Results 1 to 1 of 1
23 Jun 2011 05:02 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Last Online
- Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
- Central Texas
- Hellenic Pagan
About the Chavi Memorial Chronic Illness SIG (Special Rules)
This SIG is a place for Pagans and their friends who are battling serious, chronic, or terminal illnesses (or pain) and their family members, friends, and caregivers.
This SIG is named in honor of Chavi. Those of you who have been with us for several years will remember her. She was a longtime member of The Cauldron who lost her battle with a rare form ovarian cancer that took her from us much too soon. Her determination, fight and attitude gave many of us inspiration and a desire to confront our own personal illnesses in a similar manner. This SIG opened on April 1, 2009, three years after she left us.
Additional Rules for this Board:
1) Please be nice. Remember that many people here is going through/has gone through a major life-threatening illness or is a family member of or caregiver to such a person. Cut them some slack.
2) This is a mutual support forum, not a medical advice forum. While members with similar conditions may be able to tell you what their treatment was and what it was like to go through it, only your doctor(s) can determine what treatment is best for you and your particular situation. Please do not ask for medical advice.
3) Please respect the religious beliefs of other members, even if they differ greatly from your own. While The Cauldron has always welcomed members of all religions, this is especially true of this SIG. People with severe illnesses have friends and family of many different religions and they are all welcome here. This forum is not the place for religious debate.
4) "Miracle" alternative treatments generally don't work. Many alternative healing methods can be used with standard medical treatments -- talk to your doctor(s) if you are interested in trying something to be sure that it will not interfere with your treatment. However, the "miracle cure" alternative treatments you find on many sites on the Internet generally are nothing but "snake oil." You'll find the hosts and staff frown on advising others to use such "miracle" alternative treatments. Almost all "alternative treatments" that suggest or imply that they should be used in place of standard medical treatment fall into the "miracle/snake oil" category.
5) Prayer and Energy Requests: While prayer and energy requests aren't prohibited in this board, they really belong in the Prayer and Energy Requests board where more people are likely to see them.
By RandallS in forum Special Topic DiscussionsReplies: 0Last Post: 23 Jun 2011, 04:55 PM
By RandallS in forum Magic and the Occult for BeginnersReplies: 0Last Post: 23 Jun 2011, 04:27 PM
By RandallS in forum Books and Other ResourcesReplies: 0Last Post: 23 Jun 2011, 04:23 PM
By RandallS in forum Paganism For BeginnersReplies: 0Last Post: 23 Jun 2011, 04:18 PM