Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: The Core Family Unit and Faith.  (Read 2831 times)

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
The Core Family Unit and Faith.
« on: September 11, 2011, 11:30:36 pm »
I was just curious... For those of you who are pagan parents, how do you incorporate faith into your daily life so that you teach your kids about it? Do you pray? Do you invite them to ritual? Do you have them do special projects during the holidays?

And in that... for those of you with kids who are school-aged, how is that processed when they hit the socialization age? How does it impact you when your kids say those darnedest things about multiple gods and magic?
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

SkylarB

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://fromthephoenixflames.blogspot.com/
Re: The Core Family Unit and Faith.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 06:31:28 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;19199
I was just curious... For those of you who are pagan parents, how do you incorporate faith into your daily life so that you teach your kids about it? Do you pray?

This is a great question, and I one I look forward to seeing other people's answers. I am just getting back into my practice and I have an almost 11yr old boy and an almost 3yr old boy. I have been setting up our alter in the office and told him that we are going to start doing some daily grounding and meditations. He is actually very excited about it! He has ADHD and I'm thinking this will help him learn to calm himself down when he gets too hyper, especially before his medication kicks in! I'm guessing my little one will just kinda run around during this time.

I haven't really talked to them about the Goddess and God. I think I'm going to kind of ease him into it.. show him by doing, not just talking.

I'm also going to start printing out pagan coloring pages and fun little stories for both my boys. I'm also going to try and do a family activity for each holiday, for instance, in November I'd like to make a big construction paper tree and tape it to the wall, and then cut out individual leaves. Then each day we have to write down 1 thing we are thankful for that day, and stick it onto the tree.

I think not only will these things teach my kids about morals and gratitude and all that good stuff, but it will help us grow closer as a family.

My husband isn't very supportive so I'm not sure how much he'll participate, but if not, I'll do it with my boys anyway!
Blessed be,
SkylarB  
My Wiccan Blog - From The Phoenix Flames

Lonstar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Core Family Unit and Faith.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 06:48:14 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;19199
I was just curious... For those of you who are pagan parents, how do you incorporate faith into your daily life so that you teach your kids about it? Do you pray? Do you invite them to ritual? Do you have them do special projects during the holidays?

My eldest is only four so I've a bit of time yet. But already he asks 'what made god?' :whis:

I don't force anything on him. I do answer his questions, but he's too young for ritual work. I enjoy teaching him about the seasons and marking the passing of one and the birth of another and relating that to life for him. To be honest, I've never really thought about faith and teaching kids, I just do what feels right and natural.

Tags: