Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: do you ever feel ?  (Read 3468 times)

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
do you ever feel ?
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:11:50 pm »
Do you ever feel when your staring into nature you feel like your not alone. Like when you look at the moon, you feel its special, or when the sunsets? when the waves go on the beach do you feel like somones telling you something? or when you hear animals it sounds like a choir? or even the most simplest thing, looking at the clouds and it still looks like somone is talking to you? Basically do you ever feel like your not alone, and that its a great mystery that will never be solved. if so share your experience.

Heres mine. Everytime I look out the window I feel those things I described and I say to myself "this seems planned. man and woman to populate the earth. The four elements for us to survive. Planets in orbit. Day and night, life and death. The connection of everything, such as for us to live something has to die. The seasons. the balance in our universe"

Lonstar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: do you ever feel ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 08:32:25 pm »
Quote from: addy;19748
Do you ever feel when your staring into nature you feel like your not alone.

Of course. Nothing like lifting the head skywards to marvel at the skies and cast the mind back to how it all began. Forests are my favourite. Something raw and 'oneness' in them - the way every thing just works in tandem so that the forest as a whole grows.

Livia Indica

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 08:34:39 pm »
Do you ever feel when your staring into nature you feel like your not alone. Like when you look at the moon, you feel its special, or when the sunsets? when the waves go on the beach do you feel like somones telling you something? or when you hear animals it sounds like a choir? or even the most simplest thing, looking at the clouds and it still looks like somone is talking to you? Basically do you ever feel like your not alone, and that its a great mystery that will never be solved. if so share your experience.

Heres mine. Everytime I look out the window I feel those things I described and I say to myself "this seems planned. man and woman to populate the earth. The four elements for us to survive. Planets in orbit. Day and night, life and death. The connection of everything, such as for us to live something has to die. The seasons. the balance in our universe"

I imagine that's a big yes for many of us on this board, we feel and experience these things, we recognize them and it sets us on our path. That's partly why some of us wound up on this board: looking for others who see things this way.

Robertus_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 09:43:11 pm »

All of it ten times yes!

Nature constantly speaks to me, whether it's a beautiful day out or a stormy one.

Mata

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 02:37:34 am »
Do you ever feel when your staring into nature you feel like your not alone. *snip*

Yes I do! I am particularly moved by celestial phenomenon. Nothing makes me tear up like a perfect sunrise/set. Having a huge thunderstorm pass always makes me feel an awe for the world as well. And the singing of birds before dawn makes me realize how effing beautiful things are/can be.
" For this feeling of wonder shows that you are a philosopher, since wonder is the only beginning of philosophy..." - Socrates to Theaetetus.
Find me on Goodreads here

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 07:58:25 am »

This is probably a fairly common feeling in humankind -- and one of the reasons people search for Gods.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Dujanka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 02:23:12 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;19888
This is probably a fairly common feeling in humankind -- and one of the reasons people search for Gods.

It's a shame a lot of people forgot that most things are alive.  One of the laws of nature I respect more than anything is take what you need not what you want.  

I'm a great hypocrite in this conversation with the current age lifestyle.  

I really have a hate passion for plastic.  It's the absolute worst invention I could think of besides the nukes and guns.  I'm not a hippie or a pacifistic guy.  Guns are the deterioration of a species where strength and a mans personal power mean a whole lot of dick.  Now military powers super mass an army of wimps.  Not saying they wouldn't make fine archers.  Now we're all archers.

I admired the age of steel because it took a whole lot more to be a warrior.

Deforestation really does piss me off too.  It's alive, bruh! WHAT U DOING?!

hufflee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 11:40:20 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;19888

Or goddesses, or subtypes or figments within our own imaginations, but yeah, I get what you're saying. I feel the same way...
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change - Unknown
"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish heart is laughing)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 11:06:06 am »
Do you ever feel when your staring into nature you feel like your not alone. Like when you look at the moon, you feel its special, or when the sunsets? when the waves go on the beach do you feel like somones telling you something? or when you hear animals it sounds like a choir? or even the most simplest thing, looking at the clouds and it still looks like somone is talking to you? Basically do you ever feel like your not alone, and that its a great mystery that will never be solved.

In more ways than I can possibly describe here. One of my favorites is to listen to the wind, feel it dance across my skin, hear it move through leaves, and try to "decode" it, see what thoughts it inspires.

Fifteeen years ago, on the first leg of a pagan pilgrimage, I went to Uluru (Ayers Rock) in the Australian outback, a giant red monolith rising from the desert; it's a strong sacred site, esp. for the aborigines. Walking around it at dawn, the sky barely light, I saw a kestrel circling from afar, its wings slicing through the empty desert air...and I had the overpowering feeling that the bird's motions, the strokes of its wings, carried meaning, almost as if it was inscribing a message in the sky.

I thought at that moment: "The Earth is speaking to me. I haven't got a clue what She's saying, but I know enough to listen." I've returned to that thought many times in the years since.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Tags: