Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Does Ghost Radar App Work?  (Read 11191 times)

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Does Ghost Radar App Work?
« on: July 25, 2011, 12:31:42 am »
A friend showed me the app a while back and I bought the pay version so we could compare. Not much difference. I like the free version a bit better actually.

Still has anyone used the Ghost Radar app with any success?

My friend thinks it works, but I have doubts. Stupidly, I didn't look into how much access it has to other information on my phone and every coincidental word that pops up could easily have come from other information on the device.

I am not as in touch with the spirits as I would like to be or as I suspect several here are, but my best guess as to how to check the thing would be to ask a spiritualist where he or she puts it on a scale from possible potential to massive eye roll. And it may take more personal experience with the app than a day trip to Lilydale would allow.

So if any spiritualist here has the app and has an opinion, could you share it with me? Thanks in advance if you can!

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Does Ghost Radar App Work?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:38:46 am »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;7900
A friend showed me the app a while back and I bought the pay version so we could compare. Not much difference. I like the free version a bit better actually.

Still has anyone used the Ghost Radar app with any success?

My friend thinks it works, but I have doubts. Stupidly, I didn't look into how much access it has to other information on my phone and every coincidental word that pops up could easily have come from other information on the device.

I am not as in touch with the spirits as I would like to be or as I suspect several here are, but my best guess as to how to check the thing would be to ask a spiritualist where he or she puts it on a scale from possible potential to massive eye roll. And it may take more personal experience with the app than a day trip to Lilydale would allow.

So if any spiritualist here has the app and has an opinion, could you share it with me? Thanks in advance if you can!

I'll start with a disclaimer: I don't even have a phone that can use apps (just have a cheap pre-paid cell) and I haven't seen it on anyone else's phone.  That being said, I am very skeptical about such an app.  It just seems like a way for the company that makes it to cash in on the popularity of certain cable reality shows.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 12:48:11 am »
Quote from: Melamphoros;7903
I'll start with a disclaimer: I don't even have a phone that can use apps (just have a cheap pre-paid cell) and I haven't seen it on anyone else's phone.  That being said, I am very skeptical about such an app.  It just seems like a way for the company that makes it to cash in on the popularity of certain cable reality shows.

That's kind of where I am too. My friend's mother passed away and they did not have a close relationship, and she thinks that her mother might make contact with her thru the app. So I didn't want to poo-poo the idea right away. Still, my original skepticism grows every time I use it and words pop up that I just wrote in email or used as a search term or are connected to a contact's address.

I've never seen an actual ghost hunter reality show, though I know they exist, and think you're probably right.

drapetomaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 01:06:21 am »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;7900

No.  As a technologist and someone who was worked with spirits.  No.

As a technologists, I've read some wonderful ideas on how the phones for some ghost apps can detect sound and distance variations. I've even seen one that seems to indicate the weak "metal detector" capabilities play in to such apps.

It's fascinating though - to think about a really robust application tracking the directions you turn, how swiftly, positions you check multiple times, maybe how often you hold the phone in a certain position, perhaps one listening on the mike to see when you hush or carry certain tones..  Something combining any of those would be a really effective algorithm... I think it's all possible to program on the phones today.

I haven't tried any EVP apps yet.  I'm still open to those, but haven't bought into them at all yet.

All that being said.  I don't think I've seen the same app being talked about here.

If you describe it.. I could tell you how to code it though...  I believe in spirits and technology...

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 01:38:01 am »
Quote from: drapetomaniac;7908
No.  As a technologist and someone who was worked with spirits.  No.

As a technologists, I've read some wonderful ideas on how the phones for some ghost apps can detect sound and distance variations. I've even seen one that seems to indicate the weak "metal detector" capabilities play in to such apps.

It's fascinating though - to think about a really robust application tracking the directions you turn, how swiftly, positions you check multiple times, maybe how often you hold the phone in a certain position, perhaps one listening on the mike to see when you hush or carry certain tones..  Something combining any of those would be a really effective algorithm... I think it's all possible to program on the phones today.

I haven't tried any EVP apps yet.  I'm still open to those, but haven't bought into them at all yet.

All that being said.  I don't think I've seen the same app being talked about here.

If you describe it.. I could tell you how to code it though...  I believe in spirits and technology...

This.  I would want to see just how this app would function.  I don't think there is an app out there that could change the physical attributes of a cell phone to detect a spirit like a K2 meter is believed to be able to.  Would it be possible to make something be a voice recorder for EVPs?  Sure, since phones basically do that anyways.  How sensitive they would be is another matter.

I DO think it would be easy to make an app that responds to your voice randomly if you were to ask if a spirit was present.  So I'd say I'd be EXTREMELY skeptical.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 06:01:31 pm »
Quote from: drapetomaniac;7908

Here is a link the website for it; http://www.spudpickles.com/GhostRadar

"Spud Pickles" isn't a super confidence bearing name but then I don't like to discount the names for things.

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 06:06:19 pm »
Quote from: Etheric1;7912

I DO think it would be easy to make an app that responds to your voice randomly if you were to ask if a spirit was present.  So I'd say I'd be EXTREMELY skeptical.

Yeah. It doesn't allow for any interaction from the user.  The skeptic in me grows.

Tags: