Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: So I know it's another dream thread....  (Read 1948 times)

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
So I know it's another dream thread....
« on: April 15, 2012, 09:24:31 pm »
but can someone please help me make sense of this? I actually wrote about it in my blog (along with another dream, link is in my signature), but I'm still gonna post it here.

I’ll describe the setting first. It’s a college campus of sorts, and one of the buildings has a hallway connecting to the food court of a small mall. That’s essentially the easiest way to describe it. The small mall is open to the public, though the hallway connecting it to the school’s building was secured against non-students entering the campus property. The food court was very large and many students worked in the mall. Also in the mall were steps that led up to a large platform. Inside the platform were small eating areas in depressed sections with steps that led down from the platform. On the platform itself were moving lanes, like what you would see in an airport, “flat escalators” if you will. They were one way, but there were a lot of them, crisscrossing the whole thing. There were also “express lanes” that went directly to certain parts of the mall and food court rather than needing to get on different lanes and pass the eating areas in the platform. The platform is student use only and there are giant carwash “noodles” that sweep the platform to remove trash. There are special trashcans in the eating areas to catch the trash. The noodles are harmless to the students.

I’ve actually had a dream in this place before, but i can’t remember when or about what. This time though, I had just left class (I’m not currently a student) and was heading to the mall before my next class. I remember looking for yarn, and although I saw some beautiful purses, clothes, hair accessories, and even crochet hooks (they were some impressive crochet hooks), but no yarn. I can’t say why I was searching for yarn in this dream, probably because I want a more yarn for a project for the Jackals (Wepwawet chose a color I don’t currently have) and I just could not find any yarn at all in any of these stores. Where I found the awesome crochet hooks was also where I ran into a creepster. He asked me an extremely rude and crass question that was basically about fellatio. I responded with a disgusted “no” and told him to get away from me. He asked me if I was a “lollipop candy bad girl”, which made me want to sock him, but instead I answered him “yes, but only for my boyfriend, who isn’t as small as you probably are.” and walked away from him.

I headed to the food court, and the bastard found me while I was ordering food. I tried to get away from him and found my two uncles and received a phone call from my stepdad. The only significance I can think of is that they’re three of several people who I can always count on to protect me and who have been around since I was a little girl as protective forces. My two uncles are military men and my stepdad is a cableman and landscaper, my dad would’ve been there, but he’s in Florida. Anyway, I went back to where I had ordered food and of course creepster guy came back and I threatened to turn him over to my family, the school and the cops if he didn’t get away from me. At a certain point we got into a scuffle and I was able to get him over to my uncles who restrained him while I went to search for my stepdad and head to alert my teacher and the principal.

I got on the platform on the express lane to the school and passed some people going the wrong way on the lane, ie towards the food court instead of towards the school’s connecting hallway. I told them they were gonna get in trouble and were defeating their own purpose. Only one actually turned to talk to me. I don’t know who it was, not anyone I knew, but he actually turned around and asked why I said that. I told him the faculty get angry when people go the wrong way on the lanes and he responded that it wasn’t really that important. It’s not really dangerous, and they don’t give out real punishments, hence the reason everyone ignores them anyway. They were all gonna do what they wanted and there was nothing wrong with me doing it either. It was just then those stupid ass carwash noodles came by and the boy who I was talking to laughed and disappeared behind them. I hated the noodles, they feel creepy, but nonetheless I made it to the hallway where I saw my stepdad.

I told him what was going on and pointed him towards where my two uncles were with the creepy guy, but then I got worried he would get lost and went back to direct him more clearly. It was at that moment that i saw one of my uncles leaving the table and I really freaked out because I thought they were letting the jackass go. I ran over to see only one had left and relaxed. I turn back around to start heading to my class to tell my teacher the whole situation and woke up.

I have no idea what this is really supposed to mean. This is the first dream of this kind, and of this vividness, that I’ve had in a while. I’m not really sure how to even approach it. The boy who talked to me on the platform, like I said not anyone I really know in real life, my age, maybe a teenager, black hair and light skin. That’s all I really remember, he may have had green eyes, but I’m not sure. Any ideas yourselves?
Finding the Secret Places This is my new blog

earth_dragon

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: So I know it's another dream thread....
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 10:32:43 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;50369
but can someone please help me make sense of this? I actually wrote about it in my blog (along with another dream, link is in my signature), but I'm still gonna post it here.

I’ll describe the setting first. It’s a college campus of sorts, and one of the buildings has a hallway connecting to the food court of a small mall. That’s essentially the easiest way to describe it. The small mall is open to the public, though the hallway connecting it to the school’s building was secured against non-students entering the campus property. The food court was very large and many students worked in the mall. Also in the mall were steps that led up to a large platform. Inside the platform were small eating areas in depressed sections with steps that led down from the platform. On the platform itself were moving lanes, like what you would see in an airport, “flat escalators” if you will. They were one way, but there were a lot of them, crisscrossing the whole thing. There were also “express lanes” that went directly to certain parts of the mall and food court rather than needing to get on different lanes and pass the eating areas in the platform. The platform is student use only and there are giant carwash “noodles” that sweep the platform to remove trash. There are special trashcans in the eating areas to catch the trash. The noodles are harmless to the students.

I’ve actually had a dream in this place before, but i can’t remember when or about what. This time though, I had just left class (I’m not currently a student) and was heading to the mall before my next class. I remember looking for yarn, and although I saw some beautiful purses, clothes, hair accessories, and even crochet hooks (they were some impressive crochet hooks), but no yarn. I can’t say why I was searching for yarn in this dream, probably because I want a more yarn for a project for the Jackals (Wepwawet chose a color I don’t currently have) and I just could not find any yarn at all in any of these stores. Where I found the awesome crochet hooks was also where I ran into a creepster. He asked me an extremely rude and crass question that was basically about fellatio. I responded with a disgusted “no” and told him to get away from me. He asked me if I was a “lollipop candy bad girl”, which made me want to sock him, but instead I answered him “yes, but only for my boyfriend, who isn’t as small as you probably are.” and walked away from him.

I headed to the food court, and the bastard found me while I was ordering food. I tried to get away from him and found my two uncles and received a phone call from my stepdad. The only significance I can think of is that they’re three of several people who I can always count on to protect me and who have been around since I was a little girl as protective forces. My two uncles are military men and my stepdad is a cableman and landscaper, my dad would’ve been there, but he’s in Florida. Anyway, I went back to where I had ordered food and of course creepster guy came back and I threatened to turn him over to my family, the school and the cops if he didn’t get away from me. At a certain point we got into a scuffle and I was able to get him over to my uncles who restrained him while I went to search for my stepdad and head to alert my teacher and the principal.

I got on the platform on the express lane to the school and passed some people going the wrong way on the lane, ie towards the food court instead of towards the school’s connecting hallway. I told them they were gonna get in trouble and were defeating their own purpose. Only one actually turned to talk to me. I don’t know who it was, not anyone I knew, but he actually turned around and asked why I said that. I told him the faculty get angry when people go the wrong way on the lanes and he responded that it wasn’t really that important. It’s not really dangerous, and they don’t give out real punishments, hence the reason everyone ignores them anyway. They were all gonna do what they wanted and there was nothing wrong with me doing it either. It was just then those stupid ass carwash noodles came by and the boy who I was talking to laughed and disappeared behind them. I hated the noodles, they feel creepy, but nonetheless I made it to the hallway where I saw my stepdad.

I told him what was going on and pointed him towards where my two uncles were with the creepy guy, but then I got worried he would get lost and went back to direct him more clearly. It was at that moment that i saw one of my uncles leaving the table and I really freaked out because I thought they were letting the jackass go. I ran over to see only one had left and relaxed. I turn back around to start heading to my class to tell my teacher the whole situation and woke up.

I have no idea what this is really supposed to mean. This is the first dream of this kind, and of this vividness, that I’ve had in a while. I’m not really sure how to even approach it. The boy who talked to me on the platform, like I said not anyone I really know in real life, my age, maybe a teenager, black hair and light skin. That’s all I really remember, he may have had green eyes, but I’m not sure. Any ideas yourselves?

Wow... yeah. The only thing I could maybe think of is the idea of moving against the grain, or against the flow. Like there were things you just couldn't find, and the guy you just couldn't shake, then there were the people who were actually going the wrong way. Maybe sort of like you're trying to swim upstream or something, trying to fight what oppresses you.

Honestly I'm just taking a guess at it, but I hope it helps at least a little. Hope you figure out whatever it is you need to know.

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 10:38:44 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;50369

I like dream threads. They don't get a ton of views or responses, but who cares? Sometimes you just need to tell it.  When I go through dreams I break them down. I apologize for repeating things, but it helps if I make a mistake in summary to be corrected and sometimes the correction can be a key. And summary allows me to figure. :o

When reading this I kept being surprised at how many different things happened that still kept in the same story line (not sure what to call it so I'm using that). If mine switch location, the whole story line become very different. So that's kind of different. Extended focus - that could mean something. It does represent/require self discipline.

Let's see, outside of yourself, the main speakers/players are males and they exhibit a variety of different character traits. And if you count the authoritarian character of the setting, you could, with a gender role bias of contemporary culture (fading but it's still there), call that male too. And dream you had that complicated system figured out so well that you could advise others. You were very aware of and adhered to the insider/outsider dynamic except you questioned yourself at one point: They were all gonna do what they wanted and there was nothing wrong with me doing it either.

You have the lascivious creepster and you respond to him in a way that is kind of surprising by trumping his sexual aggressiveness. And this spurs him on. You also held yourself back from making physical contact. Self restraint. Smart discipline with a twist.

You have the uncles, father and step father who's character traits are or would be to step in and handle the creepster. Dream you expects them to do this and is taken aback for a second when one walks away. These may be people for whom it is safe to have physical contact. Like in whooping somebody's bum for you. They are authority.

You even have a random male who is a soft rule breaker and he questions your light admonishment. It wasn't quite that. More of a correction. Restraint. And you gave this male your detailed attention even down to his eyes. And it is at that juncture where you openly question your own restraint.

Okay total, you have an extended focus on male characteristics that are external to you but have a definite impact upon you and you are inside a whole complex that could be a representation of male dominated culture. Authority v. Rebellion. And you begin by shopping for yarn and your own tastes and those even require self-discipline to a degree.

Questions I would ask if we were having tea:

Do you fear you've become too restrained in the face of some dominant cultural paradigm? Have you achieved by working diligently and sacrificing or neglecting other drives of yours? Have you worried about not knowing how far you should go or how much you should exert your own influence in a situation? Have you made time to stop and ... noodle around? :whis: Or have you worried that you've broken a rule yourself and are unsure about it? Or is there a rule you've thought about breaking, but have restrained yourself, perhaps from even thinking about it? Do you feel you have balanced self-discipline or has the mental popo taken control for what may be good reasons but also may now be too limiting? Do you feel confident in handling your own wild side?

All work and no play or the reverse. Redefining terms.

I think all of these males may be parts of you and the wild side is less represented because dream you at least feels it should be but continually questions herself about her expectations of authority and discipline.

I have no advice as I suspect you are quite good at advising yourself.:)

Those are the words that would come. Obviously, YMMV wildly!

Thanks for the opportunity. Sorry for being verbose.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:40:14 pm by Annie Roonie »

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 12:28:54 am »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;50382
I like dream threads. They don't get a ton of views or responses, but who cares? Sometimes you just need to tell it.  When I go through dreams I break them down. I apologize for repeating things, but it helps if I make a mistake in summary to be corrected and sometimes the correction can be a key. And summary allows me to figure. :o

It's perfectly fine, I like in depth dream conversations :3

When reading this I kept being surprised at how many different things happened that still kept in the same story line (not sure what to call it so I'm using that). If mine switch location, the whole story line become very different. So that's kind of different. Extended focus - that could mean something. It does represent/require self discipline.

My dreams often do this. It's not unusual for there to be more than one change of setting, and although sometimes I have random scenes thrown in to serious dreams like this, it usually does connect in some way to the main dream. You should hear one of my dreams that I know for a fact was caused by my spirit guide/companion Xintao (he's a fox/wolf something lol). It's the extended focus that usually lets me know this is something a bit different. Also, I'd like to point out that this was a rare dream where I actually dreamt in first person for the majority of it. I usually dream in third person, seeing myself interact with others, with random first person "shots" thrown in. Another thing to point out is that I usually have at least one friend, my twin, or my boyfriend actually show up in the dream. This time, although I felt they were somewhere on the campus, they weren't near me. It was like I knew they were there for me to go find and have a safe area, but they weren't actually there.

Let's see, outside of yourself, the main speakers/players are males and they exhibit a variety of different character traits. And if you count the authoritarian character of the setting, you could, with a gender role bias of contemporary culture (fading but it's still there), call that male too. And dream you had that complicated system figured out so well that you could advise others. You were very aware of and adhered to the insider/outsider dynamic except you questioned yourself at one point: They were all gonna do what they wanted and there was nothing wrong with me doing it either.
That actually wasn't me questioning myself, the boy actually said that to me "We're all gonna do what we want to do anyway, it's not like there's anything wrong with it. You're doing it too." Dialogue isn't always clear, so I'm approximating what I recall him saying. I guess the insider/outsider dynamic had to do with safety, I'm a very safety conscious person, to the point of being a mild germaphobe, and having my anxiety triggered when I'm outside by myself at night. Honestly, I'm a bit paranoid.

You have the lascivious creepster and you respond to him in a way that is kind of surprising by trumping his sexual aggressiveness. And this spurs him on. You also held yourself back from making physical contact. Self restraint. Smart discipline with a twist.
People like that make me angry, I've verbally attacked people in real life over their inappropriate commentary towards friends or in general. It's rude and gross, and honestly it was part laziness on my dream self's part to push him off on my uncles.

You have the uncles, father and step father who's character traits are or would be to step in and handle the creepster. Dream you expects them to do this and is taken aback for a second when one walks away. These may be people for whom it is safe to have physical contact. Like in whooping somebody's bum for you. They are authority.
I guess? One uncle I haven't seen in a few years, the other has recently lost my respect over his homophobic treatment of my recently out the closet cousin, and my stepdad has variable respect, depends on the situation. I just know that they'll always protect me lol My stepdad was the only one who actually said anything and he was there for my stepsister, who never showed up in the dream either.

You even have a random male who is a soft rule breaker and he questions your light admonishment. It wasn't quite that. More of a correction. Restraint. And you gave this male your detailed attention even down to his eyes. And it is at that juncture where you openly question your own restraint.
I've no idea why his appearance was so important, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a manifestation of Xintao. He has black fur and green or gold eyes. It's not important for us even though I usually know that info about people. It depends on what he feels like being that day really. But I do know that often when details are that vivid it means something important and probably the whole point of everything.

Okay total, you have an extended focus on male characteristics that are external to you but have a definite impact upon you and you are inside a whole complex that could be a representation of male dominated culture. Authority v. Rebellion. And you begin by shopping for yarn and your own tastes and those even require self-discipline to a degree.
Interesting opinion :3

Questions I would ask if we were having tea:

Do you fear you've become too restrained in the face of some dominant cultural paradigm? Have you achieved by working diligently and sacrificing or neglecting other drives of yours? Have you worried about not knowing how far you should go or how much you should exert your own influence in a situation? Have you made time to stop and ... noodle around? :whis: Or have you worried that you've broken a rule yourself and are unsure about it? Or is there a rule you've thought about breaking, but have restrained yourself, perhaps from even thinking about it? Do you feel you have balanced self-discipline or has the mental popo taken control for what may be good reasons but also may now be too limiting? Do you feel confident in handling your own wild side?

Don't know about cultural paradigms. I've never been one to worry about that. My parents taught me some different things that contradict the typical paradigm. I also know that my mother also taught me that her paradigm is the one I should conform to, though I imagine she isn't aware of that. I'm not sure about the second question, right now there isn't a lot I would say I've accomplished, except perhaps the realization that I'm no longer a Christian and don't really want to be, am a bisexual (doesn't really matter, I have a boyfriend and we're quite happy rofl), and that I'm really tired of my mom's authoritarian demeanor. Most of the males in my life are liberal to some degree, or in the mind that I'm an adult and they know they can't stop me from doing what I like anyway. I currently live with my grandmother, so currently the only conversation I'm dreading having with my mother is about my religion. I know it'll come up eventually and remembering past conversations makes me truly wary, but I'm also tired of how she treats me and tries to control me. Her behavior is out of fear and love, but it's still inappropriate. And I hate the carwash noodles, both in the first dream where that setting showed up, and in the dream XD they feel creepy and are annoying. As far as restraining myself from something or a particular rule and controlling my wild side, yes and no. I know that my wild side is very wild, it shows itself in every non-filtered comment, refusal to be politically correct, and combining eloquence with rage. Lots of people have wondered why I never considered political science or law. The key is I have to start out calm when going into spiels, if you get me angry first then I'm just liable to explode. Because of this, and because I'd be going up against the very person I get this from (and I'm often forced to restrain myself around her), I've been worrying about this topic.

All work and no play or the reverse. Redefining terms.

I think all of these males may be parts of you and the wild side is less represented because dream you at least feels it should be but continually questions herself about her expectations of authority and discipline.

I have no advice as I suspect you are quite good at advising yourself.:)

Those are the words that would come. Obviously, YMMV wildly!

Thanks for the opportunity. Sorry for being verbose.

You're probably pretty right on the mark here lol

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 01:02:12 am »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;50386

That actually wasn't me questioning myself, the boy actually said that to me "We're all gonna do what we want to do anyway, it's not like there's anything wrong with it. You're doing it too."

Ah! I misunderstood.

Well, all of this other information helps. And I think earth_dragon actually had the better take on it given all.

I hope when you do have that conversation with your mother that it goes better than what it did for your cousin.

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 01:27:43 am »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;50389
Ah! I misunderstood.

Well, all of this other information helps. And I think earth_dragon actually had the better take on it given all.

I hope when you do have that conversation with your mother that it goes better than what it did for your cousin.

Meh, the only way it would is for me to find a way to avoid it until my father comes for his annual visit from Florida. Then I can have the conversation on my terms, at my grandmother's house, with both her and my father as backup. Then she can't go off on me and they'll keep her from blasting me with damnation predictions, telling me how "disappointed" God is, how I'm hurting Jesus and being ungrateful and such things. She did the same bullshit when she found out I was having sex. She did that bullshit before I started having sex at all, much less knew about it. She only stopped doing that when I didn't want to go to church last year. As much as she promised to be open and caring and such about those personal choices, she really isn't comfortable with it at all. I can't even kiss my boyfriend or lean on him around her. And it's not like I'm all over him anyway. I remember contesting that once and she went off on me about how just because I decided that i didn't want to obey the Bible's rules on purity didn't mean I had to flaunt it in her face. I didn't bother responding to that with the logical response: what's so impure about light kisses and leaning to watch a movie together? Not like I'm on his lap or anything!

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 12:47:31 am »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;50390

I has a new dream for you all!

I decided to post it to my blog since it's long and I figured that would be easier. Any comments? I'm really posting it for amusement more than anything, so don't feel bad if you can't come up with any "logical" interpretations
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:10:02 am by SunflowerP »

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 11:04:59 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;57146
I has a new dream for you all!

I decided to post it to my blog since it's long and I figured that would be easier. Any comments? I'm really posting it for amusement more than anything, so don't feel bad if you can't come up with any "logical" interpretations

I'll head over to your blog to comment. I read it earlier today but need to reread. I am blamin' the heat!

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 11:07:38 pm »
Quote from: Annie Roonie;57333
I'll head over to your blog to comment. I read it earlier today but need to reread. I am blamin' the heat!

lol it's cool, I'm happy to blame the heat for you XD

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 09:48:10 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;57334
lol it's cool, I'm happy to blame the heat for you XD

So, today is the second sexual dream I've had. The problem is that I don't usually have such dreams, and the dreams are actually very disturbing. Any ideas?

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 02:37:23 am »
Quote from: earth_dragon;50381

Who wants to read my dream? :ange: http://sunnyhorizon.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/another-dream-absolutely/

Tags: