collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: What are your most recent dreams, and what do you think they mean?  (Read 4580 times)

Polymorphia

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://folio-versipellis.tumblr.com/
I really love working with dreams, but people think it's odd if I ask about theirs. I hope to someday be able to help people interpret their dreams, but that's a difficult goal when I can only discuss them with one person without getting a weird look. I also want to get better at interpreting my own, but that's difficult as well when there are only some simple dream symbols out there. |: It'd be nice to get some new perspective!

What are some dreams you've had recently, or recurring dreams? And what do you think they mean?

Yesterday I dreamed of animals--lots of animals, and they could talk to me. I especially remember an owl who was my friend in the dream, though I don't remember what he told me...

Shine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
Re: What are your most recent dreams, and what do you think they mean?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 11:23:03 am »
Quote from: Polymorphia;100815
What are some dreams you've had recently, or recurring dreams? And what do you think they mean?

Here's one that still bothers me, though it's surface meaning seems obvious.

In the dream, I was driving. It was dark, very dark. There were a few lights around, but they didn’t seem to penetrate the shadows at all. I pulled up to a four-way stop with lights. As I pulled up to the crosswalk, it was as if my car disappeared. All that was left was me on a dark road (I could no longer see the lights), a woman in a dress beside me, and a woman with long, thin, black arms who crept up behind me.

For some reason, I didn’t run. Maybe she moved too fast. Before I knew it she’d grabbed me and was trying to do. . . something. I started screaming for help and for Brighid. Then I woke up with some pretty bad asthma.

My guess is what I heard as “Brighid” in the dream was supposed to be “breathe”.

I can’t help but think the long-armed lady was trying to spirit me away. . . .

On the surface, someone--my brain or otherwise--was trying to wake me up before it was too late. Something doesn't seem right with this single interpretation, though.

And I don't know how relevant this is, or if it was all in my imagination, but I was sitting in front of Bast's shrine, just talking about the dream and other things. For a moment, it seemed as if Bast put her arm around my shoulders. And whaddya know--her arm was long, thin, and black. Needless to say, I thanked her for her help, just in case.
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Adana Knows Best

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/AshleyRP19sChannel/featured
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:14:41 pm »
I really love working with dreams, but people think it's odd if I ask about theirs. I hope to someday be able to help people interpret their dreams, but that's a difficult goal when I can only discuss them with one person without getting a weird look. I also want to get better at interpreting my own, but that's difficult as well when there are only some simple dream symbols out there. |: It'd be nice to get some new perspective!

Yesterday I dreamed of animals--lots of animals, and they could talk to me. I especially remember an owl who was my friend in the dream, though I don't remember what he told me...

I have basically two kinds of dreams that, when looking back after the dream is over, tend to have a different "feel" or "style" to them; kind of like two different movies by the same producer, but having a different sort of meaning behind the story.  I don't have lucid dreams, never tried to alter my dreams before, and I'm fine with the way I dream now.  

One type of dream that I have is just random stuff that happens to me during the day mixed with fears, hopes, wishes, etc. and my own weird imagination.  98% of the time, my dreams are this kind.  For example, I was talking to a relative yesterday, and she teased me about possibly being pregnant (which is impossible), and so, I had a dream last night where I was worried I was pregnant and was on my way to seeing a doctor for a test (apparently home tests don't exist in my subconscious), but was woken up before I could finish out the dream.  Part of the dream included me being in a dark stairway, with no window, me at the top, writing in my journal/BoS with a mirror set up so that I could see my reflection; I was naked, with only two different blankets to cover me.  Turns out the stairway was part of a house, and the owner and my boyfriend happened to see me as he passed the bottom of the stairs (the curtain was fully closed), and then after he left, the owner of the house saw me and stared while I apologized, saying I thought that it was a stairwell in an apartment building and not part of a house.  There were bits and pieces scattered, as well, with me going shopping in a store that was squeezed into the first floor of a small home, and another dream where I was in a thrift store and lost my own actual purse among the items being sold.  Not entirely sure what all that means, but I do miss shopping (I do next to none now but made a date with my aunt to do some shopping at the end of the month at some of the local thrift stores), we're trying to save up money for possibly moving to an apartment, but we're also struggling with moving because we know it's better for my boyfriend's dad financially if we stayed (but not so much for us - my boyfriend and I - as a couple).  

And then there are other the dreams.  Sometimes they involve deities, or serve to bring something to my attention that I should be aware of - sort of like having an epiphany in dreamland that carries over to my conscious mind.  And then, there's a very specific dream that I have whenever someone close to me ends up pregnant.  Yes, sometimes I do have pregnancy dreams, but this dream is very specific - I'm always the one pregnant, I'm always late in the trimester, and I always go through the act of labor in my dream.  The circumstances differ, the father differs, and in my dream, I never know that it represents someone else.  But it never fails...

I'm not saying I'm psychic or whatever.  I have done a little digging around, and pregnancy dreams are usually associated to 'a new creative birth' of some sort, or a new beginning, but this doesn't seem to be true for me.  It could be coincidence, but I don't think so.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 02:51:12 pm »

Well last night I dreamt that my husband and I were running from this homicidal maniac in the fairgrounds (which are currently closed off to the public) and after we got off the over-walk bridge I hit him in the back of the head with a metal sheet and he died. Then we got on the bus to escape the place and talked about how we should call the police about it being self defense and all that. And then I woke up.

Maybe it means a change in how I deal with people, maybe it means drawing the line between appropriate (lawful) and inappropriate behavior?

More likely, it just ties into the already ever-present dreamset I get regarding homicidal maniacs coming after me and my PTSD-ridden brain. ^^

Polymorphia

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://folio-versipellis.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 07:23:09 am »
Quote from: Shine;100832
Here's one that still bothers me, though it's surface meaning seems obvious.

In the dream, I was driving. It was dark, very dark. There were a few lights around, but they didn’t seem to penetrate the shadows at all. I pulled up to a four-way stop with lights. As I pulled up to the crosswalk, it was as if my car disappeared. All that was left was me on a dark road (I could no longer see the lights), a woman in a dress beside me, and a woman with long, thin, black arms who crept up behind me.

For some reason, I didn’t run. Maybe she moved too fast. Before I knew it she’d grabbed me and was trying to do. . . something. I started screaming for help and for Brighid. Then I woke up with some pretty bad asthma.

My guess is what I heard as “Brighid” in the dream was supposed to be “breathe”.

I can’t help but think the long-armed lady was trying to spirit me away. . . .

On the surface, someone--my brain or otherwise--was trying to wake me up before it was too late. Something doesn't seem right with this single interpretation, though.

And I don't know how relevant this is, or if it was all in my imagination, but I was sitting in front of Bast's shrine, just talking about the dream and other things. For a moment, it seemed as if Bast put her arm around my shoulders. And whaddya know--her arm was long, thin, and black. Needless to say, I thanked her for her help, just in case.

Huh, that's interesting. It does sound like it's possibly a message though. (: And kind of spooky. The crossroads probably mean different paths or options you have available. The car disappearing might mean you can't go back the way you came/can't regress. Interesting.

Quote from: Adana Knows Best;100853
I have basically two kinds of dreams that, when looking back after the dream is over, tend to have a different "feel" or "style" to them; kind of like two different movies by the same producer, but having a different sort of meaning behind the story.  I don't have lucid dreams, never tried to alter my dreams before, and I'm fine with the way I dream now.  

One type of dream that I have is just random stuff that happens to me during the day mixed with fears, hopes, wishes, etc. and my own weird imagination.  98% of the time, my dreams are this kind.  For example, I was talking to a relative yesterday, and she teased me about possibly being pregnant (which is impossible), and so, I had a dream last night where I was worried I was pregnant and was on my way to seeing a doctor for a test (apparently home tests don't exist in my subconscious), but was woken up before I could finish out the dream.  Part of the dream included me being in a dark stairway, with no window, me at the top, writing in my journal/BoS with a mirror set up so that I could see my reflection; I was naked, with only two different blankets to cover me.  Turns out the stairway was part of a house, and the owner and my boyfriend happened to see me as he passed the bottom of the stairs (the curtain was fully closed), and then after he left, the owner of the house saw me and stared while I apologized, saying I thought that it was a stairwell in an apartment building and not part of a house.  There were bits and pieces scattered, as well, with me going shopping in a store that was squeezed into the first floor of a small home, and another dream where I was in a thrift store and lost my own actual purse among the items being sold.  Not entirely sure what all that means, but I do miss shopping (I do next to none now but made a date with my aunt to do some shopping at the end of the month at some of the local thrift stores), we're trying to save up money for possibly moving to an apartment, but we're also struggling with moving because we know it's better for my boyfriend's dad financially if we stayed (but not so much for us - my boyfriend and I - as a couple).  

And then there are other the dreams.  Sometimes they involve deities, or serve to bring something to my attention that I should be aware of - sort of like having an epiphany in dreamland that carries over to my conscious mind.  And then, there's a very specific dream that I have whenever someone close to me ends up pregnant.  Yes, sometimes I do have pregnancy dreams, but this dream is very specific - I'm always the one pregnant, I'm always late in the trimester, and I always go through the act of labor in my dream.  The circumstances differ, the father differs, and in my dream, I never know that it represents someone else.  But it never fails...

I'm not saying I'm psychic or whatever.  I have done a little digging around, and pregnancy dreams are usually associated to 'a new creative birth' of some sort, or a new beginning, but this doesn't seem to be true for me.  It could be coincidence, but I don't think so.

I've actually had a few pregnancy dreams myself. Those are hard to interpret, because often people say they do mean the start of something creative, but I think it can mean a lot of different things depending on the person, and depending on how you view pregnancy.

Quote from: Laveth;100862
Well last night I dreamt that my husband and I were running from this homicidal maniac in the fairgrounds (which are currently closed off to the public) and after we got off the over-walk bridge I hit him in the back of the head with a metal sheet and he died. Then we got on the bus to escape the place and talked about how we should call the police about it being self defense and all that. And then I woke up.

Maybe it means a change in how I deal with people, maybe it means drawing the line between appropriate (lawful) and inappropriate behavior?

More likely, it just ties into the already ever-present dreamset I get regarding homicidal maniacs coming after me and my PTSD-ridden brain. ^^

Killing someone, I think, is probably symbolic of destroying an aspect of yourself you don't like, or is associated with rage or a lack of control on your part. Not that that is what it is, but it could be. It also depends on who is killed; if it's someone you know you might be angry with them or want them out of your life.

Dream interpretation is the hardest branch of divination for me, because it's always subjective and symbolism can be so easy to misinterpret. Man, I've been writing down my dreams for a year or two now and I still have trouble deciphering the most basic dreams. xD

Like last night, I dreamed I was a different gender/person, and I was in this school or facility type place. The students lived there and couldn't leave, and often they would 'go missing' but we all knew that those who knew too much or who tried to leave were killed. I gradually started a revolt, but then all the students besides me and my friend became possessed and tried to stop me. I woke up with the words 'Spiritos Sanctos' in my head, and though they were familiar I had to look it up. Turns out it means 'The Holy Spirit'. I have no idea what to think of it, heh.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 05:21:25 pm »

I'm not very good at making sense of my dreams, but here's one I wrote down recently, maybe you can make sense of it:

I had been asked to play the role of Captain America as the government tried to convince people the Avengers were real. We had two "mock battles" where we went in somewhere with great fanfare and came out announcing we'd won. Brad Pitt was a thief (Maybe Rusty from Ocean's 11?) who was trying to expose the truth and also kidnap people who had "the stars in their eyes" which indicated something but I'm not sure what. He told me I had the stars in my eyes at one point but the government was stealing them from me.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 05:31:19 pm »
Quote from: Jack;101133
He told me I had the stars in my eyes at one point but the government was stealing them from me.

Kinda sounds like a conversation I had with a guy on a bus once.  He also told me his schizophrenia medication was full of microchips which tracked his every move, so he had to stop taking it.

I had a dream last night that my dog disowned me (which I knew because I just knew, apparently) and ran away with wolves.  No idea what it means, but I can't imagine it's a good sign.

Brina
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:34:54 pm by yewberry »

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 05:47:21 pm »
Quote from: yewberry;101135
I had a dream last night that my dog disowned me (which I knew because I just knew, apparently) and ran away with wolves.  No idea what it means, but I can't imagine it's a good sign.

Perhaps he's a werewolf. You know, a dog who turns into a wolf at the full moon.

No?
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 05:54:53 pm »
Quote from: Jack;101139
Perhaps he's a werewolf. You know, a dog who turns into a wolf at the full moon.

No?

But it was a new moon last night.  Maybe she's a Reverse Werewolf?  Or I am?  I'm already a mostly-vegetarian...

Brina

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 06:23:20 pm »
Quote from: yewberry;101140
But it was a new moon last night.  Maybe she's a Reverse Werewolf?  Or I am?  I'm already a mostly-vegetarian...

Brina

Maybe she's actually been a weredog all this time, and the dream was her way of telling you about her true nature?

yewberry

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 06:26:40 pm »
Quote from: Jack;101144
Maybe she's actually been a weredog all this time, and the dream was her way of telling you about her true nature?

Her?  No way.  She's probably just angling for more chicken jerky.  Her motives are, like, so transparent.

Brina

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 07:23:03 pm »

I very rarely remember my dreams - I've been tracking for about 11 years now (I started as part of my dedicant training in my religious path, and never stopped).

I get about one week out of every 3 months where I'll remember one or two dreams, and maybe remember dreaming at all once. The rest of the time? Nope. Almost never.

My most recent, actually, I can't talk about, because it'd reveal who I'm playing in Alternity (a massive and complex transformative work/deconstruction in the Harry Potter universe: I have hooked several other people from the Cauldron on reading it.)

But it was otherwise pretty typical of my dreams: very complicated and detailed setup, very vivid setting, very specific conversations, lots of background details that made perfect sense to me but are not things I consciously know.

(I've had dreams in which there was a massive real-time in-person roleplaying politics-and-strategy game going on in the background of the narrative of my dream, and there were complex rules that all made sense to me.)

The dream I can't describe above was unusual because I was very clearly the character in question, whose body type is not like mine. It was interesting being taller! Usually I am very much me.

I do occasionally get recurring animals: my beloved horse, long since dead. A thing that looks sort of like a bear with a more cat-like face. Periodic lions (though those are because I have a certain number of Leos in my life, very clearly.) Occasional dinosaurs.

I occasionally dream about people I know, but I more often dream about people I don't, or people I don't actually know in person, but only online. (Interestingly, the times I've met them in person, they're awfully congruent to the dream. Not just visually, but things like voice and body language.)

I also have recurring spaces (though now I think about it, most of them haven't shown up for a while), the most common of which is what I refer to as the Archetypal Student Union, which looks a little bit like the Student Union building at MIT, only, well, not.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Lokabrenna

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 07:37:20 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;101162
I very rarely remember my dreams - I've been tracking for about 11 years now (I started as part of my dedicant training in my religious path, and never stopped).

I've been having "god dreams" lately. It's all very complicated, but I think they indicate I'm about to go in a new direction spiritually. Not that I'm going to be leaving my current path behind, but adding things to it.

It's all very complicated.

I did have a strange dream where some dark-haired men kept trying to touch me and I was all like "eep, go away" and I get the distinct feeling that they wanted....ahem....but I was having none of that! This is actually unusual for my dreams, because usually I'm all over anything that moves (and I do mean anything) in my dreams, but not this time.

Nachtigall

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 10:13:50 am »
Quote from: Polymorphia;101072

I've actually had a few pregnancy dreams myself. Those are hard to interpret, because often people say they do mean the start of something creative, but I think it can mean a lot of different things depending on the person, and depending on how you view pregnancy.

The last dream that felt important enough to me to pay attention involved pregnancy as well. I was participating in a ritual, where I was impregnated by some non-corporeal being. I was not meant to be the one that took this part in ritual, it just happened very unexpectedly to me and to other participants - I think, it was a being that the ritual was dedicated to, that made this change.

I remember carrying the child to term, while trying to explain my family and other people, where the baby comes from and who is the father. The dream ended with me giving birth.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. The dream dictionaries define pregnancy dreams as a sign of almost everything, from creative impulse, to getting pregnant soon in real life, to deception and troubles ahead.

Dark Waters

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 10:47:43 am »
Quote from: Nachtigall;101251

I remember carrying the child to term, while trying to explain my family and other people, where the baby comes from and who is the father. The dream ended with me giving birth.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. The dream dictionaries define pregnancy dreams as a sign of almost everything, from creative impulse, to getting pregnant soon in real life, to deception and troubles ahead.

Does your family and friends know you are Apollonian/Pagan? It could signify coming out about it if they they don't ...
I\'m living in the Shadows and the Night, wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon\'s fragile light, it frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Tags: