV, of course, because bodies.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2014, 01:19:20 am »
Quote from: missgraceless;155585

Yeah. Mine did that too.:eek: And since I had a lovely case of endometriosis built up from not menstruating for 4 months, I....menstruated for 2 months straight. Lovely. Smelled like I had a dead animal in my vagina. Got a bacterial infection. Kind of stands the Wiccishy obsession with "wise-blood" on its head?
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Tags: