collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: God/Goddess to Invoke while working with Divination/Tarot  (Read 5562 times)

mellowitch

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
God/Goddess to Invoke while working with Divination/Tarot
« on: April 16, 2012, 01:44:36 pm »
Howdy Folks!

I'm starting to work with my tarot deck a little bit more and am wondering if any of you invoke a certain deity while doing readings or other divination. For some reason, I'm feeling very strongly towards Toth.

Thanks!

Josh

Nachtigall

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: God/Goddess to Invoke while working with Divination/Tarot
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 01:55:48 pm »
Quote from: mellowitch;50476
Howdy Folks!

I'm starting to work with my tarot deck a little bit more and am wondering if any of you invoke a certain deity while doing readings or other divination. For some reason, I'm feeling very strongly towards Toth.

Thanks!

Josh

Which deities/pantheons are you already acquainted with?
There's plenty of gods connected with divination, but I'd advice getting some background on the culture/religion/worldview they come from before asking for their help.

Elani Temperance

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.littlewitchmagazine.com
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 02:08:46 pm »
Howdy Folks!

Thanks!

Josh

It depends greatly on what I'm trying to divine. I have a Greek myths themed deck so it's always someone from the Greek pantheon but whom depends greatly on my reason for picking up the cards. Relationships/home (Hestia), education/work (Athena), etc.
Where I ramble on: Baring the Aegis
Where I try to be coherent: Little Witch magazine
My PaganSquare blog as hosted by Witches & Pagans
Hellenic Polytheistic charity circle Pandora\'s Kharis.

Rhyshadow

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:18:37 pm »
Howdy Folks!

Thanks!

Josh

I've gotta echo both Nachtigall and Little Witch - it all depends on the pantheon you work with/are most comfortable with and the particular associations of the divination work you're trying to do.

mellowitch

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 02:38:18 pm »
Quote from: LittleWitchMagazine;50480
It depends greatly on what I'm trying to divine. I have a Greek myths themed deck so it's always someone from the Greek pantheon but whom depends greatly on my reason for picking up the cards. Relationships/home (Hestia), education/work (Athena), etc.

I generally work with Roman and Greek pantheons, but have in the past worked with other deities from the Egyptian and other pantheons if needed.

I am also quite a fan of this idea of working with a deity in relationship to what your seeking in the cards. Thanks!

Nachtigall

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 03:03:38 pm »
Quote from: mellowitch;50487
I generally work with Roman and Greek pantheons, but have in the past worked with other deities from the Egyptian and other pantheons if needed.

I am also quite a fan of this idea of working with a deity in relationship to what your seeking in the cards. Thanks!

Apollo and Hermes are traditional patrons of divination for the Greek pantheon then.

Thoth might fit in as well, if you view him through Graeco-Egyptian syncretism or through Western Hermetism... those who adhere to more traditional Kemetic religion might view him quite differently though.

spoOk

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 02:28:01 am »
Quote from: Nachtigall;50490
Apollo and Hermes are traditional patrons of divination for the Greek pantheon then.

Thoth might fit in as well, if you view him through Graeco-Egyptian syncretism or through Western Hermetism... those who adhere to more traditional Kemetic religion might view him quite differently though.

I only invoke deity when wanting to talk to them directly via my tarot.
otherwise,I don't call on deity to use my tarot.
Ize bel zafen.
Ize bel daleen.

Tags: