Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Auras: Seeing and Sensing  (Read 3521 times)

Huginn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Auras: Seeing and Sensing
« on: July 24, 2013, 09:25:22 pm »
Hey all, this was kind of born out of my last topic on scrying. My question is this: how do people perceive auras? Are they truly visible fields of colored lights? Are they more clairvoyant projections from the mind? One can, allegedly, decipher a considerable amount of information from an aura. Is this by actually seeing the colors, or is it more intuitive like scrying?

If I do that "soft gaze" thing that every book on the subject seems to talk about, I "see" a kind of haze around someone. But that could frankly be nothing, and there are no colors anyways.

I'd appreciate any answers you all could share!

Thanks!

Ginko

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Auras: Seeing and Sensing
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:57:26 am »
Quote from: Huginn;116690
Hey all, this was kind of born out of my last topic on scrying. My question is this: how do people perceive auras? Are they truly visible fields of colored lights? Are they more clairvoyant projections from the mind? One can, allegedly, decipher a considerable amount of information from an aura. Is this by actually seeing the colors, or is it more intuitive like scrying?

If I do that "soft gaze" thing that every book on the subject seems to talk about, I "see" a kind of haze around someone. But that could frankly be nothing, and there are no colors anyways.

Thanks!

I don't know about others, but I definitely see colors.

If someone is in front of a white or black background it can help enhance the colors when you are first starting, at least it did me.

In fact, when I was in HS and college, I had to be careful because I could get sucked into watching the colors, zone out completely, and miss the lecture.  The 'soft gaze' thing is an apt description.  I would very consciously have to focus on the lecturer to not see the colors.
Ginko

Huginn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 10:15:43 am »
Quote from: Ginko;116769

If someone is in front of a white or black background it can help enhance the colors when you are first starting, at least it did me.

In fact, when I was in HS and college, I had to be careful because I could get sucked into watching the colors, zone out completely, and miss the lecture.  The 'soft gaze' thing is an apt description.  I would very consciously have to focus on the lecturer to not see the colors.

That's really interesting! Did it take a lot of practice to get to that point?

Huginn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 10:29:11 am »

Also, thank you for the reply!

PetitAlbert

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 11:53:25 am »

This has always been my problem. It's lead me to believe that - at best - I am unable to read auras, as I am unable to see them; and they are in my "very skeptical about" list.

I think it's necessary for any supernatural practicioner to keep such lists - there are so many different disciplines and beliefs, from indigo children, to aromatherapy, to UFOs and bigfoot, to energy, to gods - and so on. Part of forging a decent practice is
discerning for yourself which you believe and which you don't. Perhaps auras just aren't your thing.
"We all have something to learn, and something to teach."
30 Days of Magic: take the challenge now!

Petit Albert: This witch\'s blog
Book of Protective Magic by Albert - free 20 page bookzine download

Ginko

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 08:19:15 pm »
Quote from: Huginn;116771
That's really interesting! Did it take a lot of practice to get to that point?

I honestly don't remember.  When I think back it was almost 30 years ago!  I do remember learning to do it in a workshop setting, but don't remember who the instructor was.  It was most likely an intensive weekend as that was the most common period of time for the events I attended.  Perhaps the being young and devoid of many preconceptions helped me to get it relatively quickly?
Ginko

Huginn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 07:38:44 am »
Quote from: Ginko;116827
I honestly don't remember.  When I think back it was almost 30 years ago!  I do remember learning to do it in a workshop setting, but don't remember who the instructor was.  It was most likely an intensive weekend as that was the most common period of time for the events I attended.  Perhaps the being young and devoid of many preconceptions helped me to get it relatively quickly?

Wow, thank you both for your inputs! I appreciate it! I do plan to keep working with it, and maybe it'll "click" at some point.  Any other ideas would be welcome too!

Ginko

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 07:10:16 pm »
Quote from: Huginn;116865
Wow, thank you both for your inputs! I appreciate it! I do plan to keep working with it, and maybe it'll "click" at some point.  Any other ideas would be welcome too!

Perhaps hanging out somewhere quiet, but with people around that you can 'stare at' without seeming too strange?  The Library?

Unless you have some friends that would be willing to be Guinea Pigs.:D:
Ginko

Huginn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 12:31:33 pm »
Quote from: Ginko;116908
Perhaps hanging out somewhere quiet, but with people around that you can 'stare at' without seeming too strange?  The Library?

Unless you have some friends that would be willing to be Guinea Pigs.:D:

Haha, give new meaning to the phrase "people watching." Sounds like a good idea to me.  Again, thanks for the advice.

Ginko

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 12:32:53 am »
Quote from: Huginn;117049
Haha, give new meaning to the phrase "people watching." Sounds like a good idea to me.  Again, thanks for the advice.

Best of luck!
Ginko

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 03:12:11 pm »
In fact, when I was in HS and college, I had to be careful because I could get sucked into watching the colors, zone out completely, and miss the lecture.

This used to happen to me. I went to an eye doctor because I thought I was having a physical problem. :whis: I learnt some time later that those "lights" I was seeing were auras.
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

Huginn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 07:12:53 pm »
Quote from: Ginko;117133
Best of luck!

Thanks! I'm doing the same thing as when I try to "see" energy (ie see the edge of a circle, or a pentagram you've drawn) because I do see those, sort of. And I definitely "feel" them. I think it's a matter of developing the skill, personally.

Thanks to everyone for your input and advice!

Ginko

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 10:27:24 pm »
Quote from: IceAngie;117164
This used to happen to me. I went to an eye doctor because I thought I was having a physical problem. :whis: I learnt some time later that those "lights" I was seeing were auras.

Oh my!  I would have gone to a doctor too if I hadn't had prior knowledge about auras.  Glad that you are now in the know.
Ginko

Ihexia_Rihdan

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 10:02:47 pm »

Thanks!

I often see colors and my best friend and I have had extensive discussions (and even experiments with college friends :P) on this. We have come to the theory that no two people perceive the auras the same way. Some may have similar perceptions but I believe that is based on whether they had other aura seers around them and auras were something talked frequently about. Everyone will see something differently from another person because every person will look at the same person differently.

windmote

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 12:43:16 am »

Thanks!

I haven't done too many exercises in trying to see auras (I'm in college still, my day to day schedule is pretty varied, so it's hard to develop many habits) but I always have the same results with that sort of "soft gaze" method where you look off to the side or something.  To me it seems like some of the edges are blurred, and I kept being under the impression that it was just because my eyes weren't focusing on anything I was trying to read an aura off of.  In other words, it didn't seem to work.

I had doubts, and I even wondered for awhile if maybe people who saw auras were experiencing a placebo effect.  And then I had an incident with this most recent Samhain.  I was with my coven, we were holding ritual, and I noticed that there was a perfect circle around the candles.  And I mean the circle of light, but instead of the edges being blurred like they usually are, there was a very definite line.  I blinked, looked away and looked back, focused and unfocused my eyes, what have you.  But those circles remained.  According to some of the other members, I was seeing the auras of the candles.  

I'll leave judgement up to you, I'm still basically a beginner so for all I know I could be speaking nonsense.  But it seemed pretty legit to me.  Now if only I knew how to do that again.  There wasn't really anything different about my mindset, I think the only thing that was unusual was what day it was.

Tags: