collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Shadow People  (Read 3256 times)

coxy123

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Shadow People
« on: January 02, 2013, 11:14:00 am »
Hey everyone

For sometime now I have been seeing dark shadowy shapes in and around my house. Even just seeing them put me on edge but the other night I was woken up be my dog barking at the door to me room. I turned around to see what it was and there it was.

It looked human in shape although it was very tall and shadowy. I freaked out and turned on the light where it disappeared. I haven't seen it since.

What I'm curious about is what caused it to appear in my room when I've only had fleeting visions before. I have never dabbled about in the occult or that sorta stuff so I don't think it angry at me.

Has anyone had an experience like this before and 'dealt' with it? The next day I felt as if I should have tried to help it as I felt as though it was lost...

Thanks for the help
A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have.

And if you haven\'t heard enough!  http://frostsworn.blogspot.co.uk/

Kodi R.

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow People
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 01:11:32 pm »
Quote from: coxy123;88629
Hey everyone

For sometime now I have been seeing dark shadowy shapes in and around my house. Even just seeing them put me on edge but the other night I was woken up be my dog barking at the door to me room. I turned around to see what it was and there it was.

It looked human in shape although it was very tall and shadowy. I freaked out and turned on the light where it disappeared. I haven't seen it since.

What I'm curious about is what caused it to appear in my room when I've only had fleeting visions before. I have never dabbled about in the occult or that sorta stuff so I don't think it angry at me.

Has anyone had an experience like this before and 'dealt' with it? The next day I felt as if I should have tried to help it as I felt as though it was lost...

Thanks for the help

Hello,

I have the same issue with seeing shadow people and shadow figures too. They've been around me since I was thirteen and I still haven't figured out how to get them to go away.

I wish I could offer more help but the truth is, I don't really know anything about them either. Just that I see them and that they scare me.

But just know that you're not alone.

Sometimes, it works for a while to yell at them to go away. I did that and they left for a while. Eventually, they came back but it helped me find some piece.

Recently, I've been seeing a man everywhere. I've nicknamed him the Gray Man because unlike the others, he's entirely gray. He looks like a businessman (briefcase and hat and all) with no face. Entirely gray.

He's never hurt me but I remember being in the hospital and seeing him in my room...he was mad then.

So, I hope we can find some answers...

Forest Lady

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 07:18:24 pm »
Hey everyone

Thanks for the help

Cleansing and protecting you home may help.
We cleansed our home by smudging it with white sage.
Also we hung a braid of sweetgrass at our front door for protection and put salt on our window sills for protection as well. It has helped keep our home safe.

Hope this helps you.
~ Forest Lady ~

Kodi R.

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 11:51:21 pm »
Quote from: Forest Lady;88719
Cleansing and protecting you home may help.
We cleansed our home by smudging it with white sage.
Also we hung a braid of sweetgrass at our front door for protection and put salt on our window sills for protection as well. It has helped keep our home safe.

Hope this helps you.

I know I have tried to smudge my house/room/self with sage before to get these things to go away. It hasn't worked for me.

They might go away for a while, but they end up coming back.

Catherine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 07:48:05 am »
Quote from: Kodi R.;88786
I know I have tried to smudge my house/room/self with sage before to get these things to go away. It hasn't worked for me.

They might go away for a while, but they end up coming back.

Magical housekeeping is a lot like regular housekeeping. You have to keep up with it. Like vacuuming or doing the dishes.

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 02:13:50 pm »
Quote from: Catherine;88837
Magical housekeeping is a lot like regular housekeeping. You have to keep up with it. Like vacuuming or doing the dishes.

Agreed, a single housekeeping only lasts so long.  It helps if you keep a schedule.  For me, it's a thorough cleansing and warding once a season with maintenance as required in between.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

woodhick

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 11:25:19 pm »
Hey everyone

Thanks for the help

I see them often and have since I was really young. Actually everybody in my house growing up seen them then (all 7 of us), always standing on the edge of the beds. All of us thought he or they were males, but as to what they wanted, none of us could figure it out.

I've never got bad vibes from any of the gray shapes I've seen in my houses. Always I've thought of them as spirits that haven't gone on yet for some reason, or ghosts. All the dogs I have had and even my cat has seemed to see them as well, but none of them ever acted fearful of the shapes.
Where the wild things are is where I am most at home." - Kim Antieau

coxy123

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 01:24:54 pm »
Quote from: woodhick;88991
I've never got bad vibes from any of the gray shapes I've seen in my houses.

That's a bit different to the one we have in our house. Only me and my brother have seen it and we both got a sense of really deep dread when we saw him. It was made worse by the way our dog was whimpering as well! The thing that confuses me is what they actually want. I've tried asking him a few time if he needed help but he just went into the light and disappeared.

I might try that cleansing thing. I'm a real novice at stuff like that but it's worth a try!
A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have.

And if you haven\'t heard enough!  http://frostsworn.blogspot.co.uk/

Dark Waters

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 01:40:36 am »
Quote from: coxy123;89738
I might try that cleansing thing. I'm a real novice at stuff like that but it's worth a try!

If you live with your parents they might not take kindly to you wandering the house with burning sage, ask before doing so.

At the very least sprinkle (not pour) salt at the doorways (including closets) and window sills of your room.

A small verbalization of desire while doing so won't hurt. "This is my place, do not enter here without permission." or "A peaceful place to stay, Trouble go away".

Repeat as needed to refresh the barrier.
I\'m living in the Shadows and the Night, wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon\'s fragile light, it frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Dark Waters

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 01:42:31 am »
Quote from: Kodi R.;88642
Hello,
Recently, I've been seeing a man everywhere. I've nicknamed him the Gray Man because unlike the others, he's entirely gray. He looks like a businessman (briefcase and hat and all) with no face. Entirely gray.

He's never hurt me but I remember being in the hospital and seeing him in my room...he was mad then.

So, I hope we can find some answers...

He sounds like he was angry about you being sick/hurt ... more protective than threatening. A guardian spirit?
I\'m living in the Shadows and the Night, wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon\'s fragile light, it frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

EclecticWheel

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christo-Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 06:57:26 pm »
Hey everyone

Thanks for the help

I have not visibly seen the shadow-form you mention, but I have a similar experience.  The first time I became aware of it, I was anxious.  He didn't speak to me until I invited him to, and I realized that it's not a bad entity, it's just dark.  Over time we have become very close.  I consider him a friend and a manifestation of my own shadow.  He plays a role in my rituals and devotions.  Strangely enough, I opened up to a friend about this and found out that her mother had apparently known of the same entity years before I was born.  Others in the house were always aware of it.  She calls him by the same name I do.

You may try talking to it.  I didn't find out why he was there until I invited him to speak.
My personal moral code:

Love wisely, and do what thou wilt.

Ihexia_Rihdan

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 09:56:20 pm »
Hey everyone

Thanks for the help

Yes! Many many times. Sometimes they have been good, sometimes they have been bad. I have been seeing them since I was born I am sure. My mother was always bothered by it and ignored it growing up, though my grandmother claimed I could see the passage of those in the Spirtual Plane. I have seen, heard, watched, and even conversed with many of them in all shapes and sizes. I have seen Humanoid, beastial, demonic, any shape you can imagine. Some of the ones I have seen in my past have given me wisdom, and some have tried to cause me harm. You mustn't be terrified of them, but you must be wary of them.

Tags: