Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: New Moon Celtic Deity (or just General Moon Deity)?  (Read 4744 times)

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
New Moon Celtic Deity (or just General Moon Deity)?
« on: October 24, 2011, 11:34:00 pm »
I'm going to try my first ritual this new moon. (I know, time runch but I don't want Samhain to be my first, you know?)

I'm looking for a Celtic Deity that is particular to the New Moon for a type of clensing ritual. Or a generalized Moon Deity. Preferably not a Full Moon Deity because That's kinda the opposite of what I'm looking for... (isn't it?)

Also, now that I think of it, a Deity representig purity or cleansing or sometihng along thse lines would work too. I"m going togo look tat up, but also leave this in your capable hands.

Do you know how many times I've started a post only to have writing out the question to you all spark something within me and then I've got my anwser, or at least a new avenue of approach? A lot, but this time I'm leaving the question up, your brains are probably better than my google-fu.

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Moon Celtic Deity (or just General Moon Deity)?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 12:28:54 am »
Quote from: Tamina;27363
I'm going to try my first ritual this new moon. (I know, time runch but I don't want Samhain to be my first, you know?)

I'm looking for a Celtic Deity that is particular to the New Moon for a type of clensing ritual. Or a generalized Moon Deity. Preferably not a Full Moon Deity because That's kinda the opposite of what I'm looking for... (isn't it?)

Also, now that I think of it, a Deity representig purity or cleansing or sometihng along thse lines would work too. I"m going togo look tat up, but also leave this in your capable hands.

Do you know how many times I've started a post only to have writing out the question to you all spark something within me and then I've got my anwser, or at least a new avenue of approach? A lot, but this time I'm leaving the question up, your brains are probably better than my google-fu.

Arianrhod & Cerridwen are both connected to the moon
[Now using the Cryfder account]

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 01:09:41 am »
Quote from: Celtag;27371

I've been thinking seriously about Arianrhod, she's called to me since I read about her, but I haven't gotten into reading more yet. I want to explore a bit more of the others before I get completely sidetracked. (Research is one of my weaknesses, I'll spend hours and hours off on a tangent when I should be writing because I've already found out what I wanted to know but can't pull myself away from the information.)

I haven't gotten to Cerridwen yet. But I mean to.

Thanks for the help!

Celtag

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 01:12:47 am »
Quote from: Tamina;27375
I've been thinking seriously about Arianrhod, she's called to me since I read about her, but I haven't gotten into reading more yet. I want to explore a bit more of the others before I get completely sidetracked. (Research is one of my weaknesses, I'll spend hours and hours off on a tangent when I should be writing because I've already found out what I wanted to know but can't pull myself away from the information.)

I haven't gotten to Cerridwen yet. But I mean to.

Thanks for the help!

Your Welcome!
[Now using the Cryfder account]

Taliesin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 02:25:28 am »

It's probably just my UPG, but I've always associated Manannan with the moon. It has such an innate connection with the sea and tides that I've always felt it's a natural association, y'know? Also water could be seen as a purifying body.

Hrm, that actually opens up many other options too! Danu, like I believe Manannan to be, is a primordial deity, goddess who created raw/initially pure life of 'Divine Waters'. Maybe She could also be an option? A 'raw' state is a nice idea in terms of purification, returned to your natural form and removed of all baggage and 'stuff.'

I hope some of my rambling helped somewhat, haha.
Cambiano solo le onde, sempre uguali e sempre diverse.
Feel free to leave a candle at the Manannán shrine.

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 01:24:59 pm »
Quote from: Taliesin;27385
It's probably just my UPG, but I've always associated Manannan with the moon. It has such an innate connection with the sea and tides that I've always felt it's a natural association, y'know? Also water could be seen as a purifying body.

Hrm, that actually opens up many other options too! Danu, like I believe Manannan to be, is a primordial deity, goddess who created raw/initially pure life of 'Divine Waters'. Maybe She could also be an option? A 'raw' state is a nice idea in terms of purification, returned to your natural form and removed of all baggage and 'stuff.'

It did. Now I've got some gods to look into and think about. I'm still really drawn to Arianrhod, since she also represents reincarnation and I'm a firm believer in that, but it's nice to have a few options. After that, I can spend today puttig together my ritual.

Taliesin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:44:01 pm »
Quote from: Tamina;27444
It did. Now I've got some gods to look into and think about. I'm still really drawn to Arianrhod, since she also represents reincarnation and I'm a firm believer in that, but it's nice to have a few options. After that, I can spend today puttig together my ritual.

I'm glad. Maybe you should meditate on Her a little, see what vibe you get? Then you might have a stronger sense of which direction to go in. Just an idea! :)

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:38:39 am »
Quote from: Celtag;27371

I ended up using Arainrhod during the ritual, and connected to her as a representation of myself as a woman. It worked wonderfully, I think. Thank you for your help! I did end up making something as a representation of her. [attach=CONFIG][/attach]

Those are little bits of crystal quartz attatched to tehe outside, along with some grey/silver swarski pearls and lots and lots of silver colored wire. LOL

I've also decided to do a spell/ritual of some kind dedicating my Tarot deck to Cerwidden, in a plea for her help. *grin*
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:46:39 am by Tamina »

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 11:41:34 am »
Quote from: Taliesin;27385

Mannannan! I used him in my ritual ast night, and think I have found a bit og a gruff protective leading hand in him. Where I live, southern Louisana, water is such a huge part of life. It's so big it permeates the air all year round. It's nearly 11am in the end of OCtober, and the humidity is already at 54%. Thank you forbringing his connection to the moon to my attention, personal or not, I wouldn'thave thought of it otherwise. *beams*

(Btw, what does UPG mean?)

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 11:45:38 am »

If anyone else is intrested, I also ended up using Epona, as a connection to the earth and a Hearth Goddess and for her, somewhere I read about it, connection to the night. I think it comes from the idea that Her white horse sometimes leads the dead to the Underworld because she's been represented with keys. I don't know, but it ended up working, I've connected to her on a ver specific level, as a mother and a caretaker.

Taliesin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 12:06:27 pm »
Quote from: Tamina;27836
Mannannan! I used him in my ritual ast night, and think I have found a bit og a gruff protective leading hand in him. Where I live, southern Louisana, water is such a huge part of life. It's so big it permeates the air all year round. It's nearly 11am in the end of OCtober, and the humidity is already at 54%. Thank you forbringing his connection to the moon to my attention, personal or not, I wouldn'thave thought of it otherwise. *beams*

(Btw, what does UPG mean?)

UPG stands for unverified personal gnosis.

But that's awesome, you're welcome! I really love your creation for Arianrhod, by the way. :)

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 02:21:05 pm »
Quote from: Taliesin;27841
UPG stands for unverified personal gnosis.

But that's awesome, you're welcome! I really love your creation for Arianrhod, by the way. :)

Thanks! It took along time to make, I plan on making something for others too.

I think that my view of Epona as a Hearth and Home Goddess is a UPG then. Which is really cool.

Tags: