Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: Three Goddesses Maybe  (Read 3012 times)

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Three Goddesses Maybe
« on: August 26, 2012, 10:47:54 pm »
This summer I have had 3 separate possible encounters with possible deities under three separate circumstances. I have do not know if they are deities or which ones if they might be (I have inklings but am mostly unsure) and hope that perhaps the descriptions will kick out some recognition here so I can look into them further.

One - Occurred while doing dream work. I wasn't asleep so my mind popped her out but it surprised me and continued on into actual dream. I was on a log at a beach and a rather giant old woman appeared beside me. She was twice my size at first and I grew smaller by the second. She was a crone and had on peasant clothing, a stave and a bonnet. Her hair peeked out of her bonnet and was white.

I scurried around her and asked if she was a goddess and she laughed heartily. Then she said, "You are one of mine." And she picked me up and swallowed me whole. I went through her innards and held my breath and then she pooped me out whole. She never stopped laughing and then the entire woods behind us started laughing too. Something from the brush said that I smelled like poop as I went to the water to wash off and I said, "Of course I smell like poop. She pooped me out!" But I left with the distinct impression that I was welcome, like I was back home and happy.

Two: This happened during a type of OBE. I felt like I was lifted to a place in the sky very very far away and there I saw an enormous creature that either became smaller or I became bigger because it shrunk to be a part of another creature and that shrunk into a mass of like creatures and then into the crevice of one link in one finger of a woman the size of a galaxy I guess. Bigger maybe.

She was welcoming and kept saying, "I am life. I am everything." And she was brilliant, like with minerals. I first thought it was glitter but it may have been stars. And she was have intercourse at the time and she indicated that with a sweep of her hand as she kept repeating her two simple sentences. She wanted me to see this and that was clear to me. I thought I'd worried about the astral dress code for nothing and she heard me think it and I felt whimsy from her.

For the next several days it felt like she was in my head a bit and showing me things in the world around me. It was so pervasive in my thoughts that I said,"She showed me ..." this or that to others and often during the following days felt as if I was to observe things in nature around me very carefully because I was being taught.

Three: After having a migraine that gave me nausea and kept me awake (very rare for me), I took some ibuprofen or aspirin, don't remember which and went to bed asking that I not be bothered because the pain would prohibit me from learning or behaving in any proper fashion. (Not at all rare for me to talk to whoever might listen.)

I slept peacefully for a few hours but woke in great pain. I tried to go to my circle garden in my head as there I have found peace and energy that seems to heal. But there were trees I had not planted yet there and the rock in the center would not hold me as it kept changing. I stood aside and a young woman appeared there and was working at the rock that had become a stone table for her. She had a chalice and was putting things into it and making motions over it. She did not speak.

She had on a dress, an apron and a kind of half bonnet. Her hair was light brownish and she was fair. When she was done with her chalice she hastend to me and gave it to me by pushing it to my lips. I drank it fully and she seemed satisfied. I sat down on the retaining wall I have yet to build and asked her who she was. She did not answer.

I asked her if she was Hekate and said she didn't look like any image of Hekate that I'd ever seen. Then she morphed into an image of Hekate I have seen on a vase painting. She had two long torches that were unlit and she used them like weapons in her movements which were amusing to me and to her by her expression. She had some good moves. I wiped my forehead and during that wipe she disappeared as did the trees. The stone had returned to a stone and I was sitting in the dirt then back in my bed. I rolled over and slept then. Exhausted.

I woke a few hours later without headache and with a kind of clean slated mindset that I have used to prepare for work. It was quite the revitalizing draft she gave me. I wish I knew who she was or sure. I got an image of a word when I woke that day: "initiation" and it has stuck in my mind and brings about more questions of course.

There have been more strange things that have happened in or around that circle spot too, but too much to go into in full. But one thing might be related is that I buried a candle I'd lit for Hekate there, but after waking that day I went out to examine the spot and it looked like some animal had been digging where I buried the candle under a rock. So moved the rock, dug it up and lit a new one to Hekate inside. Just felt like the right thing to do. But I am still unsure. It was a new moon, and knowing that should firm things up for me, but I am still wonky about it due to the way she appeared at first and her oft reported working form afar. This was not afar. This was friendly and close. All of them were really, friendly that is, even if something strange was going on. They even laughed at my joking.

So this was long. Sorry about that. Anybody have any ideas about any of these entities?

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Three Goddesses Maybe
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:42:25 pm »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;70843
Anybody have any ideas about any of these entities?

What struck me about the appearances of the spirits is that they were "going backwards" in age, and they all took place in extremely significant areas--the sea for One, the sky/stars for Two, and the land for Three.

I'm not sure if they match any deities, but One immediately reminded me of how people describe the sea as "swallowing/devouring" things. Given that this instance was relatively positive and you got through it literally unscathed, maybe it's a sign that you've got a grip on your emotions/unconscious. Or maybe the literal sea is trying to contact you ("You are one of mine") and start a relationship.

For Two, how she showed you things reminded me of the expression "a bird's-eye view"--where you see everything from a distance. But after contacting her, you didn't look at things from a bird's-eye view at all; you homed in on them and got all the details. Maybe she's telling you to "get off your high horse," although in this case it's so you can see everything better.

Three might not be Hekate at all, since she only took that appearance when you asked. (MIGHT not, not "isn't.") I have no idea who she is, but very telling details are that it took place at the new moon; to my knowledge, the new moon is a good time to "initiate" people as it symbolizes the growth of potential/education. Also, you think an animal disturbed the spot. Why is that? Are there any tracks, or is it because you're the only family member who tends to the spot?

Maybe you should take a look the area and try to find tracks, leavings, or fur, or at least see if the animal comes again.
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:02:44 am »
Quote from: Sharysa;70850
What struck me about the appearances of the spirits is that they were "going backwards" in age, and they all took place in extremely significant areas--the sea for One, the sky/stars for Two, and the land for Three.

And crone, mother, maiden too. I have wondered if they were all one. But they are so different.

For Two, how she showed you things reminded me of the expression "a bird's-eye view"--where you see everything from a distance.

Funny you should say that. A hawk had been about much during this time and even let me get some good pics of it.

Also, you think an animal disturbed the spot. Why is that? Are there any tracks, or is it because you're the only family member who tends to the spot?

Maybe you should take a look the area and try to find tracks, leavings, or fur, or at least see if the animal comes again.

There are groundhogs and skunks about and they have good noses. There were traces of oils on the candle I'm sure, but it struck me as odd  in their timing. I am the only human that tends the area.

Hey, thanks for your input! I appreciate the time you took. It was a load to read!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:03:02 am by Annie Roonie »

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 12:33:47 am »
This summer I have had 3 separate possible encounters with possible deities under three separate circumstances. I have do not know if they are deities or which ones if they might be (I have inklings but am mostly unsure) and hope that perhaps the descriptions will kick out some recognition here so I can look into them further.

Very intense Annie! I'm not sure I have anything to add but I just hope you realize how blessed you are to have had such deep experiences.
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

wadjet

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://eirikra.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 02:53:00 pm »

The swallowing crone reminded me of Baba Yaga, but there's also some other goddess that won't come to mind.

There are a number of glittering Goddesses. Theia, the Titan mother of Selene; Nuit, the star-covered Egyptian goddess of the sky. The latter is what came to mind for me in your description.

For the third, I know there are goddess with chalices, but I can't think of any off the top of my head, because I coincidentally have a headache too. :whis: Have you tried asking Hekate for a confirmation? (Or perhaps one of the other goddesses associated with her?)

NibbleKat

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://nibblekat.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 03:45:38 pm »
Quote from: wadjet;70946
The swallowing crone reminded me of Baba Yaga, but there's also some other goddess that won't come to mind.

There are a number of glittering Goddesses. Theia, the Titan mother of Selene; Nuit, the star-covered Egyptian goddess of the sky. The latter is what came to mind for me in your description.

For the third, I know there are goddess with chalices, but I can't think of any off the top of my head, because I coincidentally have a headache too. :whis: Have you tried asking Hekate for a confirmation? (Or perhaps one of the other goddesses associated with her?)

You know, I thought of Baba Yaga, too, even though I don't remember reading anything about swallowing ... except for when she eats little children.
I do altar art, icons, and pagan art!
http://nibblekat.deviantart.com
Ask if you\'re interested.

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 04:09:27 pm »

I wasn't going to reply to this because its going to be from a purely Germanic perspective (and that gets old), but what the hell. A lot of this could be seen across IE cultures anyway.

Seperation:
One - Occurred while doing dream work. I wasn't asleep so my mind popped her out but it surprised me and continued on into actual dream. I was on a log at a beach and a rather giant old woman appeared beside me. She was twice my size at first and I grew smaller by the second. She was a crone and had on peasant clothing, a stave and a bonnet. Her hair peeked out of her bonnet and was white.

The pattern of the fairy tale is separation, initiation, return... and that sounds a bit like what you experienced. (Which makes me wonder if we map out our own mental fairy tales now that they've "lost" their complex social relevance to Disney.)

I, too, was reminded of Baba Yaga but also of the Marchen of Frau Holda. She's connected to bodies of water (many in southern Germania are stilled named after her) through the fact that she either lives beside one kn a mountain or beneath the water. Either way, she's outside the village and part of the goddess of the wild. She's also connected to children, whom follow her or that she adopts.

I scurried around her and asked if she was a goddess and she laughed heartily. Then she said, "You are one of mine." And she picked me up and swallowed me whole. I went through her innards and held my breath and then she pooped me out whole. She never stopped laughing and then the entire woods behind us started laughing too. Something from the brush said that I smelled like poop as I went to the water to wash off and I said, "Of course I smell like poop. She pooped me out!" But I left with the distinct impression that I was welcome, like I was back home and happy.

Frau Holda has been said to soil the household with her excrement if the domestic duties aren't met. I'm not saying your experience was a punishment just that she's been known to use poop. :p

What it really reminds me of though is the girl who fell down the well into Frau Holda's meadow. Later she returns back and the cock says something like, "there's the golden girl, now all clean and new." (You fell into the woman and then bathed yourself clean.)

Initiation:
Two: This happened during a type of OBE. I felt like I was lifted to a place in the sky very very far away and there I saw an enormous creature that either became smaller or I became bigger because it shrunk to be a part of another creature and that shrunk into a mass of like creatures and then into the crevice of one link in one finger of a woman the size of a galaxy I guess. Bigger maybe.

She was welcoming and kept saying, "I am life. I am everything." And she was brilliant, like with minerals. I first thought it was glitter but it may have been stars. And she was have intercourse at the time and she indicated that with a sweep of her hand as she kept repeating her two simple sentences. She wanted me to see this and that was clear to me. I thought I'd worried about the astral dress code for nothing and she heard me think it and I felt whimsy from her.

For the next several days it felt like she was in my head a bit and showing me things in the world around me. It was so pervasive in my thoughts that I said,"She showed me ..." this or that to others and often during the following days felt as if I was to observe things in nature around me very carefully because I was being taught.

Frau Holda is also a celestial being. She sits in the heavens and shakes her pillows to make snow fall. She's also strongly connected to spinning and the big dipper was once called Frigga's staff (Scandinavian). In Germany there are regional variations of the Holda figure to include Frikka.

Return:
Three: After having a migraine that gave me nausea and kept me awake (very rare for me), I took some ibuprofen or aspirin, don't remember which and went to bed asking that I not be bothered because the pain would prohibit me from learning or behaving in any proper fashion. (Not at all rare for me to talk to whoever might listen.)

I slept peacefully for a few hours but woke in great pain. I tried to go to my circle garden in my head as there I have found peace and energy that seems to heal. But there were trees I had not planted yet there and the rock in the center would not hold me as it kept changing. I stood aside and a young woman appeared there and was working at the rock that had become a stone table for her. She had a chalice and was putting things into it and making motions over it. She did not speak.

She had on a dress, an apron and a kind of half bonnet. Her hair was light brownish and she was fair. When she was done with her chalice she hastend to me and gave it to me by pushing it to my lips. I drank it fully and she seemed satisfied. I sat down on the retaining wall I have yet to build and asked her who she was. She did not answer.

I asked her if she was Hekate and said she didn't look like any image of Hekate that I'd ever seen. Then she morphed into an image of Hekate I have seen on a vase painting. She had two long torches that were unlit and she used them like weapons in her movements which were amusing to me and to her by her expression. She had some good moves. I wiped my forehead and during that wipe she disappeared as did the trees. The stone had returned to a stone and I was sitting in the dirt then back in my bed. I rolled over and slept then. Exhausted.

I woke a few hours later without headache and with a kind of clean slated mindset that I have used to prepare for work. It was quite the revitalizing draft she gave me. I wish I knew who she was or sure. I got an image of a word when I woke that day: "initiation" and it has stuck in my mind and brings about more questions of course.

There have been more strange things that have happened in or around that circle spot too, but too much to go into in full. But one thing might be related is that I buried a candle I'd lit for Hekate there, but after waking that day I went out to examine the spot and it looked like some animal had been digging where I buried the candle under a rock. So moved the rock, dug it up and lit a new one to Hekate inside. Just felt like the right thing to do. But I am still unsure. It was a new moon, and knowing that should firm things up for me, but I am still wonky about it due to the way she appeared at first and her oft reported working form afar. This was not afar. This was friendly and close. All of them were really, friendly that is, even if something strange was going on. They even laughed at my joking.

So this was long. Sorry about that. Anybody have any ideas about any of these entities?

I'm not sure with this third one. I do know that IE cultures had a sacred role for the cup-bearer and the drink of wisdom. Usually it's provided by a supernatural or human attendant.

A big theme in all of the things that I mentioned is womanly maturity, either sexually or through social/domestic duty. I don't know if that's something you feel.is going on or if any of this triggers anything but there's my thoughts on it anyhow.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:10:48 pm by Juniperberry »
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

SkySamuelle

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 05:09:14 pm »

Nut! She is the only one goddess I know that was told to be laying on top of Geb and continually having intercourse. She was also pictured as  naked woman whose body was  covered in stars and She herself covered -and was, i think- the sky, stretching upon and above the hearth, which would explain whle the observing from above thing in your OBE.

Last image has thinking me of Hebe, the cup-bearer of Olympus and goddess of youth... - She served ambrosia to gods, and through that nectar She was told to grant Them the same eternal youth. But it also makes me to think of the Queen Of Cups of the tarot- maybe you might try working with that archetype and see who answers back? Different people have associated different goddesses and spirits with the queen of cups, but her realm should be intuition and emotion and receptivity - the mastery of those qualities...

The particular of her torches being unlit and She using them like weapons for amusement also makes me to think She was possibly hinting humorously that She was not Hekate. Maybe Brighid?
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 05:47:25 pm »
Quote from: wadjet;70946

I hope your head feels better now or very soon!

Thanks for these! Will look into them.

Quote from: NibbleKat;70950
You know, I thought of Baba Yaga, too, even though I don't remember reading anything about swallowing ... except for when she eats little children.

That's two Baba Yagas. I got really small maybe there's something there with the little children thing.

Thank you!

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 05:49:30 pm »
Quote from: Fireof9;70858
Very intense Annie! I'm not sure I have anything to add but I just hope you realize how blessed you are to have had such deep experiences.

I do realize what a different summer this has been regarding spirituality for me and these interactions, if they were interactions and not simply my mind pumping out symbolism. But either way, I do feel glad to have things to investigate.

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 06:01:24 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;70962
I wasn't going to reply to this because its going to be from a purely Germanic perspective (and that gets old), but what the hell. A lot of this could be seen across IE cultures anyway.

I am glad to have this perspective. My father's side is purely German as far as we can tell. Ancestry has been done by one aunt back the mid 1700s.

Seperation:
The pattern of the fairy tale is separation, initiation, return... and that sounds a bit like what you experienced. (Which makes me wonder if we map out our own mental fairy tales now that they've "lost" their complex social relevance to Disney.

I, too, was reminded of Baba Yaga but also of the Marchen of Frau Holda. She's connected to bodies of water (many in southern Germania are stilled named after her) through the fact that she either lives beside one kn a mountain or beneath the water. Either way, she's outside the village and part of the goddess of the wild. She's also connected to children, whom follow her or that she adopts.

Frau Holda has been said to soil the household with her excrement if the domestic duties aren't met. I'm not saying your experience was a punishment just that she's been known to use poop. :p

What it really reminds me of though is the girl who fell down the well into Frau Holda's meadow. Later she returns back and the cock says something like, "there's the golden girl, now all clean and new." (You fell into the woman and then bathed yourself clean.)

Frau Holda as you describe her here resonates with me due to family lines. My father's side is from Baden Baden and that's a bit south.

Initiation:
Frau Holda is also a celestial being. She sits in the heavens and shakes her pillows to make snow fall. She's also strongly connected to spinning and the big dipper was once called Frigga's staff (Scandinavian). In Germany there are regional variations of the Holda figure to include Frikka.

Return:
I'm not sure with this third one. I do know that IE cultures had a sacred role for the cup-bearer and the drink of wisdom. Usually it's provided by a supernatural or human attendant.

A big theme in all of the things that I mentioned is womanly maturity, either sexually or through social/domestic duty. I don't know if that's something you feel.is going on or if any of this triggers anything but there's my thoughts on it anyhow.

Well, I sure had to change up my ways of doing things and clean up as far as getting organized. Had to enter a more tidy kind of mindset.

I like the way you separated them and really appreciate the time you took. I am very curious now about Frau Holda. And yeah, womanly maturity things are going on and more through the social/domestic duty.

Thank you. I had no idea of her and it seems like a good lead to me!

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 06:11:22 pm »
Quote from: SkySamuelle;70976
Nut! She is the only one goddess I know that was told to be laying on top of Geb and continually having intercourse. She was also pictured as  naked woman whose body was  covered in stars and She herself covered -and was, i think- the sky, stretching upon and above the hearth, which would explain whle the observing from above thing in your OBE.

Nut is Nuit, right? So there's two for that and I read a blog post of Darkhawk's a bit back about her and it made me curious even then. I have already done a tiny bit of investigation due to that, but I think more is due now. What little I've read is intriguing, so I am apt to read more.

Quote from: SkySamuelle;70976
Last image has thinking me of Hebe, the cup-bearer of Olympus and goddess of youth... - She served ambrosia to gods, and through that nectar She was told to grant Them the same eternal youth. But it also makes me to think of the Queen Of Cups of the tarot- maybe you might try working with that archetype and see who answers back? Different people have associated different goddesses and spirits with the queen of cups, but her realm should be intuition and emotion and receptivity - the mastery of those qualities...

The particular of her torches being unlit and She using them like weapons for amusement also makes me to think She was possibly hinting humorously that She was not Hekate. Maybe Brighid?

Definitely going to do some tarot work as suggested and ask some questions. Good idea. Also I may ask Hekate as suggested earlier, but I think you are right about the humorous hinting. It just didn't seem to fit Hekate.

I have thought of Brighid but I know very little about her so there is another good lead to investigate. Thank you for that and for you time in responding.

I do not think I will be the worse for wear in researching all of these from different pantheons. At the very least I will be more educated about them all and that's a win.

Another thanks to everyone. This has helped me get some clues!

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 06:18:05 pm »
Anybody have any ideas about any of these entities?

The second one made me think really strongly of the Star Goddess of the Feri Tradition.

I don't have anything useful on the other two, though I'd vaguely been thinking northern-European-ish for the first even before I read JB's contribution, and for the third I thought of Hekate at the beginning but as I read more I thought not.  (Which doesn't mean she's not, just that I didn't think so - but this is about what fits in your head, not mine.)

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 06:51:56 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;71007
The second one made me think really strongly of the Star Goddess of the Feri Tradition.

I don't have anything useful on the other two, though I'd vaguely been thinking northern-European-ish for the first even before I read JB's contribution, and for the third I thought of Hekate at the beginning but as I read more I thought not.  (Which doesn't mean she's not, just that I didn't think so - but this is about what fits in your head, not mine.)

Sunflower

The Star Goddess of the Feri Tradition is one I am very curious about and have read some about it online. I have 2 books to read for that coming soon. I did do some reading prior to that experience, and have thought that it may have influenced me, so I wanted to get some more viewpoints that weren't mine and see if other things fit. I am still very drawn to research that tradition, and want to double check with other possible fits in case maybe I was doing some unintended wish projection. I like to think I am objective, but I know that's very difficult to be sometimes especially with things that take the breath away.

Yeah, about Hekate, I could stretch it to fit but it just doesn't feel right in this instance. I did have her in my mind for quite a few months there and nothing about that vibe then resonated with the woman in the circle. I just didn't have any other Goddesses in mind at the time and even in asking if she was Hekate made me think that she wasn't and maybe at some level I knew it. I have thought removing the candle I had buried there felt like the right thing to do because it may be a place for something else.

Thanks for responding!

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 08:12:31 pm »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;71000
I am glad to have this perspective. My father's side is purely German as far as we can tell. Ancestry has been done by one aunt back the mid 1700s.

Frau Holda as you describe her here resonates with me due to family lines. My father's side is from Baden Baden and that's a bit south.

Well, I sure had to change up my ways of doing things and clean up as far as getting organized. Had to enter a more tidy kind of mindset.

I like the way you separated them and really appreciate the time you took. I am very curious now about Frau Holda. And yeah, womanly maturity things are going on and more through the social/domestic duty.

Thank you. I had no idea of her and it seems like a good lead to me!

No problem. And I meant to say "Frigga's distaff" earlier. Oops.

Here are a couple of pdfs you might like on Holda:

Frau Holle: In the Marchen and Beyond. An analysis of the figure Frau Holle in the Grimm's brothers fairytale and Germanic mythology .

The Winter Goddess: Perchta, Holda, and Related Figures
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:13:01 pm by Juniperberry »
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

Tags: