Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: Grounding centering shielding guided meditations  (Read 3890 times)

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Grounding centering shielding guided meditations
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:24:52 am »
I used to be great at concentrating and working through a visualisation in my head, even if I'd read it from a book. But these last few years I'm finding it harder and harder.

I have so much going on, I just figure to get me on a roll it might be a good idea to start back at the beginning and work on using some guided meditations, cliqued as they are. I've some good books to get me restarted on centering, grounding, shielding again, but I just can't make it work in my head right now.

So my reason for posting... Wanted the opinion of a group of diverse people. Does anyone have any idea of some good guided mediations (cd/mp3) for grounding centering and shielding. There are so many possibilities out there it's a minefield and I don't want to end up spending money on something fluffy.

Thanks for taking the time to read.:)
Guided be the hand and mind
[/FONT]

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Grounding centering shielding guided meditations
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 02:16:54 pm »
Quote from: Arcadia;67605
I used to be great at concentrating and working through a visualisation in my head, even if I'd read it from a book. But these last few years I'm finding it harder and harder.

Have you tried reading the descriptions/steps out loud or recording them on tape yourself?

The act of reading/speaking out loud can often help clear things up because you're hearing it instead of just seeing the words on paper or a screen.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:18:07 pm by Sharysa »
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 05:35:21 pm »

So my reason for posting... Wanted the opinion of a group of diverse people. Does anyone have any idea of some good guided mediations (cd/mp3) for grounding centering and shielding. There are so many possibilities out there it's a minefield and I don't want to end up spending money on something fluffy.

I haven't sampled this one: Meditation Oasis. There is a podcast for free on iTunes and #35 is called "Grounding Meditation."

I may try it soon. I like free, but someone with more experience with the cd/mp3 would probably have better recs.

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:19:56 am »
Quote from: Sharysa;67650
Have you tried reading the descriptions/steps out loud or recording them on tape yourself?

The act of reading/speaking out loud can often help clear things up because you're hearing it instead of just seeing the words on paper or a screen.

Yes I've tried. Just got so much on my mind right now and not well, I can't seem to concentrate.

If I couldn't find anything pre recorded I was going to resort to recording them myself. I was hoping I wouldn't have to, there's never a quiet moment around here :p I do have some really good ones in my head already I might record out loud and that way it'll be more personal and I'll be using something I am already comfortable.
[/FONT]

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 08:23:45 am »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;67666
I haven't sampled this one: Meditation Oasis. There is a podcast for free on iTunes and #35 is called "Grounding Meditation."

I may try it soon. I like free, but someone with more experience with the cd/mp3 would probably have better recs.

Thanks, I'll give it a listen.
[/FONT]

Dashifen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://dashifen.com
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 08:46:16 am »

There's a variety of iPhone and Android apps for meditation out there, too.  Some offer full guided meditations and others are more simple, like the chiming of a bell on after a specified interval, for example.

Buddhify is one that I've had recommended to me, but I haven't tried it.  That app is interesting because they also include "on-the-go" meditations that they're site advertises as "perfect for modern life, buddhify has custom meditations for when commuting, walking, the gym & at home."

It's $2.99 for iPhone and $0.99 for Android at the moment.

Holdasown

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Religion: Norse/Germanic Polytheists
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 10:48:51 am »

I have so much going on, I just figure to get me on a roll it might be a good idea to start back at the beginning and work on using some guided meditations, cliqued as they are. I've some good books to get me restarted on centering, grounding, shielding again, but I just can't make it work in my head right now.

http://witchcraft.libsyn.com/ I love Ariel's podcasts. They have lots of guided meditations.

Tags: