collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Black energy  (Read 3609 times)

kristoff1235

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Black energy
« on: July 01, 2013, 08:28:13 pm »
I have been wondering about black energy. My friends around my area who practice energy work have tried to use black energy and found it to be very uncomfortable, and almost damaging at times. I've been able to safely use it from early on and was wondering if its possible for the body to adjust to 'negative' energies or if black energy may not be a negative energy at all, or if I might be naturally grounded against it? I think it could be helpful to get a new perspective, because if I can I wan't to teach them how to safely manage black energy.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Black energy
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 08:33:57 pm »
Quote from: kristoff1235;114320
I have been wondering about black energy. My friends around my area who practice energy work have tried to use black energy and found it to be very uncomfortable, and almost damaging at times. I've been able to safely use it from early on and was wondering if its possible for the body to adjust to 'negative' energies or if black energy may not be a negative energy at all, or if I might be naturally grounded against it? I think it could be helpful to get a new perspective, because if I can I wan't to teach them how to safely manage black energy.

I have never heard of "black energy" in my life. Could you define it?

kristoff1235

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44:24 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;114321
I have never heard of "black energy" in my life. Could you define it?

I don't know where exactly to begin, I guess when it's in the body, it is the 'pain' we feel, like during a headache, or other painful thing. But my experience with it has two sides, The side thats painful and the side that's just strong. I'm sorry if thats not very clear...

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:41:33 am »
Quote from: kristoff1235;114322
I don't know where exactly to begin, I guess when it's in the body, it is the 'pain' we feel, like during a headache, or other painful thing. But my experience with it has two sides, The side thats painful and the side that's just strong. I'm sorry if thats not very clear...

Why do you label it as "black"?
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

dionysiandame

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:31:00 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;114358

Because it has rhythm?
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 11:14:13 am »
Quote from: dionysiandame;114363
Because it has rhythm?

I was not drinking. Thank the gods.
You - you win the internet today.
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

kristoff1235

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 12:28:26 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;114358

The reason is because I use my vision to 'see' energy, and I see that energy as a black color.

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 05:45:15 pm »
Quote from: kristoff1235;114370
The reason is because I use my vision to 'see' energy, and I see that energy as a black color.

Oh. So you're asking if others have used pain in energy work or spells? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The first thing that springs to mind is people who do ordeal work; while many ordeal rituals don't necessarily involve you actively using the pain for something, there are people who use pain (primarily in a controlled setting where the pain levels can be controlled in a way, rather than say a headache?) when doing spells and the like and direct it in ways similar as if you were using other methods, like breathing, drumming, dancing, etc. Of course, not everyone is comfortable with doing stuff like that, and that's okay.

Personally, I've never used "pain energy" in anything because I lack the skill (plus I can't "see" it) and I don't do much ritual or spells lately, so I can't help you from a personal standpoint.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

kristoff1235

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 01:07:55 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;114464
Oh. So you're asking if others have used pain in energy work or spells? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The first thing that springs to mind is people who do ordeal work; while many ordeal rituals don't necessarily involve you actively using the pain for something, there are people who use pain (primarily in a controlled setting where the pain levels can be controlled in a way, rather than say a headache?) when doing spells and the like and direct it in ways similar as if you were using other methods, like breathing, drumming, dancing, etc. Of course, not everyone is comfortable with doing stuff like that, and that's okay.

Personally, I've never used "pain energy" in anything because I lack the skill (plus I can't "see" it) and I don't do much ritual or spells lately, so I can't help you from a personal standpoint.

Yeah, Ive had early experimentation with it. It started as a dangerous, hard to control energy. A friend of mine next to me at the time blacked out. I used to be able manage a mass of 100, which doesn't make alot of sense but that's like if i filled my body completely with black energy 100 times. I havent practiced in awhile so it can make me sick if i just suddenly pulled that much. I was really wanting to know if anyone knows how I'm able to handle it but others aren't. I cant seem to handle pink energy though, which seems to be 'mischievous' energy. :-) I think it's interesting that people may have a weakness to a certain energy.

Wyrst

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 08:19:14 am »
Quote from: kristoff1235;114370

Now, not that it really adds anything to the OP but, black isn't a colour, but rather lack of light (and therefor arguably colour too? I'm not that well-versed in physics). Agreed right?

So, if you, 'see', energy as black, wouldn't that equal a void or, perhaps even an opposite of energy?

Just me wondering out loud as I was reading.

kristoff1235

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 01:45:39 am »
Quote from: Wyrst;114522
Now, not that it really adds anything to the OP but, black isn't a colour, but rather lack of light (and therefor arguably colour too? I'm not that well-versed in physics). Agreed right?

So, if you, 'see', energy as black, wouldn't that equal a void or, perhaps even an opposite of energy?

Just me wondering out loud as I was reading.

That's actually an interesting thing to point out. :) Hm, it does have a 'heaviness' to it, so though it may be void of color it does appear to have something to it. :) Still a very interesting thing to say... thank you for that.

Wyrst

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 04:39:40 am »
Quote from: kristoff1235;114626
That's actually an interesting thing to point out. :) Hm, it does have a 'heaviness' to it, so though it may be void of color it does appear to have something to it. :) Still a very interesting thing to say... thank you for that.

Happy to help. I hope it might help you in some way or form. That'd be cool. Well, onwards to finding the magical-- lacking a better term --equivalent of dark matter huh? :P

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 11:31:09 am »
Quote from: Wyrst;114522

Depends on whether you're approaching it from color-theory or as light. Which would go back to how/why the OP's brain is interpreting it as black.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 11:34:06 am »
Quote from: kristoff1235;114495
Yeah, Ive had early experimentation with it. It started as a dangerous, hard to control energy. A friend of mine next to me at the time blacked out. I used to be able manage a mass of 100, which doesn't make alot of sense but that's like if i filled my body completely with black energy 100 times. I havent practiced in awhile so it can make me sick if i just suddenly pulled that much. I was really wanting to know if anyone knows how I'm able to handle it but others aren't. I cant seem to handle pink energy though, which seems to be 'mischievous' energy. :-) I think it's interesting that people may have a weakness to a certain energy.

Can you please explain this? I'm not quite following. How were you measuring the mass?

I've used pain to fuel spellwork before, but I don't parse energy as color most of the time so I don't think I can help there.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

kristoff1235

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 01:09:18 pm »
Quote from: Jack;114679
Can you please explain this? I'm not quite following. How were you measuring the mass?

I've used pain to fuel spellwork before, but I don't parse energy as color most of the time so I don't think I can help there.

I'm sorry. When I said mass, I wasn't meaning like weight, but amount. When I first started practicing energy manipulation I'ld fill my body and use it as a measuring device in a sense, so to make a ball with a mass of 5 I have to fill my body 5 whole times and form a ball in bursts. I've gotten better since then though, and can simply stream exact amounts.

Tags: