collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: DIV EX - Divination Exchange Project  (Read 44124 times)

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
Re: DIV EX - Divination Exchange Project
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 03:48:38 am »
Quote from: Tana;757
It would be nice if you could introduce yourself and your work. These questions might help:

- sorts of divination you do (scrying? cards? which cards?)
- maybe specific methods (You do only the celtic cross? You don't do love questions, etc...?)
- your experiences (You're experienced in a specific system? You're a beginner, just wanting to experiment? You're trying out a new system?)
- your current shedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

As I'm about to post a Div Ex request, I thought it would be nice also to post in here that I'm willing to give Ogham readings anytime. I use staves and cards, and my readings are informed by traditional tree Ogham (not Graves' version), 'word-ogham' lists, and other medieval traditions. I'm fairly new to it (started within the last year or so) and learning, but at the stage where I'm trying to go deeper, and being able to read for others would be great. I exchange readings with a friend occasionally, but otherwise it's just reading for myself, which gets a bit dull! I'm not experienced, though, so you may find my interpretation to be a bit rough around the edges. Or, y'know, very.

At the moment I'm sticking to very simple three-card/three-stave readings, which can be used for land/sea/sky currents as in Erynn Laurie's approach, or for past/present/future, or to look at physical/emotional/spiritual aspects of a problem. I'm not particularly busy at the moment, so could do a reading within a couple of days of it being posted.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:33 am »
- maybe specific methods (You do only the celtic cross? You don't do love questions, etc...?)
- your experiences (You're experienced in a specific system? You're a beginner, just wanting to experiment? You're trying out a new system?)
- your current shedule (Busy work life, need several days to answer, you'll just drop in when you have time etc...)

I've been meaning to do this for a while anyway...

I am in the process of learning to use a divination deck that I built, and I enjoy getting feedback on my readings with it. I've been working on it for about a year now and I'm starting to get comfortable. I usually do 2-3 card readings or original layouts.

I've also read with tarot, another divination deck, runes, dice and coins, and I'm willing to break those out if it feels right.

I can usually reply within a day or so but not always.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
DIV EX - Divination Exchange Project
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 09:45:31 pm »

Directions for diviners

Be welcome to try out any divining system or method. It would be nice if you could introduce yourself and your work. These questions might help:

I am always willing to do a reading, by tarot.  I mainly use Tarot of the Sweet Twilight and include images of the cards for review by the seeker.  It is an intuitive non-Rider-Waite deck

I tend to do either three or five card spreads, but will do others if further query is needed.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Violet Flower Witch

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 11:34:42 am »

I would like to offer readings with my oracle and tarot cards in exchange for feedback.

The tarot decks I have are:
Mystic Faerie Tarot
Vampyre Tarot
Angel Tarot
Archangel Power Tarot

The oracle decks I have are:
Life Purpose Oracle Cards
Romance Angels Oracle Cards
Fallen Angels Oracle Cards
Daemon Tarot
Indigo Angels Oracle Cards

I can respond to questions, general subjects, or just a request for a general reading.

I have been doing readings for myself and others for about two and a half years now as a hobby and am not a professional reader. I value feedback and suggestions about my readings.

I can respond to reading requests within a few days. I typically do most readings on the weekend.

Lula

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 09:58:28 pm »
[- sorts of divination you do (scrying? cards? which cards?)

I have been reading tarot for myself and occasionally for close friends for two years now. I use a traditional Rider-Waite deck, and although I have used traditional spreads (mainly Celtic cross), I have lately been trying to become more comfortable with free-form reads (no spread design), three or five-card readings, or larger spreads of my own design.

My readings for others until now have been more like guided lessons, or some type of tandem tarot. I lay the spread, and then explain the card meanings to my friends and suggest possible relevance to their lives- but I've mostly left them to draw their own conclusions. Maybe this is the best way for me. However, since the bulk of my experience has been reading for myself, I would like to do intuitive readings for others, and get genuine feedback on the relevance and accuracy of my readings. I feel very self-conscious and awkward reading for others, and I'd like to work past that.

The more I know about your situation, the more likely my reading is to be relevant for you, but if you prefer a "cold"er reading, I am happy to try. It just might be totally wrong!

Forcing a reading when I don't feel right for it never results in a good reading, so I can't guarantee how fast I can get back to requests. Probably within one week or less, if I can find quiet, private time at home!

NanLT

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://writingsofapaganwitch.wordpress.com/
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 05:00:11 am »
Directions for diviners

Divination and method: I use the Amulets of the Goddess to do readings. I mainly use 5 amulets laid out as a "council of elders" to advise me but am starting to experiment with a 12 amulet spread, each amulet representing where your focus should be for a corresponding month. This could be done, possibly (still working on this part) with a council of elder spread in conjunction. Drawing the initial 12 amulets - then using the month amulet as a focus, drawing 5 to give a more in depth level of guidance. It may be that more guidance is needed for some months, but not for others.

Experience: I've been using the amulets for 20 years, and have been using them in conjunction with shamanic journeywork for about 2 years.

Time scale: I do most readings in the evening so give me 2 or 3 days to get back with it. Friday is intense therapy day so I make no commitments for doing any sort of work that day.

If you are willing to give feedback and have it posted on my blog (not required) that would be great as well. This can be with a name, a nickname, or anonymously.

PrincessAstrid

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 11:24:06 am »

Sorts of divination: I read tarot cards, at least just that for now.
I don't have a specific method, it really depends on the need. I have some spreads I use, but for more generalized (how is this year going to go?) or more complicated (a VERY specific problem that does not fit with my other spreads), I will just pull cards and do a reading from there.
Experience: I've been doing tarot readings for about six years now, but I wouldn't call myself advanced yet. I'm still doing a lot of learning. But I would call myself fairly proficient in doing readings.
Schedule: I work five days a week at a restaurant and live alone, so I have lots of errands to do after work. I usually do readings later at night, before bed. It could take me a day to up to a week, depending on schedule, my fatigue (I'm chronically ill), and the nature of the reading until I can get back with organized results.

catloverkid

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 12:52:43 pm »
(This is a re-post from the original thread in 2009 - posted by Waldfrau)

Divination method: Elder Futhark runes
Specifics: whatever the situation calls for? I can do basic spreads and am willing to for questions but I prefer to cast freely and see what lands closest to the centre and how the runes interact.
Experiences: Very very little; I'm a beginner, wanting to experiment, so I'd really appreciate honest feedback.
Schedule: I'm pretty much always on my computer. How long I take to answer? I don't know; I'm a beginner and just trying to figure out if I have a knack for this for others.
"Do the gods speak?"
"Do they ever stop?"

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 07:33:29 pm »
Quote from: catloverkid;145291
Divination method: Elder Futhark runes
Specifics: whatever the situation calls for? I can do basic spreads and am willing to for questions but I prefer to cast freely and see what lands closest to the centre and how the runes interact.
Experiences: Very very little; I'm a beginner, wanting to experiment, so I'd really appreciate honest feedback.
Schedule: I'm pretty much always on my computer. How long I take to answer? I don't know; I'm a beginner and just trying to figure out if I have a knack for this for others.

I'm open for a reading anytime :)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 08:01:07 pm »
Quote from: Aspiria;145317
I'm open for a reading anytime :)

Please read the first post in this thread. This thread is for readers to introduce themselves and for general questions; it is not where people request readings.

Sunflower
Staff Person i/c The Divinatory Arts Forum
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 08:02:17 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;145322
Please read the first post in this thread. This thread is for readers to introduce themselves and for general questions; it is not where people request readings.

Sunflower
Staff Person i/c The Divinatory Arts Forum

Sorry ...

Kyndyl

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Kyndyl's Divination intro
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 07:55:43 am »
Greetings all,
   I saw a request that we introduce ourselves if we want to offer readings.. so well here's my intro. Hi I'm Kyndyl. I've been doing readings for myself and others.. since 1990's. Others= mostly friends or local groups and the funds going to charities.. but I'm way out of practice at the moment.

so to answer the questions in the sticky post:
I use Tarot(shapeshifter deck, animals Divine, or celtic dragon are primary 3 I work with), and Anglo-Saxon runes.

I generally do a 3 card or rune drawing, depending on what feels right. I'm hoping to explore my familiarity with other readings.. one reason I'm volunteering.

I've got more experience with Tarot, but I primarily use my Runes.

schedule- full time student, but my classes and everything else are online.. so I'm generally near a computer. I have some trips coming up, but other than that I should be able to reply within a day or so.

feel free to ask if you have questions.
-Kyndyl

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kyndyl's Divination intro
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 08:08:28 am »
Quote from: Kyndyl;145842
Greetings all,
   I saw a request that we introduce ourselves if we want to offer readings.. so well here's my intro. Hi I'm Kyndyl. I've been doing readings for myself and others.. since 1990's. Others= mostly friends or local groups and the funds going to charities.. but I'm way out of practice at the moment.

so to answer the questions in the sticky post:
I use Tarot(shapeshifter deck, animals Divine, or celtic dragon are primary 3 I work with), and Anglo-Saxon runes.

I generally do a 3 card or rune drawing, depending on what feels right. I'm hoping to explore my familiarity with other readings.. one reason I'm volunteering.

I've got more experience with Tarot, but I primarily use my Runes.

schedule- full time student, but my classes and everything else are online.. so I'm generally near a computer. I have some trips coming up, but other than that I should be able to reply within a day or so.

feel free to ask if you have questions.
-Kyndyl

I posted a Div Ex requesting a reading if you'd like to use me for practice or what have you.  I'm just looking for a "what's up right now or what's going on what do I need or need to do" type of reading.  Thanks! If you decide to give me one.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: Kyndyl's Divination intro
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 08:38:14 pm »
Quote from: Kyndyl;145842
I saw a request that we introduce ourselves if we want to offer readings.. so well here's my intro.

That request was specifically in context of our Divination Exchange Project, and the intros go into the DivEx Project sticky thread, so I've merged your intro into that thread.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2014, 11:05:27 am »
(This is a re-post from the original thread in 2009 - posted by Waldfrau)

The Divination exchange project

This is meant as a learning project for diviners who are either inexperienced at all with reading for others or are looking for refinement of their skills, want to try out new system or do experiments. If you're looking for free divination you're welcome, but please note that you are acting as a guinea pig for the diviners and they'll need your honest feedback to refine their skills.

Directions for diviners

Be welcome to try out any divining system or method. It would be nice if you could introduce yourself and your work. These questions might help:

You'll find your guinea pigs in the threads called 'DivEx'. There you can look for the right opportunity to prove and refine your skills.

I'd consider it fair play if you'd honestly express points you're unsure of or request additional information or help. No need to play the prophet, we're all here to learn! In return they give you feedback about the acurateness of your divination and thus help you to improve yourself.  

So you'd want to follow the thread after you've done your divination and maybe remind your 'guinea pig' to give you feedback, ask him/her what happened about the situations you discussed in your divination. Those threads might also be a place to discuss different divinations from different diviners. Why got diviner A so different results with runes than diviner B with cards? Why was reading C inaccurate in a specific aspect? You have an idea for reader D to improve a specific method? This should help everyone to learn.

Directions for Seekers (guinea pigs)

If you're new here, you best state your request by posting your own 'DivEx'-thread. The form is like this:

'DivEx - [name of the seeker]'. Posting icon is the lamp.

You can either post a specific question and wish or just a general request. The diviners might ask you for more details if they need them. The time of response might vary. Some people can't divine everyday. Some people might find your question outside what they can do yet, so it could take a bit till you get some answers. If there's a lot of activity and you feel you've been forgotten, you may also post in the organizing thread and provide a link to your DivEx-thread, but this is better only an exception.

If you've already posted a DivEx-thread , you can post any new request in your already existing DivEx-thread. If you have after a time of waiting the impression you're request gets overlooked because none of the current readers is following your thread anymore you could additionally post a link to your thread into the organizing thread.

For any divination done it's good for the diviner to get honest feedback from you, especially after some time has passed and you can tell how accurate the divination was.

Purpose of this thread (organizing thread)

- general questions about the project
- general discussion of the project (problems, new ideas, organization)
- introduction of new diviners
- announcements of diviners (like will be on holiday for three weeks)

Any questions? I hope I didn't forget anything.

I've been doing divination for about a year for myself, and I'd like to divine for others. I do scrying with a mirror and selenite ball, and tarot cards (Pagan Cats, and I've got a Golden Dawn deck on it's way).

I can also do aura readings, although I've never done them long distance before.

I'm typically available in the evenings, but I do travel for work so the schedule may vary a bit.

Tags: