3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Camylleon is on a distinguished road Camylleon's Avatar
    Last Online
    6 Sep 2012 @ 08:57 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Miscellaneous

Re: Florida Water: its broad magical application?

Quote Originally Posted by SatSekhem View Post
    This is what I bought. The reason I purchased this particular brand was because it qualified for the Super Savings Shipping thing that Amazon does.
    UGH! $5.33? I get it for...I want to say $2 but it might be closer to $3. Still, half the cost of buying it online without having to pay s & h (although the super saver thing is nice.) Might be worth the quest to find it locally. If it's a bit of a drive (which can get as expensive once you figure in gas prices!), you can at least stock up. Not like it's going to go bad...

I can't believe they charge that much for it! Yikes!

Master Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First Class
    spoOk is on a distinguished road spoOk's Avatar
    Last Online
    19 Sep 2013 @ 10:46 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    some kinda moon worship

Quote Originally Posted by stephyjh View Post
    Certain orishas, too, but it's been long enough since I lived with a Santero that I can't remember which.
    ok maybe a stupid ignorant comment,but aren't the lwa and orisha basically the same thing? just different names from different languages?
    no?

and by the looks of things,if I wanted to buy some Florida water in Canada it looks like I'm ordering it online! lol
    on a similar note:
    I made my own four thieves vinager a while ago,and since making it,I've realized I don't actually know how to use it,applications for it.
    I've heard the story's of how it came about etc. but I'm not sure how it applies now. lol
    Ize bel zafen.
    Ize bel daleen.

Grand Master Member Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Celtic and Cherokee-influenced hearthwitch
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Quote Originally Posted by spoOk View Post
    ok maybe a stupid ignorant comment,but aren't the lwa and orisha basically the same thing? just different names from different languages?
    no?

and by the looks of things,if I wanted to buy some Florida water in Canada it looks like I'm ordering it online! lol
    on a similar note:
    I made my own four thieves vinager a while ago,and since making it,I've realized I don't actually know how to use it,applications for it.
    I've heard the story's of how it came about etc. but I'm not sure how it applies now. lol
    Lwa are the spirits honored in Vodou, while the orishas are honored in Santeria. Related paths, in that both are African Diaspora Religions, but the lwa and the orishas are distinct beings.
    A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
    That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger Second Class
    SatAset is on a distinguished road SatAset's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Kemetic Orthodox, Northern Tradition, Orisha devotee

no?
    No. The Orisha are Yoruba spirits of nature from Nigeria (some of the Yoruba are also in Benin). The lwa are Haitian Vodou spirits who are a mixture of spirits from various African nations who were brought over to Haiti (mostly Fon and Ewe, but also Yoruba for Haitian Vodou influences). There is some overlap. There is a family of lwa with the name Ogou and they can correspond with some Orisha, but they are not considered the same.
    I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy. --SatAset

Last Online
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    some kinda moon worship

Quote Originally Posted by SatAset View Post
    No. The Orisha are Yoruba spirits of nature from Nigeria (some of the Yoruba are also in Benin). The lwa are Haitian Vodou spirits who are a mixture of spirits from various African nations who were brought over to Haiti (mostly Fon and Ewe, but also Yoruba for Haitian Vodou influences). There is some overlap. There is a family of lwa with the name Ogou and they can correspond with some Orisha, but they are not considered the same.
    oh ! actually I knew most of that! what I keep forgetting is that though all are from Africa...the regions they come from IN africa are different! derp!
    Ize bel zafen.
    Ize bel daleen.

Senior Master Member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree FriendsYour first GroupTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    SatSekhem is on a distinguished road SatSekhem's Avatar
    Last Online
    23 Apr 2013 @ 06:31 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Recon-Slanted Kemetic; Solitary Voodooist

Quote Originally Posted by Camylleon View Post
    UGH! $5.33? I get it for...I want to say $2 but it might be closer to $3. Still, half the cost of buying it online without having to pay s & h (although the super saver thing is nice.) Might be worth the quest to find it locally. If it's a bit of a drive (which can get as expensive once you figure in gas prices!), you can at least stock up. Not like it's going to go bad...

I'll start looking, but since they've only just started to carry those saints' candles in Wal-marts and local grocery stores, I think it may be a while before I actually see Florida water.
    Religious Blog
    Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Senior Master Member Achievements:
    1 year registeredYour first GroupThree Friends5000 Experience Points
    Annie Roonie will become famous soon enough Annie Roonie's Avatar
    Last Online
    28 Feb 2014 @ 06:52 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Camylleon View Post

I just came back from my local new age shop and darned if they haven't begun to stock both the Florida Water and the Kanaga Water. And OY! 8.95 and 5.95 respectively. I've paid much the same as you did: $2.99 for the Florida Water at a dollar type discount store and it was the same brand. But I haven't purchased it recently. Maybe the prices have gone up?

Grand Master Member Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh is a splendid one to behold stephyjh's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Celtic and Cherokee-influenced hearthwitch
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Roonie View Post
    I just came back from my local new age shop and darned if they haven't begun to stock both the Florida Water and the Kanaga Water. And OY! 8.95 and 5.95 respectively. I've paid much the same as you did: $2.99 for the Florida Water at a dollar type discount store and it was the same brand. But I haven't purchased it recently. Maybe the prices have gone up?
    American new-age type shops are going to charge a lot more for it than a botanica or a box store will. Catering to a different usage of the same item changes its markup, apparently.

Grand Master Member
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album pictures1 year registered5000 Experience PointsYour first Group
    Morag is a name known to all Morag is a name known to all Morag is a name known to all Morag is a name known to all Morag is a name known to all Morag is a name known to all Morag's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Snark, Sex, and Snakes
    Pronouns
    zie/zir/zirs

It's sold in B.C.; Nanaimo definitely, if not elsewhere in the province. Which is why I was curious, really; I saw it in the local witch shop and went "bwwwuh?"
    This flesh is made of words:
    light me and I will burn
    like a brave, banned book

~Kaimana Wolff, "Voice", the witless poisoner
    The Mundane Mystic (religious blog; last updated 4/20 2014)

Last Online
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    some kinda moon worship

Quote Originally Posted by Morag View Post
    It's sold in B.C.; Nanaimo definitely, if not elsewhere in the province. Which is why I was curious, really; I saw it in the local witch shop and went "bwwwuh?"
    maybe triple spiral has it.

Ize bel zafen.
    Ize bel daleen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast