collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: So Aengus Og is telling me to go to the park.  (Read 1988 times)

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
So Aengus Og is telling me to go to the park.
« on: May 20, 2012, 07:57:14 pm »
I just didn't realize it until today, when I stumbled upon a HUGE Celtic Mythology website and found a poem by Yeats about Aengus Og.

I read the poem and something sparked in my chest, so I asked him, "Is this why I've had an urge to go to the park for the past few days?" and he went YES. DO IT NOW DO IT NOW DO IT NOW.

Then I asked him if this had any connection to my Spring Awakening debacle where I keep having visions about hooking up the guy who plays Moritz, and he went JUST GO TO THE PARK NOW.

And there's supposed to be a solar eclipse at six, which he won't answer about because he's busy screaming at me to go to the park, so... I'll post an update in a couple of hours, I guess.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:58:14 pm by Sharysa »
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: So Aengus Og is telling me to go to the park.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 12:25:27 am »
Quote from: Sharysa;55643

Here's what happened.

Caroline

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 01:21:58 pm »
I just didn't realize it until today, when I stumbled upon a HUGE Celtic Mythology website and found a poem by Yeats about Aengus Og.

I read the poem and something sparked in my chest, so I asked him, "Is this why I've had an urge to go to the park for the past few days?" and he went YES. DO IT NOW DO IT NOW DO IT NOW.

You might like this:

http://lesliehudson.com/music_dance.php#the_song_of_wandering_aengus

Liadine (dragonflyeyes)

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:25:32 pm »

Related to what Caroline said, Patrick Wolf also has an amazing version (called 'The Hazelwood') that you can find .

Good luck!
We owe it to each other to tell stories [Neil Gaiman]
night's a good herd [my religious tumblr]

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 11:24:23 pm »
Quote from: Liadine (dragonflyeyes);56028
Related to what Caroline said, Patrick Wolf also has an amazing version (called 'The Hazelwood') that you can find .

Good luck!

...The guy in Patrick Wolf's video looks like Moritz. He even has a schoolboy-esque outfit.

As for more updates on this: I keep looking for Moritz on the theater's Facebook page and HE IS THE ONLY MALE CAST MEMBER WHO HASN'T SHOWN UP YET. Literally, I went through the comments and not only could I identify the male cast by their "types" (and some of them already got their hair styled), I keep feeling like Moritz literally hasn't gone onto the page yet. And despite the production's Melchior and Wendla being on the poster for the page, guess which Moritz Stiefel picture the page uses? Moritz's original actor.

And Aengus is NOT helping--every time I ask him when the hell I'm going to meet him (or you know, find out what he looks like), he keeps laughing in that "Oh, sweetie, you'll see him sooooon" way.

Liadine (dragonflyeyes)

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 12:17:39 am »
Quote from: Sharysa;56041
...The guy in Patrick Wolf's video looks like Moritz. He even has a schoolboy-esque outfit.

That would be Patrick Wolf himself. If you haven't heard his work, I highly recommend looking it up - he's an amazing artist.

Quote from: Sharysa;56041
And Aengus is NOT helping--every time I ask him when the hell I'm going to meet him (or you know, find out what he looks like), he keeps laughing in that "Oh, sweetie, you'll see him sooooon" way.

Oooh, ouch. When they do that it's always hard not to stamp your foot, ha. Good luck, I hope it works out in your favour.
We owe it to each other to tell stories [Neil Gaiman]
night's a good herd [my religious tumblr]

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 01:48:52 am »
Quote from: Liadine (dragonflyeyes);56054
That would be Patrick Wolf himself. If you haven't heard his work, I highly recommend looking it up - he's an amazing artist.

Yep, I'm definitely going to look up more of his stuff.

Oooh, ouch. When they do that it's always hard not to stamp your foot, ha. Good luck, I hope it works out in your favour.

I was meditating last night on the poem because I couldn't sleep and I had a really bad urge to go swimming in the ocean again. So I went back to my dream's oak-tree islet, jumped off and turned into a fish (my astrology sign is Pisces, so it felt more like I was "changing clothes" as opposed to "transforming"), then realized that the horse-thing couldn't find me because it was looking for a girl. And I went, "THANK THE GODS, I KNOW HOW TO FOOL IT NOW."

I then saw a raspberry dangling in the water, and I knew it was Moritz's so I made a beeline for it. Unfortunately, I fell asleep either just before or just after I "bit," but I tried really hard to hang on to the meditation. I sort of remember turning back into a human, but I keep having this "too early"  sensation; I don't remember if Moritz even saw me, but there was a lot of thrashing because it was taking too much effort to change back.

But I remember hearing a quote from The Last Unicorn before I fell asleep: "I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a very long time, and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last."

I don't understand it in the context of my situation. It might be applying to me, or it might mean Moritz has been looking for me as hard as I've been looking for him; he just might not be aware of it because (thankfully) he hasn't had the gods personally nagging him towards self-improvement.

Today I ordered a ticket for opening night and Aengus went, "You don't need that," but I went, "It can't hurt to be nice. ...And throw people off my trail." And the Morrigan went, "So you ARE learning not to be see-through."

Tags: