"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: Altar & Shrine inspiration & pics  (Read 125836 times)

Sulischild

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sulischild.blogspot.com.au/
Re: Altar & Shrine inspiration & pics
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2013, 02:08:07 am »
Quote from: RedHawk;94945
Very nice, here are mine.

I like the pale colour scheme you're working with.  What's in the frames?

Here's an updated shot of mine, with oodles of fresh flowers from the yard and some other new bits and pieces:

RedHawk

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:14 pm »
Quote from: Sulischild;95044
I like the pale colour scheme you're working with.  What's in the frames?

Here's an updated shot of mine, with oodles of fresh flowers from the yard and some other new bits and pieces:

Apollo, Hecate, and Artemis.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:12:38 pm by RedHawk »

Aranel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2013, 07:34:09 pm »
Quote from: caelestisraven;1045

So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.

Mine's nearly finished.

The image is huge so here it is: http://oi49.tinypic.com/11ij2i0.jpg

And because I'm in love with it and want to show it off, here's a close up of my journal (it stays on there because it's the safest place for it)
It was a present from a friend, he added the crystal to it. It's so bloody perfect! :D (Fell like pointing out, the whole thing in on top of one of my bookcases. The entire top shelf and quite a bit of the other shelf is full of Tolkien books :p )

http://oi47.tinypic.com/rkzluq.jpg

Anyway, it's not quite finished yet. I'm trying to find something suitable to reuse as a plastic cover/bag for the druid animal oracle cards as I want to stick them to the wall either side of the drawing. (I don't want to damage the cards with blu-tack)

You can't quite see it but I always keep it near because it makes me giggle. The piece of cane you can see at the far left of the photo is the top of a broomstick. It's just one of the cheap ones all the shops sell at Halloween but a family member gave it to me on Halloween years ago as a joke and I kept it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:38:44 pm by Aranel »

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2013, 08:05:41 pm »
Quote from: Aranel;105176
Anyway, it's not quite finished yet. I'm trying to find something suitable to reuse as a plastic cover/bag for the druid animal oracle cards as I want to stick them to the wall either side of the drawing. (I don't want to damage the cards with blu-tack)

Lovely altar! And my boyfriend has that notebook ;)

I may have a suggestion! Try in game shops for some plastic card protectors. I know you can buy them for games like Magic the Gathering so you might luck out in one :D
Or see if any large stationary shops have them :)
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

MattyG

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2013, 02:02:54 am »
I would love some inspiration & ideas. So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.

Haven't had time to read the whole thread yet, but I thought I'd contribute.

Currently I'm living with my Christian mother and only have one room to myself, so while I'd like to keep separate shrines for separate deities, I do not have the luxury.

I'm hold to the Irish gods, so all of the imagery is meant to represent those gods.
The vase: I try to keep this vase stocked with flowers in honor of Danu. During the winter, I keep an origami tulip in it.

The statue to the right: This is a statue of the Dagda I had commissioned. I am usually frugal with my shrine since I'm a broke college student, but I splurged a little on this since I loved the artists style (Erinnightwalker from the forums http://erinnightwalker.deviantart.com/gallery/)

The thing behind the vase: This is a lantern I made a few weeks back. Each of the three faces depicts a different aspect of Lugh, and it's just big enough to fit nicely over a small candle.

To the left of the vase: I keep an origami crane and two stones from the beach in honor of Manannan mac Lir. On one side of the round stone I've sketched a sea-bird, and on the other I've drawn a triskelion.

The corn dolly: This is the corn dolly I made to honor Brighid this last Imbolc. I have it leaning right next to my Brighid's cross.

On the wall: I have pictures of the world tree, the Morrigan, Lugh, and Airmid. These are just pictures I've particularly liked.

To the far right: I try to keep this side dedicated to the spirits of my ancestors. I keep a journal that I use to record information I find and stories I write while researching my ancestors. Sitting on top of it right now is a skull-candleholder that I picked up in Hawaii before I was even a pagan.

To the far left: I try to keep this side dedicated to the spirits of nature. I keep the National Audubon Societies Field Guide to California here. On top of that is a small bag of Ogham staves I purchased on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/greenwomancrafts)

So, that's about it. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2013, 07:57:26 am »
Quote from: MattyG;105717
Haven't had time to read the whole thread yet, but I thought I'd contribute.

Currently I'm living with my Christian mother and only have one room to myself, so while I'd like to keep separate shrines for separate deities, I do not have the luxury.

I'm hold to the Irish gods, so all of the imagery is meant to represent those gods.
The vase: I try to keep this vase stocked with flowers in honor of Danu. During the winter, I keep an origami tulip in it.

The statue to the right: This is a statue of the Dagda I had commissioned. I am usually frugal with my shrine since I'm a broke college student, but I splurged a little on this since I loved the artists style (Erinnightwalker from the forums http://erinnightwalker.deviantart.com/gallery/)

The thing behind the vase: This is a lantern I made a few weeks back. Each of the three faces depicts a different aspect of Lugh, and it's just big enough to fit nicely over a small candle.

To the left of the vase: I keep an origami crane and two stones from the beach in honor of Manannan mac Lir. On one side of the round stone I've sketched a sea-bird, and on the other I've drawn a triskelion.

The corn dolly: This is the corn dolly I made to honor Brighid this last Imbolc. I have it leaning right next to my Brighid's cross.

On the wall: I have pictures of the world tree, the Morrigan, Lugh, and Airmid. These are just pictures I've particularly liked.

To the far right: I try to keep this side dedicated to the spirits of my ancestors. I keep a journal that I use to record information I find and stories I write while researching my ancestors. Sitting on top of it right now is a skull-candleholder that I picked up in Hawaii before I was even a pagan.

To the far left: I try to keep this side dedicated to the spirits of nature. I keep the National Audubon Societies Field Guide to California here. On top of that is a small bag of Ogham staves I purchased on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/greenwomancrafts)

So, that's about it. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

I think it's lovely!
That altar cloth is beautiful :)

MattyG

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2013, 06:24:03 pm »
Quote from: Cág;105720
I think it's lovely!
That altar cloth is beautiful :)

Thanks! I got the cloth from 13 Moons (http://www.13moons.com/). I believe it's actually a sari, but it gets the job done.

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2013, 11:49:10 am »
Quote from: MattyG;105790
Thanks! I got the cloth from 13 Moons (http://www.13moons.com/). I believe it's actually a sari, but it gets the job done.

A sarong, actually, but it serves anyway, and it is beautiful.

(I may or may not while away time browsing 13 Moons and such shops, whether I care to buy or not...)
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2013, 05:47:57 pm »
Quote from: MattyG;105790

I like browsing on there, unfortunately their shipping is very high for where I live if memory serves me right :(

MattyG

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2013, 01:32:36 am »
Quote from: MattyG;105717

In case anyone wanted more details about the lantern, I posted a more detailed description over in the Hazel and Oak board (http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/showthread.php?6548-A-fun-project)

It's really a fun, affordable, and easy project. I would consider checking it out.

Vale

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2013, 05:39:57 am »

I would love some inspiration & ideas. So if anyone would love to share pics or descriptions of their altars it would be lovely. I always find it just amazing the beauty & creativity that go into some altars & shrines.

This is what my current outdoor altar looks like

and its setting

The stone circle started out as  a folly but has actually turned out to be really quite useful!

Ginko

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2013, 02:59:24 pm »
I Love the stone circle!  Very cool!

Quote from: Vale;137052

The stone circle started out as  a folly but has actually turned out to be really quite useful!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:02:14 pm by Ginko »
Ginko

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2013, 08:31:06 pm »
Quote from: Vale;107532
This is what my current outdoor altar looks like

and its setting

That stone circle is great!
I want one now..... Someday! XD :p

DashesAgainst

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2013, 08:40:06 pm »
Quote from: Cág;108003
That stone circle is great!
I want one now..... Someday! XD :p

Agreed!   It's fantastic!
"Of all the rest of mankind, make him your friend who distinguishes himself by his virtue." - The Golden Verses of Pythagoras

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2013, 06:47:32 am »
Quote from: Ginko;107966

A Reminder:
Hi, Ginko,

Though you succeeded in editing so that the quote appears as a quote, you didn't succeed in complying with the reason we want one: to provide a trackback link to the post you're quoting.  You have what looks like a trackback link, but it only leads to a 'No thread specified' error page.

To get the result required by our  rules, you need to make sure that the numbers following the person's username in the open-quote code are the ones that go with the specific post you're quoting.  It doesn't work to lift them from a different post, or make them up.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower, TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: