collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: How do YOU sense energy?  (Read 4894 times)

Night Owl

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
How do YOU sense energy?
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:13:06 am »
I'm really not sure where this topic goes, so if I have put it in the wrong place, sorry.

I know some people visualize it as something they see, and some people visualize it as something they hear, but how do YOU sense it?

For me (This is probably really weird), I feel it. In my brain. I can compare it to when I eat a lot of sugar and I have an uncomfortable feeling in my brain area, idk. Like a buzzing. Energy feels a bit like that, except not uncomfortable.

How do you sense energy?
Or, if it isn't normal to do this and I'm imagining it then please tell me.

Thank you!

PhantomQueen

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: How do YOU sense energy?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 01:11:07 pm »
Quote from: Night Owl;114951
I'm really not sure where this topic goes, so if I have put it in the wrong place, sorry.

I know some people visualize it as something they see, and some people visualize it as something they hear, but how do YOU sense it?

For me (This is probably really weird), I feel it. In my brain. I can compare it to when I eat a lot of sugar and I have an uncomfortable feeling in my brain area, idk. Like a buzzing. Energy feels a bit like that, except not uncomfortable.

How do you sense energy?

Thank you!

For me, I see an aura of sorts around a person.  It's like hwen you're in a public pool that's highly chlorinated and you look up at the lights to see an aura around them. The brightness or murkiness is a sign for me as to the person's health.  Also, when there are alot of people around and get into my space, I can feel their energy.  Usually it's a warm static-y kind of feel like when you take warm towels out of the dryer right away.   When I've done healing work/reiki, I can sometimes feel warmer spots and cooler ones, so I get an idea of problem spots in the individual.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 01:51:08 pm »

How do you sense energy?

Thank you!

I've seen, heard, smelled, and felt energy. Some things I just intuitively know, although since I've gone through 7 odd years of university education I've learned to look into it quietly before I state those. But mostly, I just feel it as waves, warmth, coldness, or as some other kind of presence. It really depends on the circumstances.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 03:00:39 pm »
How do you sense energy?

Thank you!

I mostly feel energy too - though in my case when I say feel it's more like... something I can sense with my skin. Certain kinds of energy will muck with my head, certainly; strong electrical fields in particular tend to mess me up.

As long as you have a system that works for you, though, why would you abandon it just because someone tells you you're "doing it wrong"?
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 04:05:24 pm »
Quote from: Jack;114969
I mostly feel energy too - though in my case when I say feel it's more like... something I can sense with my skin. Certain kinds of energy will muck with my head, certainly; strong electrical fields in particular tend to mess me up.

As long as you have a system that works for you, though, why would you abandon it just because someone tells you you're "doing it wrong"?

Like Jack, I sense it in my skin. It's a bit like feeling electricity (but less painful. Which is good).
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

ALiteraryLady

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 06:11:03 pm »

How do you sense energy?

Thank you!

I tend to feel energy about my person. I did a full moon ritual one year and I recall feeling a large amount of energy around me by the time the ritual was over. When I'm honoring Frigg, I tend to feel more youthful, almost childlike (not childish) and relaxed in my surroundings. It's like I'm no longer feeling the stress of my day, like a very calming hug. That's the best I can describe it.

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 07:28:17 pm »

How do you sense energy?

Thank you!

For me it's when the hair on my arm stand up. The goose pimply sensation.

Sulischild

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sulischild.blogspot.com.au/
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 11:43:58 pm »
Quote from: PhantomQueen;114959
...  Also, when there are alot of people around and get into my space, I can feel their energy.  Usually it's a warm static-y kind of feel like when you take warm towels out of the dryer right away.   When I've done healing work/reiki, I can sometimes feel warmer spots and cooler ones, so I get an idea of problem spots in the individual.

My experience is much the same.  Crowd energy can feel hot and prickly and unpleasant to me sometimes, less like a warm towel and more like an itchy wool blanket  just pulled out of a tub of really hot water.  Autism + energy sensitivity = random outbreaks of sensory weirdness.

I'm don't do so much Reiki these days, since it contradicts the energy healing stuff that comes naturally to me, and I'm getting old enough to not give a damn any more about not doing things by the book.  But when I do, I feel the cold patches too, and use them as a guide to where the energy needs to go.

Tay Redgrave

• Journeyman
  • Devil May Cry's a rockin'
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan (Heathen/Druid)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 08:20:20 pm »

How do you sense energy?

Thank you!

I sense energy as warm, fuzziness or numbness (or, well, anything depending on the circumstances, I guess) on the side of my body that I can sense it on... which is usually my right side. Usually, not always.

Raven Rose

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 10:02:23 am »

How do you sense energy?

I sense it through my body. Through thought forms and emotions.

NCPilot

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 10:54:02 am »

Sometimes I visualize it, sometimes I feel it like a breeze against my skin, and other times it just feels like intuition.  It depends on what the situation is.

I can visualize and feel it during my rituals and I get intuition when I'm talking to other people or taking care of my dogs.

BlueEyedCat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 09:18:12 am »
How do you sense energy?

I sense energy in a few ways. When I meditate, ground, and shield its like there is an electric current going through me and my head gets all fuzzy, like my brain is floating and rolling around.
When I work energy, especially through my hands, its like the pins and needles sensation you get after a limb falls asleep but not as painful.
When it comes to other people, its more of intuition. I get the impression that they are not feeling well, or what mood they are in and tend to know what will make them smile. When I am around certain people their presence calms me down or sets me on edge.

Indra

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://apagansoul.wix.com/apagansoul
How do YOU sense energy?
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 09:30:20 am »
How do you sense energy?

I have a few different ways also. Mostly I feel energy when I close my eyes and it's like a warm, swirling sensation (sort of like when you're just starting to get drunk and things swirl around in a pleasant way) but it has an ebb and a flow to it, like the sea. Sometimes I feel it pushing against me, sometimes pulling very strongly. That's the energy I use for spell work and directing into the universe, the stuff I see as coming from what I call 'the source'.

If it's an emotional kind of energy though, if someone around me is feeling something strongly, or if certain music is played, if I hear an emotional story, even emotions from the earth itself, I get the shivers and those goose pimples. It feel just like when your cold but 100x stronger, it goes up and down my back and the goose pimples feel like they want to jump out of my skin.....

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 05:21:48 pm »

How do you sense energy?

Thank you!

Energy in the sense of this post is not a part of my spiritual practice, but I have felt something like it before, flowing out of the palms of my hands.

Twice I have seen auras -- one was an indigo cloud surrounding a person's head.  As she walked, it trailed out behind her like a tail.  The other person had one, too, but I didn't see it in a cloud form, it was more like bright golden sparkles in her hair.

That's the only time I've been able to see auras.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Riothamus12

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: The Nameless Path
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 03:45:53 pm »

How do you sense energy?

Thank you!

It manifests in may ways. Some times it's a tingling at my finger tips. Other times it's a sudden and vivid impression. It also will manifest as the area "vibrating", but not in the traditional sense of the word or as pressure.
https://inthespiritofconversation.wordpress.com/
I started a blog. Feel free to peruse. It's still in it's early stages and I have to write more, so do bare with me if it's all a little basic so far.

Tags: