Results 1 to 1 of 1
23 Jun 2011 06:04 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Last Online
- Today @ 11:38 AM
- Central Texas
- Hellenic Pagan
About the Cauldron Cill SIG (Special Rules)
The Cauldron Cill is a Brighidine Flamekeeping group, where members tend Brighid’s flame in rotating shifts. Our purpose in Keeping Her flame is to bring Brighid’s energies and blessings into our lives, as well as honor Her in our own ways.
The Cauldron Cill is open to all Cauldron members; while Brighid’s flame has been traditionally kept only by women, many modern cills, including our own, have both male and female Keepers. Members can request a shift by posting in the Requests to join the Cill thread, noting any shift preferences or restrictions they may have. Shift schedules are posted by Sunflower, and can also be viewed using Google Calendar; shifts begin at sunset of the listed date, and continue until sunset of the following day. If a Keeper is unable to keep on their scheduled shift, they should let the cill know at their earliest opportunity, so the shift can be covered. Also, if a Keeper would like to change their shift, or take a temporary or permanent leave of the cill, they should let Sunflower, Finn, or Juni know via PM.
Recently, The Cauldron Cill has begun discussing group projects, such as healing requests and meditation themes; the cill has also done Group Keeping on several occasions. All group projects are entirely on an opt-in basis- no Keeper is required to participate in any such activity.
This SIG board is a place for Keepers to share their experiences during shifts, collaborate on projects, and share poetry, artwork and prayers, amongst other things. Members will have a better experience here if they keep the following in mind:
- Anyone is free to start a new thread, but we ask that it relate to Brighid or flamekeeping in some way or another.
- Thread drift is a way of life and inevitability at the Cauldron, but we ask that members keep to the original topic as much as possible, taking any drifting conversation to a more suitable board.
- Debate over the acceptability of male Keepers is not welcome here. The Cauldron Cill finds it unacceptable to discriminate against someone due to their gender, and Brighid may judge us as She chooses.
- Unverified Personal Gnosis is welcome in The Cauldron Cill, but we ask that it be labeled as such when presented. This also goes for non-scholastic sources, such as something published by Llewellyn, in a novel, etcetera.
- While non-Cill members are welcome to post, non-Members should refrain from telling Cill members how to run the Cill or that their devotional practices are somehow incorrect. (Doing so is like walking into a church you aren't a member of and telling people there how to run their church and how to worship.)
Moderators: SunflowerP, Finn, Juni
Last edited by RandallS; 23 Jun 2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Request Link Updated
By RandallS in forum Asatru and Heathenry SIGReplies: 0Last Post: 23 Jun 2011, 06:01 PM
By RandallS in forum Pagan Parents SIGReplies: 0Last Post: 23 Jun 2011, 05:06 PM
By RandallS in forum College Pagans SIGReplies: 0Last Post: 23 Jun 2011, 05:04 PM
By RandallS in forum Special Topic DiscussionsReplies: 0Last Post: 23 Jun 2011, 04:55 PM