collapse

Author Topic: Watching  (Read 3748 times)

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Watching
« on: May 13, 2012, 03:35:03 am »
Took the camera on my ride today to get pics of whatever would be blooming or breaking the surface. I get off the bike whenever I spot something curious. Sometimes at some points along the trail it feel like I'm being watched. Don't know why, but today when I got that feeling, I pointed the camera in the direction of where I felt it coming from and zoomed as much as I could. Wasn't really expecting to get anything but figured since I had it on higher res I could zoom more at home in a pic editor.

I did that. The first pic has just been reduced in file size for easy loading. The second pic is the area I cropped.

[attach=CONFIG][/attach]                     [attach=CONFIG][/attach]

I know it's common to spot faces in trees. I love doing that. But I never spotted one like this before. I don't know how visible it will be here.

Do you see it?

I don't know if it's just the markings on a tree, a person, something else. But I posted in paranormal because of the feeling of being watched that I had.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:37:27 am by Annie Roonie »

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Watching
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;54276

I have a pretty strong imagination and I am very visual - tell me a scene, I will see it in my mind - but I can't discover anything unusual in the picture. Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:17:22 pm by Tana »
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 01:27:11 pm »
Quote from: Tana;54330
I have a pretty strong imagination and I am very visual - tell me a scene, I will see it in my mind - but I can't discover anything unusual in the picture. Sorry.

I'm in agreement with Tana. While I'm very likewise visual and have an imagination that runs rampant, I'm not seeing a face either.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 02:43:42 pm »
Quote from: Tana;54330

Haaa! That's about normal then. Thank you for looking anyway!

Quote from: Aisling;54331
I'm in agreement with Tana. While I'm very likewise visual and have an imagination that runs rampant, I'm not seeing a face either.

Well, it's not a whole face more like a quarter face with one eye showing. The pupil of which is center of the cropped shot when I look at it in the dark between the wood and the green. I cannot not see it now. ha!

Still, it's normal not to see the same things especially in nature.

And I swear I wasn't and am not smoking rainbow weed and I haven't tested out the green ointment yet!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:45:50 pm by Annie Roonie »

Wickerman

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 05:54:42 pm »

I know it's common to spot faces in trees. I love doing that. But I never spotted one like this before. I don't know how visible it will be here.

Do you see it?

Clear as day. Just don't look too hard. An eye, and an eye brow, very high arched. Reddish brown skin. That what you see?
"Don\'t take life too seriously, or you\'ll never get out of it alive." (Bugs Bunny)

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 07:01:21 pm »
Quote from: Wickerman;54368
Clear as day. Just don't look too hard. An eye, and an eye brow, very high arched. Reddish brown skin. That what you see?
I saw the face without knowing what I was looking for(didn't read you message just looked the pics first), looks like a child's face. Very cool, could be an illusion, but you never know.
[Now using the Cryfder account]

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 07:17:51 pm »
Quote from: Wickerman;54368

Yeah! You described it well.

Quote from: Celtag;54376
I saw the face without knowing what I was looking for(didn't read you message just looked the pics first), looks like a child's face. Very cool, could be an illusion, but you never know.

I thought it could be some trick of the shadows too. But it's kind of fun not to know. :)

Selendrile

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 10:15:04 pm »
Took the camera on my ride today to get pics of whatever would be blooming or breaking the surface. I get off the bike whenever I spot something curious. Sometimes at some points along the trail it feel like I'm being watched. Don't know why, but today when I got that feeling, I pointed the camera in the direction of where I felt it coming from and zoomed as much as I could. Wasn't really expecting to get anything but figured since I had it on higher res I could zoom more at home in a pic editor.

I did that. The first pic has just been reduced in file size for easy loading. The second pic is the area I cropped.

Do you see it?

I don't know if it's just the markings on a tree, a person, something else. But I posted in paranormal because of the feeling of being watched that I had.

It looks like the face is screaming! You inspired me to go hiking!

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 11:47:01 pm »

Do you see it?

It looks like it's in profile, and the wide-open mouth is either ROFL-laughing or yelling. To me, it feels like it's laughing. For the record, did it feel like the "just saying hi!" kind of watching, or the "stalker" kind of watching?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:48:02 pm by Sharysa »
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 12:45:35 am »
Quote from: Sharysa;54430
It looks like it's in profile, and the wide-open mouth is either ROFL-laughing or yelling. To me, it feels like it's laughing. For the record, did it feel like the "just saying hi!" kind of watching, or the "stalker" kind of watching?

I don't see a mouth there. I think you're looking at the tree that is in front of and obscuring what I perceive as the partial face. Look a bit to the right, between that tree and the green leaves. It's actually kind of fleshtone with a lighter eye color. Definitely more human looking than plant to me. When I said face in the trees, I was kind of making a play on words. The face is among the trees, not in the bark of one.  

It felt like observation. Curiosity and caution. Which is reasonable given the circumstances. If I had to give words to the wave, they might be, "Who is that woman? What is she doing? Can she see me?" General stuff.

The trail was built over and old railway that went as the crow flies through farmer's fields and woods. There's all kinds of remnants of the track back in the woods as well as detritus from fields. Big rock piles covered in moss etc. I go into them sometimes to explore. I think many do the same from the farms and houses on the other sides of the woods. It's interesting back there.

I know one thing for sure. I need to save up and get a better camera. The lens on this one is for poop now. So grainy, you'd think I was hunting the yeti.

Arcadia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 02:21:16 am »

Do you see it?

What I see is a part of a face with an eye peeking from between the foliage. It feels very female to me.
Guided be the hand and mind
[/FONT]

Selendrile

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 10:11:57 am »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;54440
I don't see a mouth there. I think you're looking at the tree that is in front of and obscuring what I perceive as the partial face. Look a bit to the right, between that tree and the green leaves. It's actually kind of fleshtone with a lighter eye color. Definitely more human looking than plant to me. When I said face in the trees, I was kind of making a play on words. The face is among the trees, not in the bark of one.  

It felt like observation. Curiosity and caution. Which is reasonable given the circumstances. If I had to give words to the wave, they might be, "Who is that woman? What is she doing? Can she see me?" General stuff.

The trail was built over and old railway that went as the crow flies through farmer's fields and woods. There's all kinds of remnants of the track back in the woods as well as detritus from fields. Big rock piles covered in moss etc. I go into them sometimes to explore. I think many do the same from the farms and houses on the other sides of the woods. It's interesting back there.

I know one thing for sure. I need to save up and get a better camera. The lens on this one is for poop now. So grainy, you'd think I was hunting the yeti.

I see the eye peeking out now! She seems watchful :).

Vale

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 05:55:28 pm »
Took the camera on my ride today to get pics of whatever would be blooming or breaking the surface. I get off the bike whenever I spot something curious. Sometimes at some points along the trail it feel like I'm being watched.

I spend a lot of time in ancient woodland and yes I often feel I am being "watched".

Some  areas are "friendlier" than others; I have at times felt distinctly unwelcome and had one deeply unpleasant experience with the local wight that I'm not sure I'd have believed if it hadn't actually happened to me. I have taken great care not to go back there.  More often though I find them watchful but not unfriendly and I have at times asked for and been granted a little help.

I love spotting faces in trees but they are hard to capture even with a reasonable camera. Somehow the play of light and shade doesn't always reproduce well - this is my favourite. We call it the ent!

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 09:56:14 pm »
Quote from: Vale;54581
I spend a lot of time in ancient woodland and yes I often feel I am being "watched".

Some  areas are "friendlier" than others; I have at times felt distinctly unwelcome and had one deeply unpleasant experience with the local wight that I'm not sure I'd have believed if it hadn't actually happened to me. I have taken great care not to go back there.  More often though I find them watchful but not unfriendly and I have at times asked for and been granted a little help.

I love spotting faces in trees but they are hard to capture even with a reasonable camera. Somehow the play of light and shade doesn't always reproduce well - this is my favourite. We call it the ent!

That is fricking beautiful.

I need to look into what wights are exactly. The wiki on the is small. Will do research later (eggs boiling).

I took the photo to large smartboard today and asked if anyone saw a face. I was king of surprised, not because of the some do, some don't, but because one girl saw another face. She called it a ghost. She walked to the board and pointed it out and I saw it immediately after that.

This cropped bit comes from the center of the original just under the green and it too seems to be looking straight ahead. There appears to be three quarters of a misty face there. Definitely the stereotype ghost look.

Now I cannot unsee the spirit type face too. I wonder if they are aware of each other.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:57:45 pm by Annie Roonie »

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 08:36:28 pm »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;54440

Holy crap, the two of them are literally right on top of each other. They look like the classic "Drama/Comedy masks."

It's like a wide-eyed little puppy. Looks like it wants to talk, but is just a bit too shy to actually call you over. I've made that expression LOTS of times. XD Maybe you could go to the same spot again and try to initiate the conversation? (Provided nobody's around to call you crazy. :P)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:39:09 pm by Sharysa »
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

Tags: