collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 15Nov11 through 22Nov11  (Read 1746 times)

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 15Nov11 through 22Nov11
« on: November 15, 2011, 08:47:32 am »
Welcome to the Discussion of the Week for November 15th through 22nd, 2011!

Topic: Petitioning the Divine

Background reading: Dancing with the Universe; Prayer and Magic

Questions: What is worth asking for? Why?

What does it mean to petition the Divine for aid?

How does interconnectedness apply to requests for aid? What does it mean here to be all one thing as well as individuals?
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Devo

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
Re: FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 15Nov11 through 22Nov11
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 04:16:54 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;30296

As stated above, I only ask for things that I really feel I need. I don’t waste the gods’ or my time asking for trivial stuff. I feel it belittles my abilities and the gods’ good graces. So I only ask for what is really really important. Or when I seriously feel I can’t take anymore.

There are many methods. You could sit down and chat with the Divine and hope that if you drop hints, the universe will respond. You could directly ask. Magic is another method. Getting up and doing mundane things to help your crisis is another method. Any of these could apply as a definition for petitioning the Divine for aid.

In short, doing whatever you feel is best to reach your end goals. Whether it’s relying upon yourself, or others to reach those goals.

How does interconnectedness apply to requests for aid? What does it mean here to be all one thing as well as individuals?

I think it means that we can rely on others. And that responses to requests for aid can come from any portion of  ’the whole’. You might ask one portion for help, and receive that help from a totally different ‘section’ of the divine. There are no hard set rules. It also can mean that everything is connected, and requesting for help can affect other areas of the divine in ways that you didn’t anticipate. So that you should ask for help with caution.

Full post here: http://thetwistedrope.wordpress.com/2011/11/20/fk-journal-dancing-with-the-universe/

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

Shawnee

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: FlameKeeping Discussion of the Week - 15Nov11 through 22Nov11
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 07:55:05 pm »
Yes, I am way behind but working nonetheless...need to catch up on the essays I haven't done so bear with me. :)

I think basic needs, true potential, and guidance to help you achieve those is worth it. To me those are worth it because without the basic needs of life met it is hard to focus on enjoying life and thinking about what might be possible. Being able to reach your full potential and the guidance needed along the journey can bring happiness, peace, and so much more.

Petitioning the Divine is to ask for the guidance you need while searching yourself for what you can contribute to the process.

Because everyone is connected what an individual sees as a want/desire may actually not be the best thing for the common good. That is why sometimes what we have asked for doesn't materialize. However, what we do get is another pathway that we didn't realize was there and it can lead to even better things.

Tags: