collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Ask a Luciferian  (Read 9153 times)

xmoonlitreveriex

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awakeninlight.wordpress.com/
Ask a Luciferian
« on: June 29, 2012, 07:56:02 pm »
There are a lot of misconceptions about my faith out there, so I figured I might as well address any questions anyone has, but were maybe too scared to ask in the past;)
I briefly answered a few on the thread concerning 'Raising the Devil...' in the magic and occult for beginners forum, I'd appreciate it if you would read through that first and make sure I haven't already answered your question.

A little background, I'm a theistic Luciferian and draw most of my influence from biblical scripture, although I also look toward the Promethean mythos as a cornerstone of my faith. Luciferian beliefs differ slightly from person to person, as there is no concrete set of dogma, so please note that my responses are based on my own particular beliefs and experiences with Lucifer.

With that being said, ask away!

Lokabrenna

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a Luciferian
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 01:54:02 am »
Quote from: xmoonlitreveriex;62163

I love question and answer threads! I could do this all day!

1. Do you consider yourself to be Pagan? I've encountered Luciferians/Theistic Satanists who do, so I was just wondering.

2. Are you entirely focused on Lucifer or do you honour other entities? Again, I've heard of some who honour deities like Ishtar, Lilith, and entities like the Princes of Hell (names and number of Princes vary, but usually include at least Belial and Leviathan, for example).

3. What are some symbols that you associate with Lucifer? I've heard snakes/dragons and stars most often, but of course, symbolic representations are different for everyone.

4. If applicable, how does Lucifer appear to you? I personally like Le genie du mal and this image on deviantART. I guess I never really agreed with my Catholic teachers that insisted he was ugly because he was teh ebils.

xmoonlitreveriex

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 02:19:15 am »
Quote from: Lokabrenna;62212
I love question and answer threads! I could do this all day!

1. Do you consider yourself to be Pagan? I've encountered Luciferians/Theistic Satanists who do, so I was just wondering.

Yes I do, although I've run into quite a few issues regarding my identification as both a pagan and a Luciferian. There is a growing population of atheists in the Luciferian community who tend to look down at and mock theists such as myself, while a fair number of pagans seem to have problems regarding either the biblical influences on my faith, or see me as being potentially damaging to paganism as a whole due to their attempts at dissociating paganism from satanism. Regardless, I myself am quite comfortable calling myself both a Luciferian and pagan.

2. Are you entirely focused on Lucifer or do you honour other entities? Again, I've heard of some who honour deities like Ishtar, Lilith, and entities like the Princes of Hell (names and number of Princes vary, but usually include at least Belial and Leviathan, for example).

I am primarily devoted to Lucifer, although I've worked with other deities on occasion, such as Sarasvati and Azrael. I also honor Athena since she is the patron goddess of my school, although I don't work with her.

3. What are some symbols that you associate with Lucifer? I've heard snakes/dragons and stars most often, but of course, symbolic representations are different for everyone.

Serpents yes, dragons and stars not so much. I've also come to associate lightning and feathers with him.

4. If applicable, how does Lucifer appear to you? I personally like Le genie du mal and this image on deviantART. I guess I never really agreed with my Catholic teachers that insisted he was ugly because he was teh ebils.

Le Genie du Mal is personally my favorite statue of him, however the artwork done by Nykolai Aleksander based off of his portrayal in the novel Convivium by Andrew Maugham is rather spot on to how I see him. My avatar is one of these paintings, another can be found here.

Aryel32

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 02:38:47 am »
I briefly answered a few on the thread concerning 'Raising the Devil...' in the magic and occult for beginners forum

Well, I just finished my meditation on Lucifer and it was.... interesting.
As soon as i achieved a meditative state, he was just standing there, waiting. Cocky. He stated, "Well, you wanted to meet me so here I am."
I asked him, "Are you Lucifer?" He cocked his head and stared right through me, it was eerie. He just replied, point blank, "That's one of my names," and he grinned slyly.
Hecate walked up and told him to stop screwing around. She seemed exasperated with him. He walked a full circle around me, eyes never leaving my body. He acted like he was genuinely curious about me, but sexually if you would.
Hecate said that she has worked with him before in the past, with certain people but he is definitely not one that I need to be working with at this time. She also didn't give any other pointers as to what I should be doing other than to keep going where I'm going, which is the answer I always get. Whatever the hell that means.
Lucifer said, as he left, "Tell Saint Claire I said hello," whatever that meant. Hecate came close and whispered, "You know he's screwing with you again, right?"

He had a powerful aura, presence filled the room. His energy poked right through me, exploring who and what I am. It was not an experience I'm used to or welcome. Average height, perhaps 5'8" ish, dark hair, sharp features, and a lecherous smirk that never left his face. Thats just how he appeared to me.

Not really someone I'm to work with, or one who Hecate would have patience working with with me, so, so be it. I met him and it was what it was.

That was my experience.

:)

xmoonlitreveriex

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 02:54:57 am »
Quote from: Aryel32;62218
Well, I just finished my meditation on Lucifer and it was.... interesting.
As soon as i achieved a meditative state, he was just standing there, waiting. Cocky. He stated, "Well, you wanted to meet me so here I am."

That's interesting. I don't know if it makes any difference that you initiated contact first rather than the other way around, but from what I've heard from others who've been contacted by him is that he doesn't tend to get arrogant until they've known him and worked with him for a while, and he's sure they won't run off. With me, he was all charm and charisma when he first introduced himself, and it wasn't until much later that the snippyness kicked in.

GoldenSiren

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 03:38:23 am »
Quote from: xmoonlitreveriex;62219
That's interesting. I don't know if it makes any difference that you initiated contact first rather than the other way around, but from what I've heard from others who've been contacted by him is that he doesn't tend to get arrogant until they've known him and worked with him for a while, and he's sure they won't run off. With me, he was all charm and charisma when he first introduced himself, and it wasn't until much later that the snippyness kicked in.

Saint Claire, you say Aryel? Hmm... I do a lot of spirit work, so to me this might imply more than is immediately apparent. Do you believe in past lives, by any chance? If so, maybe you worshiped her, or was otherwise tied to her. If not... well, does the days of August 11-12th mean anything to you? I read up a little on her, and this is one of her important dates (the day of her death, coincidentally.) it resonated with me, so I thought I'd ask.

...You say he doesn't usually get arrogant/snippy/cocky unless he's familiar and worked with the person before, yes?  ... Perhaps he's ALREADY familiar with her. Maybe not in this lifetime, or when she was aware of it. Just a thought.
Déjà Moo
/ˌdāZHä ˈmo͞o/
noun

The feeling that you\'ve already heard this bull before :lub:

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 11:26:16 am »

Do you have a lot of familiarity with or interest in deities that play a similar challenger, foil, or illuminer role in other mythologies?  (I ask because - as a Setian - I have a certain amount of interest in Satanist groups, Luciferians, Lokeans, and the like.  I find it interesting how people deal with their monsters.)
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Lokabrenna

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 12:21:49 pm »
Quote from: GoldenSiren;62222
Saint Claire, you say Aryel? Hmm... I do a lot of spirit work, so to me this might imply more than is immediately apparent. Do you believe in past lives, by any chance? If so, maybe you worshiped her, or was otherwise tied to her. If not... well, does the days of August 11-12th mean anything to you? I read up a little on her, and this is one of her important dates (the day of her death, coincidentally.) it resonated with me, so I thought I'd ask.

I checked, there are actually two St. Clares. One is the more famous one you mentioned, the other is St. Clare of Montefalco (feast day August 17).

xmoonlitreveriex

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 01:25:34 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;62254
Do you have a lot of familiarity with or interest in deities that play a similar challenger, foil, or illuminer role in other mythologies?  (I ask because - as a Setian - I have a certain amount of interest in Satanist groups, Luciferians, Lokeans, and the like.  I find it interesting how people deal with their monsters.)

I do find a lot of common ground with Lokeans, although from what I've experienced, Lucifer and Loki have a bit of an antagonistic relationship. I haven't had the best experiences with the two of them sharing the same space, and while Lu has not expressly commanded that I not work with or contact Loki in any way, he has implied that were I to do such, our patronage relationship would not be able to go on. But I know someone who balances working with the two of them just fine, so maybe I'm just really bad at conflict management, lol. Despite that, I've found that I can relate to Lokeans quite well.

catja6

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 01:29:18 pm »
There are a lot of misconceptions about my faith out there, so I figured I might as well address any questions anyone has, but were maybe too scared to ask in the past;)

How interested in/influenced by literary and artistic depictions are you?  You mentioned biblical texts and the Promethean mythos--any others?  I ask because I'm wildly interested in Romanticism as a movement, and have always enjoyed the Blake/Byron reading of Lucifer.

xmoonlitreveriex

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 01:41:34 pm »
Quote from: catja6;62261
How interested in/influenced by literary and artistic depictions are you?  You mentioned biblical texts and the Promethean mythos--any others?  I ask because I'm wildly interested in Romanticism as a movement, and have always enjoyed the Blake/Byron reading of Lucifer.

I love Blake's poetry (not so much his artwork), and I've been trying to get my hands on Percy Shelley's Prometheus Unbound. While I can appreciate and enjoy their work, it doesn't quite play a significant role in the development of my faith. Still love it, though!:)

GoldenSiren

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 04:33:10 pm »
Quote from: Lokabrenna;62255
I checked, there are actually two St. Clares. One is the more famous one you mentioned, the other is St. Clare of Montefalco (feast day August 17).

Thanks! ;)   ....do any of those dates mean anything to you Aryel?

Alright, I have a question for you. Upon doing some research on Satanism and Luciferianism, I've found that many people have different opinions on what exactly the difference between the two is. So, tell me, what is the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism in your opinion?
Déjà Moo
/ˌdāZHä ˈmo͞o/
noun

The feeling that you\'ve already heard this bull before :lub:

xmoonlitreveriex

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 05:13:32 pm »
Quote from: GoldenSiren;62274

Alright, I have a question for you. Upon doing some research on Satanism and Luciferianism, I've found that many people have different opinions on what exactly the difference between the two is. So, tell me, what is the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism in your opinion?

This is a rather complicated issue. Most Luciferians would not consider themselves Satanists, nor a side branch of Satanism, for a variety of different reasons. However, there are many Satanists and non-Satanists alike who do tend to include us under the Satanism umbrella, despite the majority of us seeing Lucifer and Satan as two different entities or symbols.

The way I see it, Satanism is very much a self-worshiping belief system whose practices and beliefs have a rather carnal and materialistic connotation. The figurehead of Satanism is Satan in the form of the demonized Christian devil, who seems to represent freedom from the strict nature of Christian dogma.

While I have no problem with their religion as one of living solely for the present and one's own pleasures, Luciferianism does not concern itself with these issues in quite the same manner. In seeing the devil as a figure of enlightenment, the tenants of Luciferianism seem to revolve more so along the lines of spiritual growth and apotheosis, in which we become our own gods. This is different from the self-worship of Satanism, in that we hold ourselves accountable to our own accomplishments and faults, rather than a divine being. To quote genesis, we seek knowledge to become as God, knowing good and evil.

Aryel32

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 07:02:43 pm »
Quote from: GoldenSiren;62222

...You say he doesn't usually get arrogant/snippy/cocky unless he's familiar and worked with the person before, yes?  ... Perhaps he's ALREADY familiar with her. Maybe not in this lifetime, or when she was aware of it. Just a thought.

Ya'll got my eyes big as saucers right now, man. Holy crap-balls.
When in meditation, very rarely do I get snippets of information as clearly as I did, "Say hey to St Claire for me." I thought it was in reference to the one who started this thread, He grinned and walked away.

I had no idea St Claire was even anything significant. I just wrote it in my description just to see what xmoon would say to it. But this, this is making my head hurt. lol

I believe in past lives and specific dates have never really held any importance to me unless it involved massive amounts of drinking or explosions.
Looking up St Claire myself, I think the message may have been to look her up and learn from her life. The wiki page on her had some elements about her life that resonated with me and spoke of things that I hope to accomplish myself. Having few role models, let alone female, perhaps with further research I can find one in St Claire. Its an idea. I would never have thought to look her up had you not done so. Thanks :D

The "not snippy until he gets to know you" has me confused as well. To my knowledge, I've never worked with him or any other remotely solar god for that matter. On a personal basis that is. Past life is possible. He was so lewd. What came out of his mouth was polite and expected. But the body language.... Not to sound odd, but I haven't been so weirded out by a spirit in meditation since interacting with a Merman over this past year. And he's a dick.
People have been telling me that not everyone I'll meet in the Astral will be polite and friendly, I believe that to be true, but dude. Its a recent trend. WTF.

I'm so confused now hahaha

xmoonlitreveriex

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 01:23:17 am »
Quote from: Aryel32;62296

The "not snippy until he gets to know you" has me confused as well. To my knowledge, I've never worked with him or any other remotely solar god for that matter. On a personal basis that is. Past life is possible. He was so lewd. What came out of his mouth was polite and expected. But the body language.... Not to sound odd, but I haven't been so weirded out by a spirit in meditation since interacting with a Merman over this past year. And he's a dick.
People have been telling me that not everyone I'll meet in the Astral will be polite and friendly, I believe that to be true, but dude. Its a recent trend. WTF.

I'm so confused now hahaha

I don't interact with him in dreams or meditation or any method that allows me to 'see' him in my mind's eye, so I can't comment on body language. What I can say is that he tends to shift from snippy to charismatic, and occasionally cold and calculating with me. I don't recall any expressions of 'lewdness', but then again our relationship is purely platonic, as that of mentor and student.

Tags: