Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Ghost Experience? Just Out of Curiosity...  (Read 9540 times)

AthenaiiseSofia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://finnblack.blogspot.com/
Ghost Experience? Just Out of Curiosity...
« on: August 03, 2011, 09:13:02 pm »
Okay, I'm just going to ask this question that has been dying to come out. Has anyone here got a ghost experience they would like to share? I've had an experience or two myself, and have gone through the I'm nuts/ maybe I'm not nuts/ I'm accepting my insanity now ordeal. I also love hearing these stories! So please, share!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:31:59 am by RandallS »
"Go then and make of the world something beautiful, set up a light in the darkness." - from Awakening Osiris by Normandi Ellis

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Just Out of Curiosity...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 04:32:52 am »
Quote from: Nuri;10498
Okay, I'm just going to ask this question that has been dying to come out. Has anyone here got a ghost experience they would like to share? I've had an experience or two myself, and have gone through the I'm nuts/ maybe I'm not nuts/ I'm accepting my insanity now ordeal. I also love hearing these stories! So please, share!

Hmm. I was originally going to say yes, but then I thought... I'm not really sure if I would call them "ghost experiences". In most cases, they were dreams, or ... well that's a weird story, but I would file it under some sort of strange attraction to seeing the grave of a dead relative.

I think the only one that would be what you were asking after (if I understood your intent properly!) was my mother walking through the house and getting a strong wiff of her grandmother's perfume, something she hadn't smelled in years (no one in this house wears that scent). The only object that she owned of her's that had that scent was in a plastic bag in a closet. What it meant, however, is up for debate. A sign to let us know grandma was watching over us? Her actual presence in the house? Or perhaps some sort of "trail"? /shrug/
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

AthenaiiseSofia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 10:59:31 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;11099
What it meant, however, is up for debate. A sign to let us know grandma was watching over us? Her actual presence in the house? Or perhaps some sort of "trail"? /shrug/

This kind of thing always interests me. I've never had a smell thing like this happen to me, but it's still alluring! Did anyone else in the house smell her perfume?
"Go then and make of the world something beautiful, set up a light in the darkness." - from Awakening Osiris by Normandi Ellis

faefawn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dear-sweetlings.com
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 02:34:55 pm »

I've had quite a few experiences with ghosts, my fathers side of the family work with the other side quite a bit and I think the ability to see/hear/sense them comes down from there.

In a period between 14 and 18 I had a boyfriend who really seemed to attract the dark stuff. He had the ability to see/hear ghosts as well, it was something that drew us together in the first place and I have to say it was a REALLY unhealthy aspect of our relationship. I'd say around 50 - 75% of our relationship revolved around the dead, communicating with them, me channeling, and a lot of the times he seemed to want to communicate with them, wanted to draw them in etc. It was awful, but it's taught me a LOT about defending myself and what I do and don't want to be involved in.

One experience I had, which is possibly the worst experience I've ever had with a ghost, was one time near Christmas when I was 14. My ex had been having a lot of problems with ghosts but he also didn't care about them and he egged them on a lot I think, almost daring them to do something. I'm not proud of that and I didn't engage in it, but I didn't stop it. I was young and foolish, that's all I can say for it.
Anyhow I remember this one night, I don't think I'll ever forget it. There was something hanging around in the house and it was pissed off, really pissed. I think my ex had been ignoring it, there had been a steady succession of spirits turning up and basically trying to scare him (and by extension me, though they seemed less interested in me). One night we went into his living room, I remember we were looking in this mirror and then I think he said 'he's here' and we just ran back into his bedroom. I got the sense the spirit was standing in this other room which joined the lounge, there was no wall but I didn't turn round to look (that I remember).

I then remember that we were sat on his bed and we were thinking about leaving but it was almost like we couldn't. At the time it was like there was a ward on the door, though the memory is shaky now. So anyhow we went to sleep.
The next thing I know was I was being shaken awake by my ex who was crying and screaming, pointing at the corner of the room and just screaming 'he's here!' over and over again. The air in the room just seemed to be shaking and dark and I can remember this sort of pulsing thing in one of the corners, though I don't think I ever saw a person there. We were both screaming and just backing into the wall, terrified and glued to the spot. Eventually one of us managed to get up and scramble to the bedroom door and get out into the hall.
My exes parents came running down the stairs, it turned out they had heard the commotion and us screaming as well and both his parents, including his dad who always denied anything ghostly, had heard this bellowing sound that seemed to go around the whole house.
We slept in their room that night (slept is really a strong word), the next day we went into his room again and it was like the air was ripped and torn. I don't know how to describe it, but it was so desolate.
We had a lot of problems after that, my ex was sort of going into a downward spiral mentally at that time (I realised this in hindsight) and I think this just set him off so badly. It was a horrible time.

Another instance I can remember was in my parents house, it was in the same sort of timeline of events in which I wasn't properly protecting myself. There was a family in my house who had died, a little girl who was actually very sweet and used to come and sit in my room, or she would play the flute in our utility room which I could hear through the house. She also had a little brother who was quite quiet, I think he was quite traumatised.
The mother was the main problem in this family, though I have to say she was also highly traumatised (which, I got the impression, came from the father who was only there once I think), I had a few experiences with her. One time I heard animals walking around in the hallway and I went into the living room, which leads into the kitchen. Suddenly I saw this dog on the sofa, but it was covered in blood. Then I realised the woman was in the kitchen, blood covering her from her hands up to her elbows, laughing. I ran like hell back into my room and then later went down to sit with my nana.
Another instance with her was that one night I was in bed and I woke up suddenly. I used to do this a lot anyway, I was a very nervous sleeper at this point in my life (3 guesses why :p). I used to sleep with my door open and this night I could tell there was something there, but it was in the bathroom which was across the hall. I got this impression (I don't think I saw her, it was literally a mental impression) of her standing in the bathroom over the sink with her shirt showing her back which had long scars on it, like she had been burnt. Then I sensed her come out of the bathroom and I closed my eyes and just kept them closed.
She came into my room and then, I don't know if she touched me or what but it was an absolutely horrible feeling, ran through my whole body. When I finally opened my eyes again she was standing beside my bed, looking away and crying.
After that I stopped communicating with her daughter, I felt sad but I had to. I also felt sad for this lady, I know she must have had a really horrendous past, but I had to drive the whole family out and now allow them to communicate with me anymore.

Nowadays I still have the abilities but I rarely use them, I'm not particularly comfortable or happy to communicate with the spirit world. It took me a long and hard journey to learn to protect myself and I expect I'm a super cautious person in that regard because of it. I'm happy to use divination and work with gods and goddesses however, I completely seperate those realms.

Sorry for the ramble!

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 04:49:12 pm »
Quote from: Nuri;11158
This kind of thing always interests me. I've never had a smell thing like this happen to me, but it's still alluring! Did anyone else in the house smell her perfume?

Hmm. From what I recall no, no one else smelled it.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

EJay

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 07:24:11 am »

I've had a few--some not very nice--but my favorite was my ghost kitty.

I'd be in bed and I'd feel that kneading that kitties so love to do and I thought it was our cat, Bob.  So I'd sit up to shoo Bob off the bed and there was no kitty there.  This happened quite often.  Never saw the kitty, but think it was probably my hubby's kitty.

I've got some other ghost stories that aren't so nice.  Where we lived, as cliche as it sounds, was on tribal Indian ground, which included burial grounds.  Every so often, when the wind and waves were high, skeletons would get uncovered on the beach.

There's even a whole chapter in a book dedicated to the ghost stories where I lived.

I don't think most of my experiences are because of the Native Americans who died where I lived; I do think there are spirits who are drawn to the energy created by strong tragedies--and I think it's these beings that gave me my more negative "ghost" encounters.

Ghosts (and it's a matter of definition) are pretty benign, I think--but many spirits are not!  I feel that those spirits that are drawn to tragedy sites feed on it and like to create more of it.

So I don't think you're nuts.  Not every weird thing that happens is a because of a ghost, but I've had enough weird things happen that I can only attribute them to ghosts (or spirits).

Best~
EJay
If you understand, things are just as they are.  If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Experience? Just Out of Curiosity...
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 08:46:11 am »
.. So please, share!

The craziest one for me occured while I was stationed in Scotland.  I arrived in Scotland in early 1979 for my first over-seas duty assignment.  The events which I shall describe occured within the first week I was there.

One night I awoke and my attention was pulled to a corner of the room.  Standing there was a Scotish Highlander in Kilt with a long sword (Kalibar I think) point down to the ground.  He just looked at me and sort of smiled but never made any movement or sound.  Not sure just how long I laid there and watched him before I drifted back off to sleep.  Needless to say when I awoke the next morning I had some serious doubts and such about what I had seen or though I had seen.

A couple of days later I again awoke in the night.  This time my room was pitch black and again I saw that same figure in the corner of my room.  Only as I looked it was not the same person but another in highland garb with kilt and sword.  I tried to crawl backwards through my bed as I watched him pull his sword and start coming at me.

I am not sure if I heard it out loud or in my mind but he was going to kill me and said as much.

Still trying to go through my bed I suddenly experienced a really cold spot that either I passed through or it passed through and over me.  Either way I was looking at the backside of another highlander and watched as sparks flew from the colliding swords and could hear the ring of metal upon metal.  As the one from the corner keep trying to side step the new one shifted to engage him and keep him away from me.

At one point he pushed the first one back and he fell.  He then turnt to me and gave me that same little smile and I knew he was the one that showed up that first night.  Again I don't know if I heard it outloud or just in my mind but he clearly spoke and said "Go back to sleep for I shall not fail again!"  Never really understood what he ment by that though other's said its probably a debt to my family line as part hailed from the highlands and Hebrides Islands.

I never saw him again though other's remarked about the man they often saw near me.  After I was married he seemed to watch over my wife and sons more than looking out for me.

Perhaps a side note to the story but through out my entire military career (23 years) I tried to get orders back to Scotland.  Never was able to do so as something always stopped it at the last minute and ensured I would not go back.  One person I knew swore it was that same highlander, doing it to protect my life and keep me out of danger.

That was not the only encouter with the spirit world I've had but it was definatley the most unusual of them.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:48:25 am by monsnoleedra »

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 09:38:29 am »

I've had a lot of experiences with the spirit world too. I've had nice and nasty ones. But I know how to protect myself better these days.

This instance is a visitation from a little boy, who has visited us on and off for 10 years.

When I moved in with my husband (then boyfriend) and his kids, he told me there was a little boy spirit who often visited. Apparently he liked the kids. He'd seen him a few times, the kids had too, he was 4 or 5 and had blonde hair. I was a little nervous because I hadn't come across any "nice" spirits before that time.

Soon enough, one night we were sitting on the couch and we heard little footsteps running down the hall. We looked at each other and I said "what is Ayden doing up?" (Ayden was four at the time and it sounded just like him).  My hubby looked at me and said "that wasn't Ayden". I had my back to the hallway and I felt someone approach from behind and then a little finger poked me on my shoulder... I didn't turn around :o

Over the years this little boy has visited every now and then. He'd play little tricks like turning on lights or opening the door, or rolling a ball down the hall. When my daughter was born he used to turn on the musical mobile. When my kids were older they began mentioning the little boy called "Luke". I soon learnt to recognise his presence and could tell when he was hyping the kids up at bedtime and I would have to tell him to let the kids sleep. I always got the impression he listened to me because I was a mum.

I think he grew fond of our family and that's the reason for his visits.
Guided be the hand and mind
[/FONT]

AthenaiiseSofia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 10:42:40 am »
Quote from: faefawn;11208
I've had quite a few experiences with ghosts, my fathers side of the family work with the other side quite a bit and I think the ability to see/hear/sense them comes down from there...Sorry for the ramble!

That is all very interesting, and kinda creepy! It's a good thing all you got was scared! I'm not very familiar with channeling, I'll have to look it up. I had a bf who was into that stuff, too, but sometimes I thought he was faking it just to impress me. He stayed with me in my last house in TN and there was alittle girl spirit we named Madison. Her prescence was never really negative, but she scared everyone simply because she was so active. Poor thing. I used to put salt in the doorways so she wouldn't bother us in our sleep. Thank you for sharing!

AthenaiiseSofia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 10:45:35 am »
Quote from: EJay;11658
I've had a few...So I don't think you're nuts.  Not every weird thing that happens is a because of a ghost, but I've had enough weird things happen that I can only attribute them to ghosts (or spirits).

Best~
EJay

Spirits is a nicer word to explain these things, thank you haha. I've never heard anyone having a kitty spirit! Thank you for sharing. =)

AthenaiiseSofia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 10:48:16 am »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;11665
The craziest one for me occured while I was stationed in Scotland.  I arrived in Scotland in early 1979 for my first over-seas duty assignment.  The events which I shall describe occured within the first week I was there.

One night I awoke and my attention was pulled to a corner of the room.  Standing there was a Scotish Highlander in Kilt with a long sword (Kalibar I think) point down to the ground.  He just looked at me and sort of smiled but never made any movement or sound.  Not sure just how long I laid there and watched him before I drifted back off to sleep.  Needless to say when I awoke the next morning I had some serious doubts and such about what I had seen or though I had seen.

A couple of days later I again awoke in the night.  This time my room was pitch black and again I saw that same figure in the corner of my room.  Only as I looked it was not the same person but another in highland garb with kilt and sword.  I tried to crawl backwards through my bed as I watched him pull his sword and start coming at me.

I am not sure if I heard it out loud or in my mind but he was going to kill me and said as much.

Still trying to go through my bed I suddenly experienced a really cold spot that either I passed through or it passed through and over me.  Either way I was looking at the backside of another highlander and watched as sparks flew from the colliding swords and could hear the ring of metal upon metal.  As the one from the corner keep trying to side step the new one shifted to engage him and keep him away from me.

At one point he pushed the first one back and he fell.  He then turnt to me and gave me that same little smile and I knew he was the one that showed up that first night.  Again I don't know if I heard it outloud or just in my mind but he clearly spoke and said "Go back to sleep for I shall not fail again!"  Never really understood what he ment by that though other's said its probably a debt to my family line as part hailed from the highlands and Hebrides Islands.

I never saw him again though other's remarked about the man they often saw near me.  After I was married he seemed to watch over my wife and sons more than looking out for me.

Perhaps a side note to the story but through out my entire military career (23 years) I tried to get orders back to Scotland.  Never was able to do so as something always stopped it at the last minute and ensured I would not go back.  One person I knew swore it was that same highlander, doing it to protect my life and keep me out of danger.

That was not the only encouter with the spirit world I've had but it was definatley the most unusual of them.

All I can say is.. wow! I've only ever seen one "apparition" or spirit, and it was a military person. (I live on a military base, and it wasn't my dad... I was the only one home) I think I might pee myself if I saw what you saw! But that's pretty interesting that the Highlander wanted to protect you... very interesting. =)

AthenaiiseSofia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 10:51:13 am »
Quote from: Arcadia;11668
I've had a lot of experiences with the spirit world too. I've had nice and nasty ones. But I know how to protect myself better these days.
I think he grew fond of our family and that's the reason for his visits.

Sounds like my Madison! Like I said in an earlier reply, she was mostly just mischievious and innocent. But boy, did she scare us sometimes! She liked to move things around, cause I'm a bit of a neat freak. But if I asked her to please stop, she usually did. So does Luke still visit you all?

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 11:12:13 am »
Quote from: Nuri;11683
All I can say is.. wow! I've only ever seen one "apparition" or spirit, and it was a military person. (I live on a military base, and it wasn't my dad... I was the only one home) I think I might pee myself if I saw what you saw! But that's pretty interesting that the Highlander wanted to protect you... very interesting. =)

Ironically I suppose for me its always almost full apparitions.  I saw a woman in Glamis Castle in Scotland and though she looked a bit out of place.  I saw her in the old chapel as we entered but she was gone when I looked back so figured she had left through another entrance.  The guide then started talking about the GREY LADY of GLAMIS who was burnt at the stake and had sought refuge in the chapel before her execution.  Never was sure if it was her but I suspect it was.

Was at a friends house off base when I became entranced by this gentleman coming down the hallway.  The only way I could describe him was as a calvalier with his feathered hat and clothes he was wearing.  I went to say something to my friend and his wife and they just laughed and said you've just seen our swordsman.

While the one in Scotland with the Highlander is the strangst to me I suppose the most influencing one occured when I was a teenager.  I was walking down a railroad track when I started to walk up the road that ran beside it.  An elderly gentleman came up to me and we talked for a moment when he told me I didn't want to go that way but should cut across the tracks and go up through the orchard.

I did cut across the orchard and the next day heard there was a bad wreck that occured on the stretch of road I would have been walking and about the time I would have been on it.  Many years later I was looking in a family photo album and saw a picture of the old man who I spoke to that night.  I asked my mother about him and told her what happened but she said that was impossible for he was my uncle and had died the day I was born.  Yet she said the things I said about him matched exactly how he was and spoke.

I do know, for me anyway, the more I pushed into the occult the more frequent things became and the more things I saw and have seen over the years.  When my interest was high I saw lots of things, when it wained so to did the sightings or encounters.

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 11:38:32 am »
Quote from: Nuri;11684
Sounds like my Madison! Like I said in an earlier reply, she was mostly just mischievious and innocent. But boy, did she scare us sometimes! She liked to move things around, cause I'm a bit of a neat freak. But if I asked her to please stop, she usually did. So does Luke still visit you all?

Mischievous fits perfectly lol. He does still visit, but not as often as he used to.
[/FONT]

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 11:41:30 am »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;11688
I do know, for me anyway, the more I pushed into the occult the more frequent things became and the more things I saw and have seen over the years.  When my interest was high I saw lots of things, when it wained so to did the sightings or encounters.

*This* I find it to be the same for me. Something to do with being open to it I guess.
[/FONT]

Tags: