"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Question About a Gem.  (Read 3923 times)

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
Question About a Gem.
« on: July 23, 2011, 04:01:21 pm »
A while back, I asked on here about posting protective stones at my job. I did end up placing black tourmaline and quartz in every corner. Today, I found the black tourmaline from one of the corners on the floor, broken in half. So, my questions:

1. Do I have to redo the whole spell casting that I had originally done when placing the stones in the corners or can I just get replacements for the broken stone?
2. Is black tourmaline normally a very soft stone? (I mean, it must have fallen and it was fairly high up, but I didn't expect to come across that.)
3. Should I be worried that my protective casting is defective or won't work as well since I'm down a corner?

Thanks, in advance.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Re: Question About a Gem.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 04:23:27 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;7438

1. Do I have to redo the whole spell casting that I had originally done when placing the stones in the corners or can I just get replacements for the broken stone?

If it were me, I would simply replace the broken stone and feed a bit more energy into the existing spell.  I don't think I'd start over unless something more drastic happened that warranted a do-over (think of the broken stone as a flat tire - you wouldn't replace your entire car for that. You'd fix the damage and move on).

2. Is black tourmaline normally a very soft stone? (I mean, it must have fallen and it was fairly high up, but I didn't expect to come across that.)

No, it ranks about the same as quartz on the Mohs scale.  It is fairly brittle, however.  

On an UPG metaphysical level, I find that black tourmaline is easily damaged/broken with prolonged exposure either high stress or psychic activity.  It's great at negating the effects of those things on people, but it does tend to have a shortened lifespan.  I've had four pieces of black tourmaline break in my office in three years, even though they sit in a protected, quiet spot on a desk.  There's just that much negativity where I work. (YMMV, all, this is just my personal experience with the stone).

3. Should I be worried that my protective casting is defective or won't work as well since I'm down a corner?

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.  Fix the damage as soon as you can, but know that your work is still in place.  While it probably isn't as strong as it was, it should hold up just fine for you.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 04:38:46 pm »
Quote from: Aisling;7448
On an UPG metaphysical level, I find that black tourmaline is easily damaged/broken with prolonged exposure either high stress or psychic activity.  It's great at negating the effects of those things on people, but it does tend to have a shortened lifespan.  I've had four pieces of black tourmaline break in my office in three years, even though they sit in a protected, quiet spot on a desk.  There's just that much negativity where I work. (YMMV, all, this is just my personal experience with the stone).

If that really is the case, then it's really no wonder it broke as quickly as it did.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 04:43:40 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;7454
If that really is the case, then it's really no wonder it broke as quickly as it did.

From what you've said about your work, I'm suprised it lasted this long.  :(

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 08:41:11 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;7454

Wow. You weren't kidding about that place. I remember your post. Did you notice any effects from it all before the stone broke? I hope so.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 09:57:45 pm »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;7514
Wow. You weren't kidding about that place. I remember your post. Did you notice any effects from it all before the stone broke? I hope so.

Almost immediately; yes. The person who was shit-stirring was being investigated by lost and prevention for theft two days after I put up the stones. That helped immensely in (A) my being accepted and (B) the atmosphere easing up considerably. (She hasn't been fired, but she's on her toes.) A bad apple quit, which made things better, too. So, yep, there was a lot of effects going on!

I just bought a replacement stone (and eight more for back up if/when it's need) but I also bought a bunch of stones for repelling negativity--still a fairly large problem between specific employees--and for a calming atmosphere. If you're curious, I chose blue chalcedony and green aventurine.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 03:52:38 am »
Quote from: Aisling;7448

No, it ranks about the same as quartz on the Mohs scale.  It is fairly brittle, however.  

It's the structure that makes it prone to breaking easily:
http://tinyurl.com/3pd7nqo

And even if it is tumbled, in most pieces one can see it:
http://tinyurl.com/3eo687r

(Got the pages just because of the pics. Esp. the first one has got bad informations about gemstones, just saying, so nobody bothers with google translator or so. ;))

So even a not so high fall could split the stone.
That much for the mundane.

Stones can break, or even disappear, if they've had 'it'.
Had that happen to me twice. So I know it's not only an old wives tale. ;)
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 12:01:20 pm »
Quote from: Tana;7609
Stones can break, or even disappear, if they've had 'it'.
Had that happen to me twice. So I know it's not only an old wives tale. ;)

So, they get irritated with the whole thing and take off, huh? That could explain the missing quartz crystal that was keeping the black tourmaline "cleansed."
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 08:26:13 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;7539
Almost immediately; yes. The person who was shit-stirring was being investigated by lost and prevention for theft two days after I put up the stones. That helped immensely in (A) my being accepted and (B) the atmosphere easing up considerably. (She hasn't been fired, but she's on her toes.) A bad apple quit, which made things better, too. So, yep, there was a lot of effects going on!

I just bought a replacement stone (and eight more for back up if/when it's need) but I also bought a bunch of stones for repelling negativity--still a fairly large problem between specific employees--and for a calming atmosphere. If you're curious, I chose blue chalcedony and green aventurine.

So glad to hear it! You are going to turn that place around! Sweet. Sounds like you're well stocked now. Also sounds like the gems were hard at work too.

I haven't had much experience with chalcedony but the green aventurine should go a way in helping build a new vibe there. At least for me, its vibrations are revitalizing.

Continued good luck in this!

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 07:07:27 pm »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;7837
Continued good luck in this!

Thanks!
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

Tags: