Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Cleansing in sun and moon  (Read 2384 times)

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Cleansing in sun and moon
« on: September 05, 2011, 05:38:56 pm »
Hello everyone :) I have started doing a monthly cleansing of my stones, tarot cards and pendulums. (Maybe other items in the future) also I am going to start making exlirs from healing stones. I just have two problems. My first one is, can the sun fade away the tarot cards, the pendulum, and the stones? and my second problem is, what if its cloudy. During the winter it is cloudy. And if its cloudy does the suns rays still shine through? same with the moon? So my overall question is, if its cloudy and the sun and moon dont show, are they still cleansing my items. And can the sun ruin my items? Thanks and blessed be :)

sugarmagnolia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Cleansing in sun and moon
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 06:18:11 pm »
Quote from: addy;18062
Hello everyone :) I have started doing a monthly cleansing of my stones, tarot cards and pendulums. (Maybe other items in the future) also I am going to start making exlirs from healing stones. I just have two problems. My first one is, can the sun fade away the tarot cards, the pendulum, and the stones? and my second problem is, what if its cloudy. During the winter it is cloudy. And if its cloudy does the suns rays still shine through? same with the moon? So my overall question is, if its cloudy and the sun and moon dont show, are they still cleansing my items. And can the sun ruin my items? Thanks and blessed be :)

Over time the sun light will fade the inks used on your cards.  I'm not sure that it will cause fading on your pendulum, if it's painted it will,  and  I don't know that it will fade your stones in your lifetime.  

When it is cloudy, the sun's rays still shine through, same with the moon.  If you have a box or a cloth to wrap your cards and pendulum in, do it, then place them in the sun.  Stones, I was taught to return them to the earth for cleansing and recharging. This can be earth in a flowerpot, or a hole dug in the ground.  I was also taught that you may leave your cards and pendulum on your altar for cleansing and recharging. This is what my grandfather did.  I suppose that it all comes down to the demands of your tradition/path.

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 06:35:18 pm »
Quote from: sugarmagnolia;18067
Over time the sun light will fade the inks used on your cards.  I'm not sure that it will cause fading on your pendulum, if it's painted it will,  and  I don't know that it will fade your stones in your lifetime.  

When it is cloudy, the sun's rays still shine through, same with the moon.  If you have a box or a cloth to wrap your cards and pendulum in, do it, then place them in the sun.  Stones, I was taught to return them to the earth for cleansing and recharging. This can be earth in a flowerpot, or a hole dug in the ground.  I was also taught that you may leave your cards and pendulum on your altar for cleansing and recharging. This is what my grandfather did.  I suppose that it all comes down to the demands of your tradition/path.

Okies :) thank you, so I leave my pendulum and cards in its pouch when its in my window ? cause the suns energies will still hit the cards in the bag? and thanks :)

opal rivernymph

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 09:32:40 am »
Quote from: addy;18070
Okies :) thank you, so I leave my pendulum and cards in its pouch when its in my window ? cause the suns energies will still hit the cards in the bag? and thanks :)

you have to be very careful with some crystals as they can fade in the sun.  the best thing to do would be to research the best way to recharge each type of crystals - some are best left in the sun, some the moon, some buried, some run under water, some placed in salt, some clensed by smudging.  just keep in mind that whats works for one kind of crystal can destroy another.

Tags: