collapse

Author Topic: Sensing Energy and Clairvoyance  (Read 2123 times)

Freebird

• View Profile
Sensing Energy and Clairvoyance
« on: June 02, 2013, 04:28:14 pm »
I hope this doesn't sound too silly. Actually, I'm hoping it's a bit common.

With certain people, usually those I am very close to (one person in particular- my mother), I can sense when they are about to call or text me! That... does sound a bit silly I suppose. It's not all the time or everyday. But often I will just get a feeling. I can't tell you how many times I've thought about someone and text them then, almost immediately, I get their text because we were both texting at the same time. Or I feel the need to pick up my phone only for someone to call me as soon as I get my phone.

It happened today. My mother responded by saying, "You're scary- this happens too often!"

This wouldn't surprise me if I was a constant texter or talker, however I am not.

I guess I'm posting my goofy story to see if anyone has any similar experiences or input. Doing some light research I came across clairvoyance and being sensitive to energy. I don't think I'm a psychic or anything, but I do wonder if this has something to do with sensing "energy" if I may call it that.

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sensing Energy and Clairvoyance
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:43:49 pm »
Quote from: Freebird;110552

With certain people, usually those I am very close to (one person in particular- my mother), I can sense when they are about to call or text me! That... does sound a bit silly I suppose. It's not all the time or everyday. But often I will just get a feeling. I can't tell you how many times I've thought about someone and text them then, almost immediately, I get their text because we were both texting at the same time. Or I feel the need to pick up my phone only for someone to call me as soon as I get my phone.

It happened today. My mother responded by saying, "You're scary- this happens too often!"

This wouldn't surprise me if I was a constant texter or talker, however I am not.

I guess I'm posting my goofy story to see if anyone has any similar experiences or input. Doing some light research I came across clairvoyance and being sensitive to energy. I don't think I'm a psychic or anything, but I do wonder if this has something to do with sensing "energy" if I may call it that.

My best friend and I used to do this all the time, we don't any more but in our late teens and early  twenties very often when one of us called the other we'd get an engaged tone because the other one was calling at the same time.

here's a story that I always remembered that lots of people don't believe when I tell them (this was in the days before broad band so if someone was using the internet the phone didn't ring)

My partners mother was dying and It was four o'clock in the morning and I couldn't sleep so I was online, my partner was asleep behind me and suddenly she woke up and said "who was on the phone?". and I was like "what, no-one the phone didn't ring, I'm on line." she was completely insistent that she's heard the phone and she asked me to check the answer phone messages. There was one from her sister that had been left at  exactly the time my partner woke up, saying we should get to the hospital now.

(I would like to say I wasn't being as ass, her sister had both our mobile numbers and our housemates number and called us on my number 5 mins later, I wasn't blocking the only form of communication)
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

bee

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 08:30:00 am »

I don't think you sound silly. I think this happens to people fairly often. I've gotten to the point at work where I feel like I know when certain people are going to walk in the door...and I've been pretty much spot on nearly every time. I don't know if it's hyper-intuition or if somehow we get ourselves into some sort of subconcious routine?

If you want to hear something silly, my friends call me the baby psychic because I always correctly guess the sex of unborn children. :p
-sweet bee

DancesWithHorses

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 09:39:29 am »
Quote from: bee;110930
I don't think you sound silly. I think this happens to people fairly often. I've gotten to the point at work where I feel like I know when certain people are going to walk in the door...and I've been pretty much spot on nearly every time. I don't know if it's hyper-intuition or if somehow we get ourselves into some sort of subconcious routine?

If you want to hear something silly, my friends call me the baby psychic because I always correctly guess the sex of unborn children. :p

It's not silly. It just means you actually tune in to your instincts.

I do it at times. Although predicting genders could be fun.
Jinx or Jinxy :)
Add a dash of folklore, a few centuries of farmer\'s blood and mix well.
[/B]

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 01:04:24 pm »
Quote from: bee;110930

Something similar happens with me with unborn kids, but only rarely.

Years ago, when I learned a friend's sister was pregnant I blurted out, "It's going to be a boy, and they're going to name him Jonathan." My friend kept mum so as not to bias events...and sure enough....

Just last year I was at a party chatting with a woman I'd just met. "I'm about to become a grandmother!" she says happily, and explained how her daughter thinks it will be a girl, but she thinks it will be a boy.

I blurt out: "It's going to be a girl, and they're going to name her Annabelle."

She blinked. "The name they want for a girl is Arabelle."

We both poured ourselves stiff drinks to wash the weirdness away. Talk about your intermittent and useless psychic talents!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 02:10:44 pm »

It happens to me with my husband, that we know what the other is thinking sometimes. An example, I was thinking that we should go to visit my grandma on the weekend, and he says "we should visit your grandma this weekend". I usually tell him "get out of my head!", and we both laugh.

With my uncle and my sister, I can feel if they are not well. The bad part is that I don't know why I'm feeling something until someone calls and tells me, for example, "your uncle had an accident". Then I get this "I knew it!" idea, but actually, the only thing I knew was that someone was not ok.

I think is some kind of empathy...
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

bee

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 02:28:01 pm »
Quote from: Altair;110948
Something similar happens with me with unborn kids, but only rarely.

Years ago, when I learned a friend's sister was pregnant I blurted out, "It's going to be a boy, and they're going to name him Jonathan." My friend kept mum so as not to bias events...and sure enough....

Just last year I was at a party chatting with a woman I'd just met. "I'm about to become a grandmother!" she says happily, and explained how her daughter thinks it will be a girl, but she thinks it will be a boy.

I blurt out: "It's going to be a girl, and they're going to name her Annabelle."

She blinked. "The name they want for a girl is Arabelle."

We both poured ourselves stiff drinks to wash the weirdness away. Talk about your intermittent and useless psychic talents!

Now THAT'S accuracy!!

I hope all these examples help OP feel reassured!! You're not being silly or weird and you're definitely not alone!
-sweet bee

whiteorchid

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 01:05:48 pm »

It happens to me all the time, especially with people I'm close, but it manifests a bit differently. For example if I happen to think about someone for a couple of days, I end up meeting them by coincidence, or hear news of them or get contacted by them. I think it's just telepathy in my case. But with people I'm closer with, I happen to egt in contact with them at the same time they do. Like three days ago I was just thinking about one of my friends, but I did think about her the day before and the day before that, so , in the end, I decided to send her an e-mail and just catch up on her, but when I opened my email, i saw a message from her sent one hour prior.
So, for me, it builds up during several days.
Also, with my best friend, we used to think the same things at the same time, and even have periods in the same time LOL She's moved to another city now, so we don't see each other much, but when we meet we still blurt out the same things both at the same time.
 With my mom as well. Sometimes I joke - stay our of my head. She just reads me so well. Or maybe it's the other way around.
Anyway, I don't think it's strange. It happens to everyone with the people they're close to, I guess. depends on the personality as well, probably. Some are built to "read" or feel others more easily.

Tags: