collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Oooh... Prophetic Dreams!!  (Read 1686 times)

AthenaiiseSofia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://finnblack.blogspot.com/
Oooh... Prophetic Dreams!!
« on: December 16, 2012, 06:32:33 pm »
I've had many strange experiences with my dreams. I always dream vividly. I have symbolic dreams, and prophetic dreams- where what I dream literally comes to pass- from time to time, less as I've gotten older. I think we are all psychic to a certain extent, and with practice, we can hone our abilities.

Usually, my "prophetic" dreams have to do with important people and situations in my life. I've dreamt about workplaces in detail when I'd not even applied, nor stepped foot into the place; dreamt of conversations in detail months before they've happened, and the list goes on. But the strangest thing happened to me. I dreamt the outcome of a football game two nights before it happened.

What the heck! We don't even watch football, let alone bet on it or anything. I don't understand why, after years of dreams that are relevant to me- I get this!

So has anyone ever experienced this kind of thing before? Or does anyone have any explanations? Thanks!
"Go then and make of the world something beautiful, set up a light in the darkness." - from Awakening Osiris by Normandi Ellis

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Oooh... Prophetic Dreams!!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 11:48:42 pm »
Quote from: Nuri;85134
Usually, my "prophetic" dreams have to do with important people and situations in my life. I've dreamt about workplaces in detail when I'd not even applied, nor stepped foot into the place; dreamt of conversations in detail months before they've happened, and the list goes on. But the strangest thing happened to me. I dreamt the outcome of a football game two nights before it happened.

What the heck! We don't even watch football, let alone bet on it or anything. I don't understand why, after years of dreams that are relevant to me- I get this!

So has anyone ever experienced this kind of thing before? Or does anyone have any explanations? Thanks!

I used to get the feeling of deja vu a lot, and it did always specifically feel like "I dreamed of this moment before" but whenever I checked my dream diary, I wouldn't be able to find it. I figured that either it really barged in like a momentary flash, in the dream, and it didn't fit the story of the dream so it wouldn't stick when I was trying to remember it-- or, it really is a glitch in my hippocampus.

A few times, for frustratingly unimportant moments, I would not only recall what I dreamed and be able to look it up later... but, I would recall what happened in the rest of the dream. Just two days ago (although it hasn't happened in years) I was sitting in bed with my laptop at my aunt's place, and I overheard a short exchange of words that she was having with my cousin... that I dreamed last year, word for word. In the dream, she then barged in and was shocked and angry about something that I was doing, so when I heard them talking in waking life, I looked around in a panic about what that could be. But, my aunt didn't follow the dream for that moment.

The few times that my dreams could be interpreted as prophetic... it's "could be interpreted as" because it was bogged down with symbolism (so it can hardly count.) For a while, people I knew in waking life would appear in my dreams as pale versions of themselves, or wearing white, and then in waking life would pass away a short time later. And so, I'd start to panic if I dreamed of anything white, even if it were either symbolic of something else this time or just a dream about something white, which also happened, often.

Sooo I gave up on developing this skill :p The subconscious is a wild place.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 12:25:22 am »
Quote from: Nuri;85134

When I was twelve I lived in the LA area and ran away with an older crowd. I was picked up and sent to live with my mom in KC the next day. About a week later I had a dream that two people from the group showed up, I left with them, and my mother was crying. So I wake up, go outside to smoke, and sure enough those two people come around the corner of the drive. Something about my mom crying in the dream made me tell them to come back later, but before they could, they were picked up for grand theft auto. (I was stunned they showed up, but still young enough where I could shrug it off and be all "whatever".)

Because of that dream I met my best friend. A decade and some change later I dreamt that he was carried through a celebration by women in white and I knew it was goodbye. In reality he had hanged himself during that same night.

The only thing that makes sense to me is a) I was given those dreams for a reason and b)my hugr is at work.

Hugr: Spirit, mood, thought. Trollkvena Vindr “the wind of the female magician”: breath. Víghugr “spirit of battle”.

Semantics: Presentiment — “as my hugr tells me”. Affection– “making his hugr race towards individual”. Desire– “placing hugr on a woman”. Thinking– “making his hugr run”.
link

Hugr is like the animus, the piece of you that can leave your body. I've had OBEs where I've walked through my home and seen the time and woken up to have it confirmed. I feel I've had OBEs and met others' hugrs. I've seen my fylgja in dreams, my ancestral hall*, my family tree written like a street map across the world.

I don't think there's a purpose. I just think I've been pretty tenacious about this the last few years and can now begin to identify what's probably happened a lot to myself and others. The sagas are full of stories like this (something like 500 or 800 + dreams recorded), of ordinary people who pay attention to what they see in their dreams, because ancestors, ancestral spirits, and soul will speak through them.

I call things like that the Otherworld a lot but I don't see it as different than this world. We can't see everything in the material world but we all share the same space.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:29:20 am by Juniperberry »
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 11:34:07 pm »
Quote from: triple_entendre;85162
The few times that my dreams could be interpreted as prophetic... it's "could be interpreted as" because it was bogged down with symbolism

Same here. One instance I feel quite strongly was prophetic; I posted the experience here a long time ago, gods only know where, so I'll just describe it again.

I dreamt there was a white-phase gyrfalcon flying in circles around my head. For whatever reason, the dream woke me quite early, so I took the opportunity to vote in that day's NYC mayoral primary election at the crack of dawn and then headed to Central Park to do some bird watching. This was unusual for me; I almost never bird the park in autumn, but since the dream was about a bird, and the weather was promising for a good migration day, I went for it.

That was September 11, 2001.

I was already in the park for an hour or so when the first plane hit, so the dream occurred several hours before the shit hit the fan. It wasn't until a few years later that I realized the dream was prophetic, when I stumbled upon the William Butler Yeats poem "The Second Coming"; as I read it, the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end:

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

I had read the poem before, long ago, and forgotten it; but my subconscious hadn't, and it pulled up that imagery in an attempt to tell me that something monstrous was coming our way. That's really the only time I've experienced something I'd definitively label a prophetic dream.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Tags: