collapse

Author Topic: Hera and the days of the week  (Read 3958 times)

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
Hera and the days of the week
« on: July 06, 2011, 03:30:06 pm »
As I said in the "What practice looks like?" thread, I'm not doing any religous practice lately. After reading that thread, I thought I should start doing something again, even if it seems meaningless. And I decided to do something weekly or at least monthly for each of the deities I worship.

I want to do something weekly for Hera, but I've no idea what day of the week would be better for Her. Does any of you have a weekly practice in which you include Hera? If so, which day do you dedicate to Her?

If you don't, but you had to pick a fitting day of the week for Her, what day would it be? And if you do or would have to do something for Her monthly, which day of the month would you choose?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:00:00 pm by RandallS »
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

Nyktelios

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hera and the days of the week
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:05:19 am »
Quote from: IceAngie;2040
As I said in the "What practice looks like?" thread, I'm not doing any religous practice lately. After reading that thread, I thought I should start doing something again, even if it seems meaningless. And I decided to do something weekly or at least monthly for each of the deities I worship.

I want to do something weekly for Hera, but I've no idea what day of the week would be better for Her. Does any of you have a weekly practice in which you include Hera? If so, which day do you dedicate to Her?

If you don't, but you had to pick a fitting day of the week for Her, what day would it be? And if you do or would have to do something for Her monthly, which day of the month would you choose?

Hmm, I don't know about which day of the week is most appropriate. Honestly, I don't think it matters very much, as long as you're consistent.

I often honour Hera Teleia on the full moon, myself. I've never come across an ancient source that says to do so, but it makes sense to me.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:18:29 am »
I want to do something weekly for Hera, but I've no idea what day of the week would be better for Her.

I can't think of any source material that indicates She favors one day of the week over others. I suspect you could just select a day of the week that feels right to you.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 08:03:27 pm »
Quote from: Carnelian;2917
Hmm, I don't know about which day of the week is most appropriate. Honestly, I don't think it matters very much, as long as you're consistent.

I often honour Hera Teleia on the full moon, myself. I've never come across an ancient source that says to do so, but it makes sense to me.

Thanks, Carnelian and Randall. I had the idea of honoring Her on the full moon too, but I wasn't sure about it. It's good to know I'm not the only one. From that, I thought it may be ok to honor Her on Mondays. I'll see how that goes. :)

NYHelleniste

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 12:29:52 pm »

I normally honor Her on Thursdays together with Zeus. This is based on UPG from being a Spanish-speaker where Thursday is Jupiter's day and of course as goddess of marriage I think it's best to honor Her together with Her husband.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 01:54:15 pm »
Quote from: NYHelleniste;5175
I normally honor Her on Thursdays together with Zeus. This is based on UPG from being a Spanish-speaker where Thursday is Jupiter's day and of course as goddess of marriage I think it's best to honor Her together with Her husband.

Ah, that's a good idea. Thanks!

kallimahos

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 05:34:03 am »
Quote from: IceAngie;5467
Ah, that's a good idea. Thanks!

My guess is, she should be honored in those days of the week when the family or the couple is gathered in the house, on leisure-days and such.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 05:29:46 pm »
Quote from: kallimahos;6123
My guess is, she should be honored in those days of the week when the family or the couple is gathered in the house, on leisure-days and such.

Thanks! :)

Tags: