Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Author Topic: what kind of offeings dose the god apollo like ?  (Read 5789 times)

Elvengoddess777

• Sr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
what kind of offeings dose the god apollo like ?
« on: December 01, 2012, 10:21:22 pm »
I have apollo as my spirit guide and i love him to death. I think of him constantly .   I make him food every night and sometimes get him some pretty gemstones.  I really want to know what would be a better offering , i still want to make him food every night but i want to know what he likes . I usually give him a plate of food  and sometimes something to drink with it . What offering do you give him if you do ? i want to know what he likes . :)

Elani Temperance

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.littlewitchmagazine.com
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 07:33:31 am »
Quote from: Elvengoddess777;83033
I have apollo as my spirit guide and i love him to death. I think of him constantly .   I make him food every night and sometimes get him some pretty gemstones.  I really want to know what would be a better offering , i still want to make him food every night but i want to know what he likes . I usually give him a plate of food  and sometimes something to drink with it . What offering do you give him if you do ? i want to know what he likes . :)

Manna incense (crushed Frankincense) comes to mind, diluted wine libations, anything that reminds you of the sun... You'll probably be able to find many hints in that.

Good luck!
Where I ramble on: Baring the Aegis
Where I try to be coherent: Little Witch magazine
My PaganSquare blog as hosted by Witches & Pagans
Hellenic Polytheistic charity circle Pandora\'s Kharis.

Nachtigall

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: what kind of offeings dose the god apollo like ?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 07:36:38 am »

Laurel leaves, frankincense, myrrh, wine, olive oil.

Elvengoddess777

• Sr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 11:58:14 am »
Quote from: Nachtigall;83066
Laurel leaves, frankincense, myrrh, wine, olive oil.

Dose it matter what kind of wine you give him? i dont want to get anything too cheap but i need something i can afford. I used to give him olive oil and i sometimes give him bay leaves but i dont think they are the right kind but its the only kind i can get. I really would like to give him wine but im not sure if it will be good enough.I mostly make him food but i think i want to give him more than that.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:59:12 am by Elvengoddess777 »

Zaphaux

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 12:27:29 pm »

If you don't mind offering him things less tangible, you can write him poems or songs. I mean, if you're good with words, of course.

Elvengoddess777

• Sr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 12:48:44 pm »
Quote from: Zaphaux;83099
If you don't mind offering him things less tangible, you can write him poems or songs. I mean, if you're good with words, of course.

im horrible with words... i wish i could write him poetry and stuff . I try my best to get him things . I do want to meet him but im not sure how. He is my spirit guide but i only heard from him a couple times in the past when i was in trouble. I still want to give him good offerings even so i dont hear from him.I might just give him bay leaves and olive oil and dinner every night. I think that sounds good enough. i hope : (
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:50:26 pm by Elvengoddess777 »

Elani Temperance

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 01:05:28 pm »
Quote from: Elvengoddess777;83090
Dose it matter what kind of wine you give him? i dont want to get anything too cheap but i need something i can afford.

Ancient Hellenic wine was notoriously tempramental, so any wine will do. Diluted red wine is the standard, but white wine is fine as well. I try getting wine and olive oil from Greece.

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 01:52:28 pm »

I find it disturbing that you describe a god as your spirit guide, then talk about him as if he is your kitty cat.  If he is truly guiding you, and you truly want to give him something he himself likes, rather than things you find tasty and pretty, ask him.  Gods don't always answer questions, but guides do tend to guide.

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

Elvengoddess777

• Sr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 02:38:03 pm »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;83112
I find it disturbing that you describe a god as your spirit guide, then talk about him as if he is your kitty cat.  If he is truly guiding you, and you truly want to give him something he himself likes, rather than things you find tasty and pretty, ask him.  Gods don't always answer questions, but guides do tend to guide.

Absent

apollo is not just my spirit guide hes my patron god . The first time i found out  he was  my guide about 2 years ago, how   is  it disturbing to have a god as a guide? most people do .    I make him food to be kind and generous  to him not to feed him like  a animal. Im not trying to be rude or anything.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:42:37 pm by Elvengoddess777 »

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 03:01:10 pm »
Quote from: Elvengoddess777;83115
apollo is not just my spirit guide hes my patron god . The first time i found out  he was  my guide about 2 years ago, how   is  it disturbing to have a god as a guide? most people do .    I make him food to be kind and generous  to him not to feed him like  a animal. Im not trying to be rude or anything.

I didn't say you feed him like an animal - I said you talk about him like a kitty-cat.  Gushing and dismissive in the same breath.  What made you decide he was your patron and your spirit guide?  Did he speak to you?  (and if so, you should definitely ask him about the offerings)  

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

Elani Temperance

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 04:26:41 pm »

Perhaps it would be helpful to keep distinguishing between a spirit guides (which are--generally--not Gods) and Patrons (which are Gods)?

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 06:49:18 pm »

I have to say, as an Apollo devotee, your attitude towards him is .. confusing.

I'm not saying you're wrong.  I don't know.  But I can say that I don't think the Apollo you're talking about/to is the same one I talk to.

The Apollo I know wants from me the fruits of my labor.  That which I DO.  And *I* do the service - he isn't my guide, my buddy, my pet or my pal.  He is the god, I am the human.  It's a close relationship, but the power is VERY much not on my side.

A spirit guide would be much more a relationship of closer to equal, as I usually understand it.

Apollo is the power of civilization, of medicine as plague and cure, of the best and worst of humans living together.  Of order and power and control.  Of exaltation in song and dance, of understanding greater than we are, of science and learning and growth.  Of the power of the group and shared inspiration.

Give your labor.  Give of your strength and power.  Give what you give best to society, and build up those around you as you are in turn built up.  Create more.  Grow.

Give of yourself.  Without that the rest means nothing.

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 07:06:50 pm »
The first time i found out  he was  my guide about 2 years ago, how   is  it disturbing to have a god as a guide? most people do .

Erm, I think too, that a confusing conflating of terms is in progress here.

A deity can guide you, that is right. But the term 'spirit guide' is usually connected to spirit beings, closer to the human-kind. Like animal spirits. Or in some systems orders of beings that have the sole purpose to guide humans.

Saying a god is your spirit guide, feels for me (by comparison) like a writer saying, Neil Gaiman is doing their copy editing. Not that he couldn't do it, but it is not his usual field of occupation, that's what editors are for and I'd suppose Gaiman would have more important stuff to do, than correcting someone's typos.
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Elvengoddess777

• Sr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 08:42:23 pm »
Quote from: Elani Temperance;83137
Perhaps it would be helpful to keep distinguishing between a spirit guides (which are--generally--not Gods) and Patrons (which are Gods)?

i know hes my guide, the first time i found out was about 2 years ago . I was using a pendulum and i made a circle of letters for it to spell out stuff. I asked the pendulum "who is my spirit guide" a name popped in my head " apollo " .It shocked me . I never heard the name before but i thought it sounded nice .I  looked it up online and information about apollo the greek god came up. I then thought a god couldn't be a spirit guide. I then asked the pendulum "what is your last name. I used the circle of letters this time and the pendulum spelled out a name of a statue i never heard of before "belvedere" ( i know this isint his last name because gods dont have last names i think he was trying to show me a statue of him so i would believe it).I looked it up and found the statue and eventually believed it. That is how i found out, if you dont believe me then i cant say much. I know someone who dose have gods as guides and she works with them . I never found out about apollo till i had this  experience.Im not trying to make anything up this is just what i have experienced  .I feel like i really love him and want to make him happy.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:45:01 pm by Elvengoddess777 »

Elvengoddess777

• Sr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 08:47:42 pm »
Quote from: Tana;83154
Erm, I think too, that a confusing conflating of terms is in progress here.

A deity can guide you, that is right. But the term 'spirit guide' is usually connected to spirit beings, closer to the human-kind. Like animal spirits. Or in some systems orders of beings that have the sole purpose to guide humans.

Saying a god is your spirit guide, feels for me (by comparison) like a writer saying, Neil Gaiman is doing their copy editing. Not that he couldn't do it, but it is not his usual field of occupation, that's what editors are for and I'd suppose Gaiman would have more important stuff to do, than correcting someone's typos.

he told me he was my guide, i love him so much. I just want to make him happy. Im really not trying to be rude or anything. : (

Tags: