Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Need Appropriate Spells/Charms for Addiction  (Read 5430 times)

evewitch

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Need Appropriate Spells/Charms for Addiction
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:14:30 pm »
I apologize for this being my first post (rather than a standard introduction), but the issue is weighing on me and I am short on time until later today.

My husband is an alcoholic. He is also bipolar and OCD (heavy emphasis on racing thoughts) with a strong tendency to summer mania/psychosis. He does not agree that his alcohol use is excessive and he does not believe in mainstream medicine or psychiatry (ie. the disorder names I gave are not "officially" diagnosed).

The research material I have access to has no usable information on healing spells or charms that focus on addiction specifically. Any thoughts?

More background:

Yes, I will be performing any spellwork without his consent. Although this does not violate my beliefs, I realize that many have a problem with this. Consider that the alternative is for me to involuntarily commit him to a mental health facility. I think spellwork is a bit more benign. :cool:

Consider me an intermediate practitioner. I rarely perform spells or rituals and have to look everything up. However, I am well read. I also have an advanced ability to use energy without formal spells. Ordinarily that is what I would do, but I am exhausted and need more structure to help me out.

Nathaniel

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Need Appropriate Spells/Charms for Addiction
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 04:48:58 pm »
Quote from: evewitch;4818
I apologize for this being my first post (rather than a standard introduction), but the issue is weighing on me and I am short on time until later today.

My husband is an alcoholic. He is also bipolar and OCD (heavy emphasis on racing thoughts) with a strong tendency to summer mania/psychosis. He does not agree that his alcohol use is excessive and he does not believe in mainstream medicine or psychiatry (ie. the disorder names I gave are not "officially" diagnosed).

The research material I have access to has no usable information on healing spells or charms that focus on addiction specifically. Any thoughts?

More background:

Yes, I will be performing any spellwork without his consent. Although this does not violate my beliefs, I realize that many have a problem with this. Consider that the alternative is for me to involuntarily commit him to a mental health facility. I think spellwork is a bit more benign. :cool:

Consider me an intermediate practitioner. I rarely perform spells or rituals and have to look everything up. However, I am well read. I also have an advanced ability to use energy without formal spells. Ordinarily that is what I would do, but I am exhausted and need more structure to help me out.

Use something heavy to cause a weigh/tie down to apropriate ethics/what to do and what not to do given.  Include a sigil linked that you can focus on later.  Use this yourself and focus the sigil on him throughout the day.  Use a sheet or beadspread (use several sheets) to supress the idea and 'cover' it up from thoughts.  Put the heavy weighing object on the sheets and hold a visualization of the sigil on it for a good three minutes and at some spit to glue down the sigil to it.  Hold thought on the sigil throughout the day to feed the spell.

Have some bread laid out to soak up remaining alcohol in the thoughts (and perhaps shorten detox), and wash his clothes of all alcohol thought forms.  

Cut off split ends if he has them, and visualize the seperation of him and bottles/cans.

Get a stick and make a knotch on both ends (one you can break in half), - one knotch him and the other alcohol.  Visualize both knotches running away from each other and when it gets strong break the stick in half.  Bury one half and burn the other.

That's me thinking.

Edit -- Hell, you could even slip in a piece of paper into the sheets where it's written boldly an idea (lots help - grants more thought forms that seperate the two) that keeps him away from alcohol.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:51:50 pm by Nathaniel »

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 08:28:26 pm »
Quote from: evewitch;4818
Consider that the alternative is for me to involuntarily commit him to a mental health facility. I think spellwork is a bit more benign. :cool:

Actually, I don't think spellwork is more benign at all.  

Consider - you have diagnosed him without training and are preparing to do invasive spellwork on him, also without training and without his knowledge.  Doing unfamiliar spells and rituals on the advice of strangers on the internet - might as well slip the medical drugs that match your diagnosis into his food and drink - same culpability, same arrogance, same ego.

At least if you had him committed (and, really, it's not as easy as going in and saying 'I'm his wife - lock him up') he would be seen by people who have studied addiction, mental disorder, brain chemistry issues, etc. and have numerous resources at their disposal.

Provided he accepted their help.  Which is the issue here.  You are trying to take that choice away from him.  That effectively makes any spellwork you do on him poison, whether it seems to help or not.  How much do you need to control him?  Isn't your choice basically convince him to seek help, accept him as he is, or leave?  Would you stay with someone if you discovered they had abrogated you autonomy so thoroughly?

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

evewitch

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 10:17:31 am »
Quote from: Nathaniel;4860
Use something heavy to cause a weigh/tie down to apropriate ethics/what to do and what not to do given.  Include a sigil linked that you can focus on later.  Use this yourself and focus the sigil on him throughout the day.  Use a sheet or beadspread (use several sheets) to supress the idea and 'cover' it up from thoughts.  Put the heavy weighing object on the sheets and hold a visualization of the sigil on it for a good three minutes and at some spit to glue down the sigil to it.  Hold thought on the sigil throughout the day to feed the spell.

Have some bread laid out to soak up remaining alcohol in the thoughts (and perhaps shorten detox), and wash his clothes of all alcohol thought forms.  

Cut off split ends if he has them, and visualize the seperation of him and bottles/cans.

Get a stick and make a knotch on both ends (one you can break in half), - one knotch him and the other alcohol.  Visualize both knotches running away from each other and when it gets strong break the stick in half.  Bury one half and burn the other.

That's me thinking.

Edit -- Hell, you could even slip in a piece of paper into the sheets where it's written boldly an idea (lots help - grants more thought forms that seperate the two) that keeps him away from alcohol.

Thank you for the suggestions. I think I like the stick one the best, and will probably start with that.

evewitch

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 10:33:26 am »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;4965

Consider - you have diagnosed him without training and are preparing to do invasive spellwork on him, also without training and without his knowledge.  Doing unfamiliar spells and rituals on the advice of strangers on the internet - might as well slip the medical drugs that match your diagnosis into his food and drink - same culpability, same arrogance, same ego.

I didn't say I had no training. I have the training and research, but not the license. If I did have the license, I would still not be able to make an "official diagnosis" of a family member, which violates the requirements of allopathic medicine.

At least if you had him committed (and, really, it's not as easy as going in and saying 'I'm his wife - lock him up') he would be seen by people who have studied addiction, mental disorder, brain chemistry issues, etc. and have numerous resources at their disposal.

Actually, in this state (North Carolina, US) it is exactly that easy. The remainder of this is addressed by my comment above.

Provided he accepted their help.  Which is the issue here.  You are trying to take that choice away from him.  That effectively makes any spellwork you do on him poison, whether it seems to help or not.  How much do you need to control him?  Isn't your choice basically convince him to seek help, accept him as he is, or leave?  Would you stay with someone if you discovered they had abrogated you autonomy so thoroughly?

Absent

Yes, I am trying to take that choice away from him, at least temporarily. We have been married for 13 years. I value my commitments, including the portion of our ceremony that included the "for better or for worse" clause. "In sickness and in health" also applies. I am not an oathbreaker.

He has shining, lucid moments when he is himself. He also has horrible moments,  in his manic phases (rather than depressive) and with the help of copious amounts of alcohol, when he is a danger to himself and everyone around him.

Given the choice between helping him heal and throwing him away, I choose healing, even without his consent. My hope is that he will regain the ability to make rational choices for himself. If he then chooses to regress again, then I will have to decide accordingly.

Also, I should clarify that I don't see the alcoholism as the primary problem. It is merely the primary catalyst. I actually think the bipolar disorder takes precedence in order of severity. I could probably address that with some sort of balance spells. Maybe a little research in that direction is in order.

Bugscuttle

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 05:05:36 pm »
Quote from: evewitch;5437

He has shining, lucid moments when he is himself. He also has horrible moments,  in his manic phases (rather than depressive) and with the help of copious amounts of alcohol, when he is a danger to himself and everyone around him.

Given the choice between helping him heal and throwing him away, I choose healing, even without his consent. My hope is that he will regain the ability to make rational choices for himself. If he then chooses to regress again, then I will have to decide accordingly.

Also, I should clarify that I don't see the alcoholism as the primary problem. It is merely the primary catalyst. I actually think the bipolar disorder takes precedence in order of severity. I could probably address that with some sort of balance spells. Maybe a little research in that direction is in order.

As a Pagan in recovery AND someone intimately familiar with BiPolar Disorder, I have to speak.  Although benign magick - supportive, healing, etc. would be not just moral but totally called for in this situation, it is not enough.

The addictive Bipolar person needs professional health - allopathic or not.  I rarely have much use for allopathic medicine or psychiatry, there are some cases where their expertise is needed.  The mood swings have to be controlled BUT the drinking also has to stop - simultaneously.  Not a small order, I know.

I have been brought back from the brink by Twelve Step groups.  It took me over 23 years for that to happen, but it does work.

I wish you both the best, truly.  I know how hard it is.

Just know there is support for you - both.  Support groups are everywhere, you just need to reach out.  That can be a very big first step for anyone.
I will keep a positive thought for you.

evewitch

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 09:41:02 am »
Quote from: Bugscuttle;7460
As a Pagan in recovery AND someone intimately familiar with BiPolar Disorder, I have to speak.  Although benign magick - supportive, healing, etc. would be not just moral but totally called for in this situation, it is not enough.

The addictive Bipolar person needs professional health - allopathic or not.  I rarely have much use for allopathic medicine or psychiatry, there are some cases where their expertise is needed.  The mood swings have to be controlled BUT the drinking also has to stop - simultaneously.  Not a small order, I know.

I have been brought back from the brink by Twelve Step groups.  It took me over 23 years for that to happen, but it does work.

I wish you both the best, truly.  I know how hard it is.

Just know there is support for you - both.  Support groups are everywhere, you just need to reach out.  That can be a very big first step for anyone.
I will keep a positive thought for you.

Thank you for the insight and support. :)

evewitch

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 09:46:58 am »
Quote from: Nathaniel;4860

So I guess I am procrastinating just a bit. I have not done this yet. First I decided that the dark moon would be the most appropriate time to do it - right after it had passed. I puttered around, doing some internal work, cleansing the house, attempting standard (non-magical) communication, putting my foot down, etc.

Some improvement has occurred on it's own. In fact, if yesterday is any indication, a 180 degree reversal has occurred. I think I know better than to trust that, but I am trying.

Dark moon will come again, and with it another opportunity to perform one of my only physically executed spells/rituals. :cool:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:38:10 pm by SunflowerP »

rawtruth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 06:48:37 am »
For a charm I would use Amethyst as
( The name comes from the Ancient Greek ἀ a- ("not") and μέθυστος methustos ("intoxicated"), a reference to the belief that the stone protected its owner from drunkenness. The ancient Greeks and Romans wore amethyst and made drinking vessels of it in the belief that it would prevent intoxication.)

however alcoholism is probably Beyond they scope of magic and charms alone to cure

Nathaniel

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 09:26:21 pm »
Quote from: evewitch;11670
So I guess I am procrastinating just a bit. I have not done this yet. First I decided that the dark moon would be the most appropriate time to do it - right after it had passed. I puttered around, doing some internal work, cleansing the house, attempting standard (non-magical) communication, putting my foot down, etc.

Some improvement has occurred on it's own. In fact, if yesterday is any indication, a 180 degree reversal has occurred. I think I know better than to trust that, but I am trying.

Dark moon will come again, and with it another opportunity to perform one of my only physically executed spells/rituals. :cool:

I hope the spell helps!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:39:28 pm by SunflowerP »

Nathaniel

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 12:18:36 am »
The
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;4965

Absent
It's been said that doing any spell or healing without permission or consent is a curse.  In the aura, they look like an 'X'.  As well, the X can be used intentionally to curse or rid something.

With healing,  you can be safe using reiki and other healing energies. They know what to do and where to flow.

I myself use DISR, reiki, and other healing energies that i channel during a healing.  This way,  I work with the guides to direct the healing. They know where to focus on.  This protects against intentional or accidental harm.

I have to add that strong healing brings up buried issues and gives a chance to heal the root of the problem. Healing the root problem can ensure the issue won't come back.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:28:26 am by Nathaniel »

Nathaniel

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 12:54:01 am »
Quote from: Nathaniel;172422
The
It's been said that doing any spell or healing without permission or consent is a curse.  In the aura, they look like an 'X'.  As well, the X can be used intentionally to curse or rid something.

With healing,  you can be safe using reiki and other healing energies. They know what to do and where to flow.

I myself use DISR, reiki, and other healing energies that i channel during a healing.  This way,  I work with the guides to direct the healing. They know where to focus on.  This protects against intentional or accidental harm.

I have to add that strong healing brings up buried issues and gives a chance to heal the root of the problem. Healing the root problem can ensure the issue won't come back.

I have to add that I feel medical help is a good thing with psychic healing. They can be used together.

Benzomanz

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 09:25:54 pm »
Quote from: Nathaniel;172425
I have to add that I feel medical help is a good thing with psychic healing. They can be used together.

You do realize the OP in this thread is almost four years ago? :confused:

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 11:16:14 pm »
Quote from: Benzomanz;172622

Very likely, since Nathaniel was also posting in it when it was new.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Nathaniel

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 01:21:55 am »
Quote from: Benzomanz;172622

Oh no!  I hope I didn't break the rules!

Tags: