Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 13Dec11 through 19Dec11  (Read 2064 times)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 13Dec11 through 19Dec11
« on: December 13, 2011, 09:18:49 am »
Welcome to the Discussion of the Week for December 13th through 19th, 2011!

Topic: Growth and Expansion

Background reading: Wings of Flame; Flying Spirit

Questions:

Do you let yourself grow, or do you hold back? Why?

How attached do you get to the coping mechanism that lets you handle your weakness? Does that help you or hold you back?

What does it mean to you to let your spirit fly? Can you let go of control enough to let it happen?
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 13Dec11 through 19Dec11
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 03:07:45 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;34535

The right discussion at just the right moment.
While cooking dinner tonight, I stood at the oven, putting the cut peppers in the pan and thinking to myself: How long are you planning to lie to yourself? You are not a writer. You do not write. You accomplish nothing.

That's the hold-back part.
Someone wrote recently, that what I felt to be true a long time: We are afraid to fail and afraid to succeed at the same moment.

What, if I delve into the whole creativity thing and find out, that there is not really what I expect to be there? What if I try and fail? What if I try and succeed?

Do I have the backbone to stand so tall?

Same person wrote about feeling comfortable.
And about how this is not the place to go, regarding witchcraft.
Which puts a twist to the 'do what feels right'.

I'd say it is more a: Do what you know that's right and when it starts to scare you and it feels uncomfortable - then you are on the right track.

Always, always push your comfort zone.

I find myself often dwelling rather comfortable on the edge of possibilities. On the in between point of things, there where everything is bright and everything goes. But it's not a place to stay.

And I know, if I was able to kick myself into gear to go to the gym twice a week, I will find the discipline I need to accomplish my other tasks too.
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Fier

• Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pantheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 09:00:59 pm »

Questions:

I do hold myself back. I have been unhappy with my job for awhile now, but I am afraid to change it. I fear I don't have skills to find something else. I fear another job will be too hard, too stressful, or the schedule will be all wrong. I fear a new job will be just another job, nothing I'm passionate about.

How attached do you get to the coping mechanism that lets you handle your weakness? Does that help you or hold you back?

Quite attached. I avoid situations that would bring out my weaknesses. I don't try for fear of failure. And it holds me back. It keeps me stagnant.

What does it mean to you to let your spirit fly? Can you let go of control enough to let it happen?

To let my spirit fly is to be creative. Inquisitive. Active instead of introspective. To question, to seek, to try and to fail, to love and to experience.

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 12:05:17 pm »

Questions:

I hold myself back.  I can see what I need to do to grow, and I am pushed toward it by my gods, but I try to stand in one place rather than move forward.  It is fear that keeps my feet anchored.

I am very attached to my fear; for years it kept me safe and in control.  Letting myself grow means letting go of the control I've mastered and it is something I cannot yet bring myself to do without first fighting to the point of exhaustion.

It means growth, and freedom.  It means flow, and movement, and fluid change.  I want to let go...but I am not ready.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Shawnee

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 08:05:35 pm »

I generally hold back because I'm afraid of not doing things right, disappointing others, and being made fun of.

Lately I have been very attached and it does nothing but hold me down.

To let my spirit fly would mean listening to that inner voice telling me to try this or do that. It would be being able to walk in a room and not worry about fitting into a mold. Instead, I play the but what if game. Can I let go? I don't know but I'm going to try. :)

Tags: