Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Soul Groups: People Connected Beyond the Present?  (Read 1915 times)

DancesWithHorses

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Soul Groups: People Connected Beyond the Present?
« on: July 27, 2012, 03:02:14 pm »
Hopefully this is the correct section, if not, relocation would be nice. :)

I've been thinking about reincarnation and souls. Which then led me to soul groups and families (whatever term you desire). Reincarnation has always been part of my life, nobody ever told me it didn't exist. If a pet died, my dad would say, he'll come back again. Or "In my next life, I want to be..."

Anyway, I reading of some accounts of soul groups, people that seem to have a connection that runs deeper than whatever their present relationships. What are some thoughts on this? It makes sense to me, there a few people in my life that I have connections to that seem to go beyond the present. Like my now-best friend. I've known her for a relatively short period of time but we can complete each other's sentences, know when we need each other (kind of eerie, she'll call me and goes, do you want to talk about last night? It took me some getting used to, same for her). In the grand scheme of things, we should barely know each other (live on opposite ends of the province) but since the first day, we both felt like we had known each other for a long time. If I had to guess, it would be that we were sisters at some point. I don't know, I'm just happy to have her in my life.

Is there some reading you would recommend on this subject?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:37:40 pm by RandallS »
Jinx or Jinxy :)
Add a dash of folklore, a few centuries of farmer\'s blood and mix well.
[/B]

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Soul Groups: People Connected Beyond the Present?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 05:47:46 am »
Quote from: DancesWithHorses;66282
I've been thinking about reincarnation and souls. Which then led me to soul groups and families (whatever term you desire). Reincarnation has always been part of my life, nobody ever told me it didn't exist. If a pet died, my dad would say, he'll come back again. Or "In my next life, I want to be..."

Anyway, I reading of some accounts of soul groups, people that seem to have a connection that runs deeper than whatever their present relationships. What are some thoughts on this? Is there some reading you would recommend on this subject?

My own concept that I've formed of reincarnation, stems from and entwines with a belief system wherein attachment is usually, generally, somewhat... a bad thing. Well, really more of a thing-thing, but on the consciousness-level that I'm discussing, I'm judgmental: attachment bad. And more judgment: there's a fine line between connection and attachment.

Separation is as much of an illusion as attachment, and to elevate the inner circle of more connected souls, sort of comes off to me as devaluing or detaching from the outer circle. So I also think that's bad.

An additional thought of mine, to separation-as-illusion is that, if the "connection that runs deep..." is in play, in the present relationship, then that is part of the present relationship-- because the present is not a separate entity. Nor is it necessarily more shallow. It simply is, and in its being... the present moment holds as much value as all eternity. That's my understanding of it.

So, as for soul groups. It all just sounds like cosmic-level high school cliques to me. Sure, as part of many belief systems, reincarnation does usually come in a package of some universal order, which seems to mean recurring soul-meetings... but, eh, can't explain right now why I feel this off (or off-ful) about soul groups as a concept. It's like-- I feel, that it's really missing something. Variety, or perspective, or selflessness, or... something.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Maps

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 03:10:39 pm »

Anyway, I reading of some accounts of soul groups, people that seem to have a connection that runs deeper than whatever their present relationships. What are some thoughts on this? It makes sense to me, there a few people in my life that I have connections to that seem to go beyond the present. Like my now-best friend. I've known her for a relatively short period of time but we can complete each other's sentences, know when we need each other (kind of eerie, she'll call me and goes, do you want to talk about last night? It took me some getting used to, same for her). In the grand scheme of things, we should barely know each other (live on opposite ends of the province) but since the first day, we both felt like we had known each other for a long time. If I had to guess, it would be that we were sisters at some point. I don't know, I'm just happy to have her in my life.

My mom has spoken to mediums and had readings done and things to help her move on from several tragedies in her life, and this is a claim that one of them had approached her with. It didn't make much sense to me, but it seemed to help her a lot, which is all you can really feasibly ask for.

As for me personally, I don't quite buy it. Inasmuch as I can buy an argument that can't, as far as I can tell, ever be scientifically proven. I believe in reincarnation of the "souls learning lessons" type, and the whole soul groups and families business seems counteractive to that goal. You're not as likely to experience something completely new if you keep surrounding yourself with the same people, but idk. The whole idea of souls having enough of a sense of self to be able to identify "others" that they can form attachments to seems kind of nonsensical to me as well. But that's just my opinion which also can't, as far as I can tell, ever be scientifically proven. :B

SkySamuelle

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 03:49:00 pm »

This is something I've looked into with passionate interest for years, so I have a few reading recs.

Any of Brian Weiss books on the reincarnation is good read on the subject and to understand how karma really works through the recordings of his patients' regressions.

Life Between Lives by Michael Newton I liked less, but it offers an interesting perspective on soul families/tribes, and the way they evolve together.

Yesterday's Sky by Steven Forrest is a really excellent book on Karmic astrology and it helps you find straces of your ' karmic history' in your natal chart.
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

Owl

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Other
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 08:00:50 pm »

Years ago I would have laughed at this concept.  Now, I'm not so sure.  But I ask myself, how much of thinking you have a prior connection with someone is wishful thinking based on the closeness of the relationship?  How much of it is just because you fit together that well?  Since I can't answer this in my own case, I don't have an opinion either way anymore.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:36:46 pm by SunflowerP »
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

Tags: