Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Rune Circles  (Read 16430 times)

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Rune Circles
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:44:42 pm »
so heres a thing i been workin on. i started making circles that are kind of like a whole spell thats just cast as a drawing. i seen this kinda stuff in cartoons alot but i've never seen it done in real life so i wanted to try it!
the circles i make are a whole bunch of symbols like some runes and shapes like circles, squares, triangles and lines that all symbolizes some intention. then by drawing the circle widdershins or deosil in a certain color it casts the spell! or you can use the circle like a talisman. or whatever.
im not sure if this made any sense. it made sense in my head. but heres some examples!

this one is a poppet sketch that use instead of things like poppets C:

this ones for a ritual to send energy to the gods

this ones for privacy

and this ones for rain!

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Rune Circles
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 08:30:03 am »
Quote from: Olie;101493
im not sure if this made any sense. it made sense in my head. but heres some examples!

It made perfect sense to me. Do you have a set method for determining the shape or what runes you use?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Nefure

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 01:21:07 pm »
so heres a thing i been workin on. i started making circles that are kind of like a whole spell thats just cast as a drawing. i seen this kinda stuff in cartoons alot but i've never seen it done in real life so i wanted to try it!
the circles i make are a whole bunch of symbols like some runes and shapes like d, squares, triangles and lines that all symbolizes some intention. then by drawing the circle wieddershins or deosil in a certain color it casts the spell! or you can use the circle like a talisman. or whatever.

this one is a poppet sketch that use instead of things like poppets C:

this ones for a ritual to send energy to the gods

this ones for privacy

and this ones for rain!
Tha

These are fabulous! Love to cast runes!
NEFERURE "Beauty of Re" Eternal Egypt 2005...

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 07:38:22 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;101516
It made perfect sense to me. Do you have a set method for determining the shape or what runes you use?

awesome! but yeah theres a few rules. the big runes are ones i made up and each one has its own meaning. all together they hafta have some kind of intention for the spell. like in the privacy one the runes mean banish, view, all, and error.
then i use the nordic runes to either spell things out like names or write somethin to be more specific about what the other runes are suppose to mean. those dont actually hafta be runes though. it just needs to be some language or alphabet that you only use when doing magic so more concentration goes into them
then the SHAPES just hafta make some sense to symbolize what the spell is suppose to do. and the main shape has to be a circle to kinda copy the casting a circle idea
so ummm yeah i think thats pretty much the rules! :3

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 07:41:58 pm »
Quote from: Nefure;101547
These are fabulous! Love to cast runes!

well shucks thanksh :3

Nefure

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 09:13:15 pm »
Quote from: Olie;101584
well shucks thanksh :3

You are most welcome..
NEFERURE "Beauty of Re" Eternal Egypt 2005...

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Rune Circles
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 12:01:39 am »
Quote from: Olie;101583
awesome! but yeah theres a few rules. the big runes are ones i made up and each one has its own meaning. all together they hafta have some kind of intention for the spell. like in the privacy one the runes mean banish, view, all, and error.
then i use the nordic runes to either spell things out like names or write somethin to be more specific about what the other runes are suppose to mean. those dont actually hafta be runes though. it just needs to be some language or alphabet that you only use when doing magic so more concentration goes into them
then the SHAPES just hafta make some sense to symbolize what the spell is suppose to do. and the main shape has to be a circle to kinda copy the casting a circle idea
so ummm yeah i think thats pretty much the rules! :3

What do you mean you make up runes? Like you just drew a randomish shape and said it's for... health or whatever? I'm not being an ass, this idea hit like wham, unlike actually casting a circle or doing a ritual. Those things sound great but not for me at this point. Seeing these drawings of yours was almost like a thwap.

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 12:29:30 am »
Quote from: Aspiria;101610
What do you mean you make up runes? Like you just drew a randomish shape and said it's for... health or whatever? I'm not being an ass, this idea hit like wham, unlike actually casting a circle or doing a ritual. Those things sound great but not for me at this point. Seeing these drawings of yours was almost like a thwap.

i dig that all yur emotions are sound effects o,.o

but no it wasnt like that. i came up for an idea for a rune and then drew it reeeeaaally abstractly. like the banish rune is suppose to be a setting sun. and the view rune is suppose to a veil or a balcony. then i tested them and remade them a jillion times before i was happy with them. but i just like makin things

runes might not be the right word actually >,.> maybe symbols. or sigils. so much witch lingo. its hard to keep up

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 12:47:11 am »

Makes perfect sense.  There's a belief that part of the magic symbol's power comes from the thought process behind it, including its design and creation.
Practical Sigil Magic by Frater U.D. shows how to create sigils using letters of the alphabet, by manipulating them into aesthetic, meaningful, powerful designs.  Looks like what you're doing is similar to the thought process there.

Your examples are quite good, btw.  :D:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:49:29 am by MadZealot »
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Rune Circles
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 01:14:23 am »
Quote from: MadZealot;101616
Makes perfect sense.  There's a belief that part of the magic symbol's power comes from the thought process behind it, including its design and creation.
Practical Sigil Magic by Frater U.D. shows how to create sigils using letters of the alphabet, by manipulating them into aesthetic, meaningful, powerful designs.  Looks like what you're doing is similar to the thought process there.

So if I wanted to make say, a health rune, I would think of a symbol that would mean good health for me, incorporate it's design into squares and circles, add runes for words and coordinated colors and I would have a working health sigil? And then what? Do I hang it up, wear it, under my pillow? Do I need a spoken spell to go with it?  Ideas are already flowing in my head, this is weird. ..I think. hmmmm

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 02:02:04 am »
Quote from: MadZealot;101616

sigil magic! i love sigil magic! i heard about that book actually sooomewhere on this forum and i really wanna get it. but sigil magic IS a lot how this whole idea works! i probably borrowed a lot now thatcha mention it
and thanks lots! C:

Quote from: Aspiria;101618
So if I wanted to make say, a health rune, I would think of a symbol that would mean good health for me, incorporate it's design into squares and circles, add runes for words and coordinated colors and I would have a working health sigil? And then what? Do I hang it up, wear it, under my pillow? Do I need a spoken spell to go with it?  Ideas are already flowing in my head, this is weird. ..I think. hmmmm
ya mean sigil magic or rune circles?
well for rune circles thats a spiffy narrowed down version of how to do it i guess :3 its like putting magic through a funnel! and the correspondences make the funnel thinner to get more concentrated on what you want. first i'd use more than one rune though so that theres more to concentrate on. also it looks cooler with the more detail you have
theres lots of ways you can use it though. its pretty important to concentrate your energy and intention through your pen while youre drawin it. and that could be enough just for the spell without having to do anything else. but doing more to amp it up might help too. im not good with all that concentration so i use it sometimes like a place-matt to do rituals on. or if your doing like a protection circle you could draw the circle over a door and just keep it there. or draw the circle on something you can pick up and concentrate energy through it like a magnifying glass. pretty much all the ways are a good way to use it
i actually have a healing circle though! i could post it if you wanna look attit?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:02:48 am by Olie »

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Rune Circles
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 02:42:46 am »
Quote from: Olie;101622
sigil magic! i love sigil magic! i heard about that book actually sooomewhere on this forum and i really wanna get it. but sigil magic IS a lot how this whole idea works! i probably borrowed a lot now thatcha mention it
and thanks lots! C:

ya mean sigil magic or rune circles?
well for rune circles thats a spiffy narrowed down version of how to do it i guess :3 its like putting magic through a funnel! and the correspondences make the funnel thinner to get more concentrated on what you want. first i'd use more than one rune though so that theres more to concentrate on. also it looks cooler with the more detail you have
theres lots of ways you can use it though. its pretty important to concentrate your energy and intention through your pen while youre drawin it. and that could be enough just for the spell without having to do anything else. but doing more to amp it up might help too. im not good with all that concentration so i use it sometimes like a place-matt to do rituals on. or if your doing like a protection circle you could draw the circle over a door and just keep it there. or draw the circle on something you can pick up and concentrate energy through it like a magnifying glass. pretty much all the ways are a good way to use it
i actually have a healing circle though! i could post it if you wanna look attit?

Yes that would be awesome. And now I'm interested in sigil magic lol. Where are you from? You talk a bit different.

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 02:57:10 am »
Quote from: Aspiria;101618

Yep, pretty much all that, and Olie's 'magic through a funnel' metaphor is a damned good description of the process.  
You could keep it simple, creating a sigil as a focus/manifestation of your will.  You could cast your circle or whatever it is you do to create your sacred space, and then create your sigil within that space.  You could use special inks, colored papers, or whatever if you're into correspondences; you can do the work at high noon or by moonlight.  The book I recommended suggests finishing your sigil, and while you're focusing on it with your eyes, concentrating with your will, and visualizing the outcome, you bring yourself to sexual climax.  That sounds like one hell of a way to gather, focus, and release energy-- also a good excuse to empty your nut chakra and relax with a cocktail afterwards; besides, self loving is self healing.  Right?
Really, the process is as simple or as layered as you want it to be.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:59:34 am by MadZealot »
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Rune Circles
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 03:14:50 am »
Quote from: MadZealot;101630
Yep, pretty much all that, and Olie's 'magic through a funnel' metaphor is a damned good description of the process.  
You could keep it simple, creating a sigil as a focus/manifestation of your will.  You could cast your circle or whatever it is you do to create your sacred space, and then create your sigil within that space.  You could use special inks, colored papers, or whatever if you're into correspondences; you can do the work at high noon or by moonlight.  The book I recommended suggests finishing your sigil, and while you're focusing on it with your eyes, concentrating with your will, and visualizing the outcome, you bring yourself to sexual climax.  That sounds like one hell of a way to gather, focus, and release energy-- also a good excuse to empty your nut chakra and relax with a cocktail afterwards; besides, self loving is self healing.  Right?
Really, the process is as simple or as layered as you want it to be.

Lmao, oh my. Well that sounds...interesting. curiosity keeps growing lol.

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 03:40:54 am »
Quote from: Aspiria;101629
Yes that would be awesome. And now I'm interested in sigil magic lol. Where are you from? You talk a bit different.

ok i'll get on that! and hah! im from chicago XD i just talk wonky.
OH but with sigil magic i found this video of a guy man dude explainin it!

tis pretty much the same as what madzealot said but the guy in the video is just really fun to listen to XD so if you dont feel like reading about it this is pretty handy P:

Tags: